Hot Fuzz

November 26, 2013
to vogue or bust, vancouver style blog, vancouver fashion blog, alexandra grant, canadian fashion blog, fall fashion, fall style, vancouver blog, obakki jacket, gap skinny jeans, zara booties, vintage bag

Jeans c/o Gap Canada, Zara booties,
Obakki jacket, vintage bag & scarf

No matter how often I wear this jacket, my boyfriend still won’t get on board. My “pimp jacket” (as he likes to call it) has officially made its position known on the man repelling list and if anything, it just makes me want to wear it more. Mostly because every time we go out in public and I get a compliment from some girl about how much she loves this piece, I get to turn back to look at him with a victorious and vengeful laugh. Totally healthy and normal, right?
Anyway, as much as I love this Obakki piece worn with more femme pieces like I did in this post, being the statement that it is, I almost prefer it with complete basics. And there isn’t anything as basic as denim skinnies, black booties and my favourite sleek vintage clutch! I’ve been feeling like I’m on the verge of getting sick since my grand episode post-Friday-evening (you can read more about that in yesterday’s post) so all I feel like wearing are cozy classics, anyway.
With that, I’m going to stay hopped up on Dayquil all day – after being home sick one too many times this past year, I kind of feel like closing out 2013 in good health! Happy Tuesday everyone!

• Reply Ashleigh Preston November 26, 2013 at 1:44 pm

Love how you styled that fuzzy coat! Definitely makes me want to buy it…..my husband wouldn't like it either 🙂
    ~Ashleigh {Dazzle by Day}

• Reply Lindsay Moir November 26, 2013 at 1:57 pm

It's definitely a girl thing- I love it!

• Reply Emma Finlayson November 26, 2013 at 3:36 pm

Love that jacket. Man Repeller.. who cares! Also dying over that bag!
    xo Emma

• Reply Naghmeh November 26, 2013 at 3:53 pm

I LOVE your "pimp jacket" haha that is hilarious but boys will never understand these things but that's ok it just keep things fun 🙂
    xo

• Reply Olivia Law November 26, 2013 at 4:45 pm

You look gorgeous! I love the scarf, and your jacket is so cool xo

• Reply Claude November 26, 2013 at 5:08 pm

I just wanted to write what a great sweater you have! I didn't even notice it was a jacket!
    I have the same situation with my boyfriend jeans, men just hate them:D

xx Claude

• Reply Heather November 26, 2013 at 5:18 pm

I LOVE this jacket. O yea my fiance wouldn't like this jacket either lol there are just somethings in my closet that I love that he isn't a fan of but whateves doesn't stop me from wearing it lol

heather
    fashionistanygirl.com

• Reply Melanie Liliana November 26, 2013 at 5:48 pm

I LOVE that jacket!! I totally know how that feels with the bf. He can't get on board with baggy pants or high waisted jeans either haha. I always laugh at him too when someone compliments me! Glad it doesn't stop us from wearing them 😉

• Reply Kacie Ellis November 26, 2013 at 9:43 pm

That sweater looks so fuzzy and comfy and fabulous!

• Reply Monika Faulkner November 27, 2013 at 2:51 am

You need to tell your boyfriend that he doesn't know what he's talking about!! 😉 This is the most awesome jacket EVER!! I am loving this gorgeous scarf, too…may I ask where you got it?!

• Reply Petra November 27, 2013 at 7:30 am

That sweater looks so pretty and cozy. Great style.
    have a great day.