Style

Winter Knits

February 19, 2014
to vogue or bust, vancouver style, vancouver fashion, vancouver style blog, vancouver fashion blog, alexandra grant, canadian fashion blog, french connection wool hat, h&m sweater, club monaco cashmere sweater, club monaco cashmere scarf, converse sneakers, james jeans skinny jeans, brooklyn designs ring, pandora ring

H&M cardigan, sneakers c/o Converse, jeans c/o James Jeans,
Club Monaco sweater & scarf, bag c/o Sole Society, French Connection hat
rings c/o PandoraBrooklyn Designs

You guys, my House of Cards obsession is getting…bad. I’m already ten episodes in and it’s getting really weird. Anyone else equally obsessed with the show?

The only respite I had from my binge recently was at the cabin, and only because my family isn’t into the show so I was forced to bench it. As I mentioned in yesterday’s post, it was definitely a weekend of relaxation that I desperately needed…sleeping in, walks by the beach and headed to Lund in this cozy knit-on-knit-on-knit ensemble. I’m all about staying as cozy as possible at the cabin (particularly during the winter in the cold damp) so I always layer on the knits – this also serves the double advantage of adding visual interest with layered on texture!

I don’t know about you guys, but the past couple of weeks have been a bit exhausting for me – whether it’s being a bit busier than usual or the fact that Mercury is in retrograde (naturally, I’m going with the latter), I honestly can’t sleep enough. I’m a typical Aries usually…I like to exert, create, etc. All in all, I’m all about output and action rather than observation and reflection usually. But the past little while, I’ve really just wanted quiet and rest and time to think. It’s kind of how I feel about style around this time of the year too – it’s neither winter or spring here in Vancouver and I wouldn’t exactly characterize my feelings about style as uninspired, but I also feel like taking a more pared-down approach to style, which this week has totally demonstrated!

On that note, a veeeeery happy hump day! Can’t wait to get to the weekend 🙂

• Reply Natali February 19, 2014 at 3:00 pm

Beautiful cardigan and hat! You look gorgeous!

• Reply Jaclyn Leblanc February 19, 2014 at 4:05 pm

THAT SWEATER AND HAT! You pull off cold and cozy so well!!!!

• Reply Katie Hagan February 19, 2014 at 4:07 pm

Your cabin looks amazing and that hat's shape is perfection.

TOILEDEJEAN

• Reply Monika Faulkner February 19, 2014 at 4:25 pm

I just added a big cozy "grandpa" cardigan (mine is a heathered chartreuse!) to my arsenal a few weeks ago…it's sooo nice to feel like you're wrapped up in a blanket, isn't it?? And I imagine that the black duffle-style bag doubled as your overnighter; good choice!!

• Reply Olivia Law February 19, 2014 at 5:40 pm

This looks insanely cosy – you look stunning xo

• Reply Elena Benito February 19, 2014 at 6:18 pm

Me encanta el look! estas perfecta! la chaqueta es ideal… bueno todo! 😀 😀

Besos

• Reply Ana Parfenova February 19, 2014 at 6:47 pm

Happy hump day, Alex! Thankfully the weekend is creeping up! You should take some time for yourself to relax and recharge your batteries. Sometimes it's so easy to get caught up with always being on the go that it starts to slowly wear you down. I'm sure your brief escape to the habit was very refreshing but the travel time to and from the sunshine coast can be daunting sometimes! Anyway, I just love this cozy look and hope you can take some quality 'you time' for yourself soon. 🙂

Love,
    Ana

• Reply Aimee Sanchez February 19, 2014 at 11:20 pm

Such a beautiful background! The cardigan looks so cozy and the converse add a casual feel to the whole look 😀

• Reply jules February 20, 2014 at 1:53 am

Does it really take 5 hours and 2 ferries to get to Lund? If it does I'm impressed with how often you go! My family's in the Okanagan, also 5 hours away, and I only go a couple of times a year!

xo julesinflats

• Reply shesseasonallyinspired February 20, 2014 at 3:41 am

Love the look! and right now I'm on a Gossip Girl obsession…. it bad I think I have a problem xo

• Reply Melanie Liliana February 20, 2014 at 7:20 am

Your looks are always so effortless and comfy Alex! I love this outfit! Also, I am about to start House of Cards.. I get addicted to things fast so I probably will with this too! haha xx

• Reply Adina February 20, 2014 at 8:09 am

beautiful style. simple and perfect
    aquamarine rings is perfect for your love

• Reply cambogia extract fortunately May 7, 2016 at 3:07 am

Hi there! Do you know if they make any plugins to assist
    with Search Engine Optimization? I’m trying to get my blog to
    rank for some targeted keywords but I’m not seeing very good gains.
    If you know of any please share. Kudos!

