Style

Sugar Plums

December 23, 2013

Obakki dress & coat, J.Crew heels, Club Monaco clutch & ring,

Given that Christmas is now literally two days away, it only seemed too fitting to wear this cranberry-hued Obakki dress to the ballet the other day (cranberry’s my favourite seasonal colour during winter). And as fond as I am of reliable neutrals when it comes to cold-weather outerwear, this Obakki pink coat complimented the cranberry tone too perfectly to not put them together.
I went with my mum and sister to see the Nutcracker in this ensemble and it was incredible – we go every year and it’s by far my favourite holiday tradition. This has been a bit of a weird holiday season, so these little festive rituals are a must…my older sister (who’s like a twin to me) is in Europe, we don’t have Bailey (which is still something I’m dealing with grief-wise day to day) and my little sister and brother’s flight was grounded in Ontario so they’re coming in just in the nick of time for Christmas. As less-than-amazing as the circumstances surrounding this year’s Christmas are, having these happy things to look forward to makes such a difference, plus Matt’s been such a great guy about keeping my spirits up too – as you can see here, he’s been amazing about keeping our space festive and happy!
What are your holiday tradition musts? Have you managed to check them all off in time for Christmas this Wednesday?

• Reply Ashleigh Preston December 23, 2013 at 2:26 pm

Gorgeous coat! Love this look 🙂
    ~Ashleigh {Dazzle by Day}

• Reply Rebecca Jane December 23, 2013 at 2:28 pm

Beautiful dress – I love the colour.

• Reply Heather December 23, 2013 at 2:40 pm

this whole look is soooo beautiful! Esp with the lights in the background soooo perfect.

heather
    fashionistanygirl.com

• Reply Courtney Erin December 23, 2013 at 2:54 pm

This is such a sophisticated and beautiful look – you look so glamourous!

Courtney ~ Sartorial Sidelines

• Reply RedRoom December 23, 2013 at 6:30 pm

Very subtle and sophisticated.

• Reply OceanWind December 23, 2013 at 7:02 pm

Such a beautiful post, I'm speechless! Everything looks so perfect: the colors of the outfit, the lightning, the location! Also hope your whole family will get together for Christmas Eve!
    Kisses and Happy Holidays!!!

OceanWind Blog

• Reply Kacie Ellis December 23, 2013 at 8:28 pm

The Christmas lights in the background are gorgeous! And you look amazing! Happy Holidays!

• Reply Kimberly December 23, 2013 at 8:54 pm

This is absolutely stunning – it has such a glamorous almost old-Hollywood vibe…LOVE it!

• Reply Carmen December 23, 2013 at 9:21 pm

Wow, these pics are so perfect and so is your outfit. This coat is heavenly, I especially like the colour on you 🙂 Also the Nutcracker is one of those ballets I would LOOOVE to see, lucky you 🙂

• Reply Sue December 24, 2013 at 3:27 am

I was thinking about you and your Christmas without Bailey. We offered to look after someones dog who was going away at Christmas to help with that first Christmas when we lost Tika. Good luck to you and Merry Christmas You look gorgeous in your ensemble!

• Reply Tessa and Scarlett December 24, 2013 at 3:36 am

Wow I love love love this outfit. The combination of your dress and coat is gorgeous! Merry Christmas!

tessaandscarlett.blogspot.ca

• Reply Monika Faulkner December 24, 2013 at 6:36 am

Stunning photos…stunning you!! A perfect, ladylike look for the ballet; I love the tone-on-tone combination of your dress and coat, and that sparkly clutch!! Best wishes for a beautiful Christmas celebration, Alex!!

• Reply JennaStevie December 24, 2013 at 5:05 pm

Ahh this is an amazing look, I absolutely love these photos with the lights in the backdrop. This dress is such a great colour and has perfect draping.
    My brother is stuck out in Vancouver this year so I get that it sucks not having the whole family together 🙁

• Reply Naomi December 24, 2013 at 9:07 pm

Hello lady! Beautiful coat and photos!

Merry Christmas!

xoxo, The Occasional Indulgence

• Reply Anastasia December 28, 2013 at 10:36 pm

very elegant look)

• Reply Petra Zeller December 30, 2013 at 10:45 pm

Everything is so beautiful and perfect. You look stunning.
    Hope you had amazing christmas days. Wish you tomorrow a great new years eve and all the best for the new year 2014
    xo, Petra

• Reply eatlesssugaryouresweetenough.com September 2, 2014 at 11:43 pm

Gorg! Love Obakki and love the photos!!