Smashing Pumpkins

October 30, 2013
to vogue or bust, vancouver style blog, vancouver fashion blog, vancouver fashion, canadian fashion blog, fall style, fall fashion, alexandra grant, j.crew heels, j.crew embellished sweater, aritzia pants, old navy shirt, halloween style

Aritzia pants (similar), J.Crew sweater & heels, Old Navy shirt (similar),
ring c/o Social Experiment, Persol sunglasses c/o SmartBuyGlasses

As I mentioned earlier this week, this year I decided to take a liiiittle break from Halloween. It’s not that I entirely dislike the holiday, really. It’s just that after a couple years of less-than-amazing Halloweens, I decided that this year I’m just going to stay in and hand out candy to kids rather than spend money, time and energy on a costume (that more often than not gets destroyed somehow or another at a party, usually by some drunky spilling beer all over it).

I teamed up with The Luxe Life‘s Blogger Roll to style a look that still pays homage to the holiday (note the pumpkin, which has since been painted gold and used as decor) without having to “dress up” for Halloween. Chic menswear trousers, my favourite embellished sweater and a moto-detailed coat make up my very autumn-apropos look – a comfortable yet stylish combo to wear while handing out candy (and eating more than my fair share).

Stop by The Luxe Life to check out more snaps here!

Photography by Emaan

• Reply Kimberly October 30, 2013 at 4:47 pm

Absolutely perfect layering – love this look so much!!

• Reply Olivia Law October 30, 2013 at 5:01 pm

This is stunning – I love the sweater! What is your nail polish? xo

• Reply Carmen October 30, 2013 at 5:34 pm

Really lovely sweater and coat, such a great combination 🙂

• Reply Heather October 30, 2013 at 5:38 pm

yea we are having a laid back Halloween ourselves mostly b/c everyone we know is busy. Plus trying to save money. So we are staying in with some pumpkin ale and watching The Purge (since we haven't seen it yet). LOVE this whole look and your photos are beautiful. I want to steal your sweater off of you 😉

heather
    fashionistanygirl.com

• Reply Sue @ A Colourful Canvas October 30, 2013 at 6:10 pm

Wow! Very pretty sweater! I love, love, love it!

• Reply Joanna October 30, 2013 at 6:21 pm

Love this, perfect Autumn outfit!

• Reply Lisa October 30, 2013 at 6:24 pm

I'm just dressing up for the office party today and handing out candy to coworkers' kids.

It was nice bumping into you on Granville Island that day!

• Reply Annick October 30, 2013 at 6:46 pm

These are such beautiful pictures Alexandra! Love the lighting in these!

Also love that you've combined some navy and black in this look! And that sweater – it's absolutely stunning!

Bold Subtlety

• Reply Brooke Reagan October 30, 2013 at 7:06 pm

I've debated taking a break from Halloween too : / I've had a miserable time fighting the crowds at college parties the last three years… My friends and I are going to do something more casual this year to celebrate!

Brooke du jour

• Reply Romina Suarez October 30, 2013 at 8:16 pm

Nos encanta el jersey Nosotras también tenemos un blog si te apetece pásate y si te gusta no dudes en seguirnos
    amigasyresidentesenstylestation.blogspot.com

• Reply JennaStevie October 30, 2013 at 11:25 pm

This sweater is AMAZING, I think I saw someone wearing it in black the other day. Love the way you layered it and this two tone jacket is so lovely.
    One of my best friends is having a small party and it's going to be low key and wonderful, definitely my type of get together these days 🙂

• Reply Veronica F October 31, 2013 at 3:11 am

Awesome sweater! LOVE your style!
    Check out my blog when you get a chance, maybe we could follow each other? 😉

xoxo
    Veronica

Deal Diary

• Reply Sarah Lynn October 31, 2013 at 4:45 am

Love seeing this sweater again!
    Can't wait to see what you pair it with next time, my fall favorite of yours 🙂

• Reply Mounette October 31, 2013 at 1:14 pm

you are very chic and beautifull!
    PLease don't forgot to visit me, you miss me :/
    kiss