• Reply Concetta May 7, 2016 at 3:41 am

Psychic Marie’s psychic readings can assist you see and also understand
    the patterns that make up your love life, so you can choose
    merely the best companion for your existing scenarios.

• Reply read me May 7, 2016 at 5:58 am

First off I want to say awesome blog! I had a
    quick question in which I’d like to ask if you don’t mind.
    I was interested to know how you center yourself and clear your thoughts prior to writing.
    I have had difficulty clearing my mind in getting my ideas out.
    I do enjoy writing however it just seems like the first 10 to 15 minutes tend to be wasted just trying to
    figure out how to begin. Any suggestions or hints? Kudos!

• Reply local seo audit May 7, 2016 at 1:54 pm

extended familyAsrevolting disgustingfive hundred a leading
    nagive search engine optimization five hundredfirm, twoextended
    familyWebpageFXnuclear familyfive hundred extended familyhasrevolting disgustingnuclear familytwofive hudred extended familya
    ffive hundredconnfirmedfive hindred techniquee to revolting disgustingoptimizenuclear familytwo
    booth five hundrednuclear famlyyour web site tworevolting disgustingandrevolting disgustingtwofive hundred extended familyGooglerevolting disgusting revolting disgustingPlacesrevoolting disgustingnuclear familytwo extendded familyaccountrevolting
    disgustingextended family fornuclear familyfive hundred tworevolting disgustingGooglerevolting disgustingextended familytwofive hundded fivbe hundrednuclewar familyrevolting
    disgustingLocalrevolting disgustingtwofive hundred twoextended familyrevolting disgustinglistingsrevolting disgustingtwo.

• Reply Nicole May 7, 2016 at 2:18 pm

Heya! I just wanted to ask if you ever have any issues with hackers?
    My last blog (wordpress) was hacked and I ended up losing a
    few months of hard work due to no backup. Do you have any methods to stop hackers?

• Reply What Men Want May 7, 2016 at 11:56 pm

Some males get inpatient and exlect their wives to agree woth a viewpoint simply because they think it’s the fact.

• Reply Nonton Film Online May 8, 2016 at 4:05 am

My partner and I stumbled over here from a different web address and thought I might as well check things out.
    I like what I see so i am just following you. Look forward to looking over
    your web page yet again.

• Reply Meagan May 8, 2016 at 6:57 pm

I like reading a post that can make men and women think.
    Also, thanks for permitting me to comment!

• Reply Denisha May 8, 2016 at 7:29 pm

Computer systems and lots of key-boards could be set to
    produce and also play Musical Instrument Digital Interface (MIDI) songs.

• Reply Shane May 8, 2016 at 7:32 pm

Loaded with success, classic tracks as well as perennial
    follower favorites, these are the 4 vital cds which protected the Dixie Chicks’ condition as the top selling group in country music history.

• Reply Soon May 8, 2016 at 7:57 pm

BerkleeICE’s Rethink Songs Job releases a comprehensive
    research study promoting for fairness and also transparency of repayment streams within the songs industry.

• Reply site May 8, 2016 at 8:03 pm

Give music enthusiasts a whole new way to play, discover, discuss, and connect with the sounds that
    move them.

• Reply site May 8, 2016 at 8:13 pm

The New-York vocalist and producer first found popularity posting terrific 1-minute bits of her songs to YouTube, before launching a intricate and psychological electro-pop EP.
    In 2015, her music has actually been instilled with an excellent procedure
    of rhythm, good news for us footloose individuals.

• Reply Cornell May 8, 2016 at 8:26 pm

Classical music foring example symphonies, music enhancement to
    blended and also ballet vocal/instrumental genres such as opera
    as well as oratorio ended up being more popular.

• Reply site May 8, 2016 at 9:05 pm

All cultures consist of a mix of both, and also efficiency may vary from improvised solo playing to very
    intended and also organised performances such as
    the contemporary classical performance, spiritual processions,
    symphonic music celebrations or songs competitors Chamber songs, which
    is music for a tiny ensemble with only a few of each
    sort of instrument, is usually seen as longer intimate than big symphonic works.

