Style

Sporty Femme

April 15, 2014
to vogue or bust, vancouver style blog, vancouver fashion blog, vancouver fashion, canadian fashion blog, alexandra grant, 424 fifth skirt, 424 fifth sweater, h&m heels, mary nichols bag, forever 21 bangles, kv bijou ring, brooklyn designs ring, spring style

Sweater & skirt c/o 424 Fifth, H&M sunnies & heels,
bag c/o Mary Nichols, rings c/o KV Bijou & Brooklyn Designs

The thing I most love about 424 Fifth is that as much as the label celebrates femininity, there are always pieces with an edge or androgynous vibe (like this sweater) that help temper the femme quality of other pieces in the line, like this sweet ladylike skirt (other examples of more girly pieces here and here). I love womanly silhouettes but I definitely need to add sporty or slouchy elements to make a look feel more like “me.”
Other than the sweater, air-dried hair, my boyfriend’s sunnies and minimal makeup helped make the skirt daytime-apropos. Check out the rest of 424 Fifth’s lookbook here!
So if you follow me on Instagram, you might have seen that the boyfriend got me a guitar for my birthday – I used to play back in the day and really loved it. Apparently I must have really missed it because after picking it up after work around 5:30 yesterday, I ended up playing until oh, I don’t know…11. Needless to say, my fingers are majorly blistered up, but it was worth it – so much fun. My neighbours are going to love me. Anything that you’ve left behind in the past that might be worth picking up again? Tell me in the comments!

• Reply Natali April 15, 2014 at 3:15 pm

Very Parisienne chic outfit! I'm loving your skirt!

• Reply Hannah April 15, 2014 at 3:59 pm

The color and shape of that skirt are perfect on you!
    Champagne Lifestyle on a Beer Budget

• Reply Leesa H. April 15, 2014 at 4:20 pm

Very lovely outfit!

• Reply Melanie Liliana April 15, 2014 at 6:29 pm

This outfit is so great on you! I picked up the cream version of that skirt and can't wait to style it! I'm also so jealous of all the gorgeous colours and warmth Vancouver has! Calgary is dark and gloomy and no green anywhere! Can't wait for it to get to warmer! xo

• Reply LyddieGal April 16, 2014 at 12:58 am

The midi skirt is so elegant, and I adore the color. Both pieces are classics I'm sure you will get a ton of wear from!
    Chic on the Cheap

• Reply Jackie April 16, 2014 at 2:56 am

I love what I'm seeing from this line and can see myself styling this skirt similarly to how you did here (but with more boring sunglasses).

I'm actually so jealous of the gorgeous spring backdrop in behind you, since we're dealing with snow in Toronto. *sigh*

xo Jackie
    Something About That

• Reply Julie April 16, 2014 at 2:29 pm

Love the colors and the shape of the skirt!

Style by Joules

• Reply cambogia extract garcinia May 6, 2016 at 8:43 pm

I’m really enjoying the design and layout of your
    website. It’s a very easy on the eyes which makes it much
    more pleasant for me to come here and visit more
    often. Did you hire out a developer to create your theme?
    Excellent work!

• Reply tri cities property management May 7, 2016 at 1:43 am

Our latest addition to the limousine fleet
    is the 7 passenger Cadillac Escalade. Be smart and savvy when negotiating the
    interest rate for new cars and don’t just sign on the bottom line.
    The damage varies from vehicle to vehicle but can be as small as
    light hail damage which is barely visible through
    to damage caused by falling trees.

• Reply sick May 7, 2016 at 2:08 am

It’s a pity you don’t have a donate button! I’d definitely donate to
    this brilliant blog! I guess for now i’ll settle for book-marking and adding your RSS feed
    to my Google account. I look forward to brand new updates and will share
    this website with my Facebook group. Chat soon!