Style

Sleepy Hollow

October 25, 2013
to vogue or bust, vancouver style blog, vancouver fashion blog, vancouver fashion, canadian fashion blog, fall style, classic chic, roots canada bag, free people sweater coat, h&m shirt, james jeans skinnies, zara booties, brooklyn designs necklaces

Jeans c/o James Jeans, Zara booties, H&M shirt, bag c/o Roots Canada,
necklaces c/o Brooklyn Designs Jewelry, jacket c/o Free People

If you haven’t seen Free People’s latest Tokyo style-inspired catalog, please do yourself a favour and check it out. The label never fails to disappoint with their lookbooks and this one is especially beautiful! I immediately fell in love with this slouchy sweater jacket from their outerwear selection  from the line – so comfy, classic and chic. Can already tell it’s going to be a fall/winter staple this season.
The fog’s still been hanging thickly around Vancouver so I definitely had to bundle up in this very autumnal, layered look – as soon as it sets in, it becomes freeeeezing! Layered necklaces by Brooklyn Designs (including this stunning new mid-length piece from Brooke’s fall line!) definitely help elevate an otherwise casual look.
Speaking of casual, I’ve decided I’m likely just going to skip out on Halloween this year…I can’t come up with a costume and in all honesty, as lame as this makes me sound, I’m starting to think I’m past my house party years. That and (now this is really going to make me sound old) I can’t do back-to-back nights out anymore. I’m just too damn oooooold!!! Since I’ll likely be under the weather on Saturday as a result of plans tonight, I’m actually really looking forward to a Saturday in with my friends, carving pumpkins and eating candies. What about you guys? Any exciting Halloween celebrations?

• Reply Emma Finlayson October 25, 2013 at 1:26 pm

That coat rocks!
    xo Emma

• Reply JennaStevie October 25, 2013 at 1:42 pm

I hear ya, I definitely can't do back to back nights out anymore, my hangover last weekend from 1 night lasted 2 and a half days!!
    This is such a wonderful fall look, I am obsessed with this jacket. It looks incredibly cozy! And your necklaces are the perfect accessories 🙂

• Reply MrsJPruitt October 25, 2013 at 1:44 pm

Girl, I'm right there with you about a) skipping out on halloween this year and b) not being able to do back to back nights out. But, to be completely honest, I'm 100% okay with it. I had some FUN times but I'm loving nights in more and more.

• Reply Petra October 25, 2013 at 1:49 pm

Ow that is wonderful. Gorgeous outfit my dear.
    Happy friday and I wish you a wonderful weekend. Enjoy it.
    xo, Petra

• Reply Kate October 25, 2013 at 2:17 pm

That jacket looks SO cozy! I love it! And I think I'm feeling the same this year in regards to Halloween – I'm just not feeling it, and there's a band playing Saturday night that I think I'd rather go see than waste money on a costume! Haha, and I feel you, I can't do back to back nights anymore either! What happened?! Also, at first I read that you were going to stay home and eat candles. Candies makes a lot more sense. 😉

• Reply Naghmeh October 25, 2013 at 2:46 pm

oh these photos are beautiful and just look so cozy, makes me want to grab and coffee and just snuggle. Those boots are gorgeous!
    I'm still doing halloween this year and hoping it'll be fun! but your plans sound fun too, you don't have to party to have fun 🙂
    xo

• Reply Melanie Liliana October 25, 2013 at 2:48 pm

I am obsessed with that jacket! Also I'm totally with you on the Halloween thing, I just don't have the effort to think of something creative and I'm so over the house parties too.. Maybe I'm just getting old! I'll be hanging out with a friend I haven't seen in a while!! Also, you make even the crappiest of weather look amazing!! I love these shots 🙂

• Reply Lauren Jamison October 25, 2013 at 3:24 pm

OMG I LOVE that sweater jacket!!

• Reply Olivia Law October 25, 2013 at 3:40 pm

That jacket is gorgeous, it looks so soft! These are really beautiful photos xo

• Reply Tessa and Scarlett October 25, 2013 at 11:20 pm

That jacket looks super cozy! I'm not doing anything for Halloween (I don't even know what to do), but carving pumpkins and eating candies with friends sounds fun!

tessaandscarlett.blogspot.com

• Reply Adventures in Fashion October 26, 2013 at 12:07 am

These photos are so dreamy… Have a great weekend, sugar! xx

• Reply Hannah Sutherst October 27, 2013 at 2:52 pm

Those boots are absolutely b e a u t i f u l. I am in love.

• Reply Rosa October 27, 2013 at 3:05 pm

I get ya on the house party thing. But I am old (is 43 very old?) lol. Love the boots!

• Reply Carmen October 27, 2013 at 7:54 pm

Really great pics, I love your coat 🙂

• Reply Tessa and Scarlett October 27, 2013 at 8:14 pm

Your jacket is amazing! And all the colours of your outfit are perfect for fall