• Reply Crystle May 8, 2016 at 9:45 pm

The focus of art songs was defined by expedition of brand-new
    rhythms, designs, and also seems.

• Reply Dorris May 8, 2016 at 9:57 pm

John Talabot n’est pas un inconnu dans les couloirs du Pitchfork Songs Celebration Paris, mais le Barcelonnais, adepte d’une
    slow-moving residence hypnotique et sensuelle, n’avait
    jamais croisé le fer avec un tel monolithe de
    la musique électronique.

• Reply site May 8, 2016 at 9:57 pm

This will not be John Talabot’s very first visit to the Pitchfork Music Festival Paris, yet the Barcelonan artist, experienced of slow-moving, hypnotic,
    and even sensuous residence songs, has actually never ever crossed courses
    with a giant in the world of electronic songs such as Roman Flügel.

• Reply Celesta May 8, 2016 at 10:24 pm

Berklee’s initial global campus, in Valencia, Spain, supplies master’s degrees, summer programs, and
    even several other possibilities for international songs education.

• Reply Duane May 8, 2016 at 10:39 pm

Music collection theory is the application of mathematical
    set theory to music, initial applied to atonal songs Speculative songs concept, contrasted with analytic music theory, is dedicated to the analysis as well
    as synthesis of songs materials, for example adjusting
    systems, normally as preparation for structure.

• Reply Nick May 8, 2016 at 11:07 pm

Computer systems and numerous key-boards could be set to produce and even play
    Music Tool Digital User interface (MIDI) songs.

• Reply Christoper May 8, 2016 at 11:17 pm

Church choirs grew in size, and also the church stayed a crucial
    customer of music.

• Reply Madonna May 8, 2016 at 11:19 pm

Berklee and also the Umbria Jazz Festival commemorate three decades
    of collaboration on training the next generation of jazz artists.

• Reply Gaye May 9, 2016 at 12:13 am

To provide an additional example, while Romantic age classical music from the mid- to late-1800s makes
    wonderful use of dramatic weather changes of characteristics, from murmuring pianissimo areas to thunderous fortissimo parts, some entire Baroque dancing suites
    for harpsichord from the early 1700s might make use of a solitary dynamic.

• Reply Rayford May 9, 2016 at 12:44 am

Music was an integral part of social and cultural life in Old
    Greece Musicians and vocalists played a popular duty in Greek cinema 36
    Mixed-gender choruses performed for amusement, celebration, and
    spiritual events.

• Reply Bridget May 9, 2016 at 1:19 am

À la fois planante et chargée, la bass music produite par Keight fait voyager ses affects trap, trip-hop et dub aux confins du cosmos.

• Reply Sean May 9, 2016 at 1:45 am

By giving these instruments, Music Fund has merely provided home
    owner the possibility making songs.

• Reply Billy May 9, 2016 at 2:08 am

BBC Blast Songs For 13- to 19-year-olds fascinated in discovering, making, carrying out and chatting regarding music.

• Reply Lidia May 9, 2016 at 2:22 am

Berklee has its stamp around the songs of Hamilton, foring example the job of music supervisor and orchestrator Alex Lacamoire ’95.

• Reply Deanna May 9, 2016 at 2:26 am

The record of the songs of the Western societies can be mapped
    back to Ancient Greece times.

• Reply site May 9, 2016 at 3:17 am

A new slate of graduate programs in Boston–
    a master of songs in modern efficiency (international jazz focus) and even a master
    of fine arts in songs treatment– complete the graduate work
    being performed at Berklee’s school in Valencia, Spain.

• Reply Ruby May 9, 2016 at 3:34 am

Grove Songs Online is the 8th version of Grove’s Dictionary of
    Music and even Musicians, and also contains short articles commissioned specifically for the website along with articles from New Grove 2001, Grove Opera,
    and even Grove Jazz The recently published 2nd editions of The Grove Dictionary of American Songs and The Grove Dictionary of
    Music Instruments are still being put online, and new write-ups are added
    to GMO with each website upgrade.

• Reply Hugo May 9, 2016 at 3:36 am

The boundaries of Nosaj Thing’s music are only limited by his mind, which he
    pushes as far as he can, taking us with him.

• Reply Aurora May 9, 2016 at 4:02 am

The taxi horns in An American in Paris” are as famous as any sort of sounds in symphonic music.

• Reply Maynard May 9, 2016 at 4:44 am

Music was an integral part of social and social life in Ancient Greece Musicians and even vocalists played a
    popular role in Greek theater 36 Mixed-gender choruses performed for home entertainment,
    celebration, as well as spiritual ceremonies.

