Closer to the Heart

November 12, 2013
to vogue or bust, vancouver style blog, vancouver fashion blog, vancouver fashion, canadian fashion blog, fall style, fall fashion, alexandra grant, club monaco coat, plenty sweater, james jeans twiggy jeans, michael kore heels, mary nichols bag

Club Monaco coat, sweater c/o Plenty, bag c/o Mary Nichols, Michael Kors heels,
jeans c/o James Jeans, ring c/o Social Experiment, gloves c/o Spank

I think I managed to set a new all-time record for hours slept this past long weekend. I’m not much of a sleeper actually and usually hate sleeping in but for some reason, I just couldn’t get myself out of bed before 11AM throughout the whole weekend. Either I’m coming down with something or I was just plain exhausted, but either way, that’s pretty much all I spent my weekend doing. We went out one night but other than that, we just doted around home, getting some new furniture set up, decorating and cleaning (expect some decor posts in the future PS!). It was so nice to just clear out three days to do a whole lot of nothing.
Also on this past weekend’s to-do list: mass-consuming doughnuts from Granville Island, which is what we were en route to do when we snapped these pics yesterday on Remembrance Day (hence the poppy!). My cute heart sweater’s from Plenty, a great local retailer – I’m all about cozy pullovers right around this time of the year. As someone who’s perpetually in a state of freezing, the more pieces I have to bundle up in, the better!
Just wanted to express how sad I am to hear about the horrible travesty in the Philippines. I’m so sorry to everyone affected by the typhoon – you’re in my thoughts.

• Reply pretty little things November 12, 2013 at 2:53 pm

love this look on you — that sweater looks so cozy!!

• Reply Alissa November 12, 2013 at 3:17 pm

I have a heart sweater that I need to wear more! Thanks for the inspiration!

• Reply shesseasonallyinspired November 12, 2013 at 3:31 pm

adorable sweater! I fully get the need for cozy pullover as I to am always freezing it seems at this time of year xo

• Reply Courtney Erin November 12, 2013 at 3:42 pm

Sometimes quiet time at home and lots of extra sleep are just what you need! Love your sweater and jacket combo as well – it's a great look!

Courtney ~ Sartorial Sidelines

• Reply Olivia Law November 12, 2013 at 4:59 pm

You look beautiful, I love how simple this outfit is. We spent this weekend in Gastown – gorgeous! xo

• Reply Petra November 12, 2013 at 6:44 pm

This outfit look so pretty. The heart sweater is beautiful and I like the coat with the red sweater. Looks amazing my dear. Wish you a fabulous day.
    xo, Petra

• Reply Emma Finlayson November 12, 2013 at 6:47 pm

Beautiful look!
    xo Emma

• Reply Monika Faulkner November 12, 2013 at 7:15 pm

Red lips, red poppy, red bag…on the whole, a very "pop" -ey look!! 😉

• Reply Heidi November 12, 2013 at 7:17 pm

Love the two toned coat. xo Heidi

• Reply Kate November 12, 2013 at 8:21 pm

You look so cute! I love the heart sweater! And it sounds like we had almost the exact same weekend. It was super low key and I tackled some things around the house and slept in as late as I possibly could! Sometimes that's the best way to spend a weekend, especially when you feel like your body needs it! Glad you got caught up on some rest & relaxation! xo.

• Reply Sara Strauss {Sincerely, Sara} November 13, 2013 at 12:53 am

I heart your heart sweater! It's always nice to have a low-key weekend to do nothing and refresh!
    ~Sara
    Sincerely, Sara

• Reply Rockster1039 November 13, 2013 at 2:32 am

Hope you aren't coming down with anything! I hate sleeping in but it's certainly one of my vices. I just wish I didn't lose so much useful time sleeping.

• Reply Ashleigh Preston November 13, 2013 at 4:24 am

Great look! You really rock that coat!
    ~Ashleigh

• Reply Melanie Liliana November 13, 2013 at 3:32 pm

I'm not the greatest sleeper! Crazy insomniac over here! haha Glad you got some rest! I love this outfit btw.. the heart sweater is too cute!! xx

• Reply Christina Heflin November 13, 2013 at 3:59 pm

I love everything about this look, you styled it perfectly and that sweater is adorable!

• Reply Agnes in Wonderland November 15, 2013 at 5:33 am