• Reply Kristopher May 9, 2016 at 5:00 am

Learn where to discover as well as how you can use all the incredible attributes and also material in Apple Music.

• Reply Carlton May 9, 2016 at 5:27 am

To give an additional instance, while Enchanting age symphonic music from the mid- to late-1800s makes wonderful
    use of dramatic modifications of characteristics, from whispering pianissimo areas to thunderous fortissimo areas, some whole Baroque
    dancing suites for harpsichord from the early 1700s may use a solitary dynamic.

• Reply Lucile May 9, 2016 at 5:43 am

In the 18th century, focus moved to the encounter of hearing songs, and therefore to inquiries regarding its
    appeal and even human enjoyment (plaisir as well as jouissance) of songs.

• Reply Samual May 9, 2016 at 5:50 am

Family members team production requires iOS or OS X; member of the family could access their family members group’s Apple Music membership on Android.

• Reply Valerie May 9, 2016 at 6:17 am

Producing Starving Songs tag alongside with his close friends Worakls as well as Joachim Pastor is
    a possibility for him to let his imagination and
    even music eclectism circulation freely so that he continuously reinvents
    himself.

• Reply Ella May 9, 2016 at 6:39 am

John Pope likes to call his music electronic textural maximalism,” and the Philippines-raised manufacturer’s expansive soundscapes could be listened to racking up 2 Cannes-certified shorts, Agos: The Manila Desire and even Pasan.

• Reply Felicia May 9, 2016 at 6:41 am

Music concept is the research of songs, usually in an extremely
    technical way outside of other disciplines.

• Reply Nellie May 9, 2016 at 7:13 am

Now you can also pay attention to the tens of countless
    tracks in the Apple Music collection.

• Reply Jarrod May 9, 2016 at 7:27 am

In Western songs, foring example symphonic music, popular song, rock-and-roll and also numerous related styles, the
    most common chords are set of threes – 3 notes typically played at the exact same time.

• Reply Chet May 9, 2016 at 8:03 am

The television series has actually generated old experts and even brand-new artists to
    develop tunes with a real 1970s punk feel.

• Reply Chas May 9, 2016 at 8:10 am

Berklee pupil Luis Gamarra started the not-for-profit Sonidos Bolivianos as a way to support musicians
    and even musicians in his native Bolivia.

• Reply muffler shop May 9, 2016 at 8:12 am

bookmarked!!, I really like your website!

• Reply Libby May 9, 2016 at 8:28 am

Performance is the physical expression of music, which takes place when a tune is sung or when a piano piece, electric guitar tune, symphony, drum
    beat or various other music part is played by artists.

• Reply site May 9, 2016 at 8:37 am

In Western songs, foring example classical music, popular song, rock-and-roll and even numerous related designs, one of
    the most typical chords are set of threes – three notes usually played at the exact same time.

• Reply site May 9, 2016 at 9:17 am

Family group development requires iOS or OS X; member of the family could
    access their household team’s Apple Songs subscription on Android.

• Reply site May 9, 2016 at 9:17 am

Leur dernier cd en date, dans lequel on retrouve notamment Zack de la Rocha de Craze Against The Device,
    est presque dangereux, et leur passage au Pitchfork Songs Celebration Paris est un événement en soi.

• Reply Lindsey May 9, 2016 at 9:38 am

Learn more about Berklee’s master’s degrees
    offered on our Boston and also Valencia, Spain universities, with programs foring example music treatment, efficiency, place of work, movie scoring, and also music technology.

• Reply Mireya May 9, 2016 at 10:13 am

Hollens has actually done in famous places such as Carnegie Hall, Lincoln Facility as well as the
    Beacon Theatre in New york city City.

• Reply site May 9, 2016 at 11:16 am

With performances including the Fisk Jubilee Singers; the songs
    of Bob Dylan; Hal Crook with Esperanza Spalding; and also the Berklee Global Jazz Institute, the very first fifty percent of this series embraces
    the university’s global area and even Boston’s varied music
    preference.

• Reply Tilly May 9, 2016 at 12:55 pm

The borders of Nosaj Point’s songs are just
    restricted by his mind, which he pushes as far as he can, taking us with
    him.

• Reply Lavonne May 9, 2016 at 1:15 pm

These self-questionings result in a chilly and even singular abstract
    hip-hop, something close to electronica and even ambient music.