So Fresh and So Clean

September 18, 2013
to vogue or bust, vancouver style blog, vancouver fashion blog, vancouver fashion, canadian fashion blog, alexandra grant, zara dress, oak and fort coat, sole society heels, phillip lim for target bag, h&m rings, fall blogger style

Heels c/o Sole Society, dress c/o Zara Canada, Oak + Fort coat,
Phillip Lim for Target bag c/o Target Canada

This Oak + Fort coat is so simple, so classic, so clean…all in all, so perfect. As much as I’ve always been a colour person, lately all I’ve been drawn to are staple pieces in tried-and-true neutrals…think grey, black, cream, navy, etc. It’s a brand new, completely unexplored love affair with classic hues that I never thought I’d really have ever plunged into.
Though I’ve always believed in investing in classics, I feel like this past year has involved one too many closet purges in which I either unloaded half of my stuff at Salvation Army or ended up having to sell most of it. It’s good to lighten up your wardrobe a bit obviously but it does seem a bit sad that so many of my pieces aren’t really appealing to me past one year.
That’s why this fall more than ever, the beauty of a really classically cut coat or a perfect black pump exert more pull on me than ever. I’ve got some exciting news coming up about one of my favourite shopping destinations in the city and I can already promise that you’ll be seeing a lot more of these classic finds stemming from that locale – stay tuned! And in the meantime, I’m curious…what are your timeless staples that you like to invest in?

• Reply Shandrese/ Natalia September 18, 2013 at 1:34 pm

love this outfit! very chic!

• Reply Courtney Erin September 18, 2013 at 2:07 pm

I've been crushing on a similarly cut coat at Zara – it's top on my list of fall investments. Yours is stunning!

Courtney ~ Sartorial Sidelines

• Reply Mounette September 18, 2013 at 2:28 pm

This dress is so beautifull, I like the blue, I want shoes like this
    Kiss
    Aurélie

Please vote for me if you want:

• Reply Sara Strauss {Sincerely, Sara} September 18, 2013 at 2:36 pm

You look so classically chic!
    ~Sara

• Reply Emma Finlayson September 18, 2013 at 2:44 pm

Stunning look! Love the coat!
    xo Emma
    *Skinny Sweats Giveaway on the blog!!!

• Reply Valerie September 18, 2013 at 3:32 pm

ahhh i wish i had gotten that bag as well! it looks so classic paired with your ensemble. love the colorblock pattern on the dress!

xo, Lily on Fillmore

• Reply Hannah September 18, 2013 at 3:45 pm

Beautiful dress and loving your Phillip Lim! Waiting on mine (impatiently).

Champagne Lifestyle on a Beer Budget

• Reply Emma September 18, 2013 at 4:21 pm

Great jacket!
    emmastyleguide.blogspot.com

• Reply Annick September 18, 2013 at 4:50 pm

Gorgeous coat! This fall, I've invested in a pair of booties, and hopefully, a leather coat as well as a wool coat. It's going to be an expensive fall!

Bold Subtlety

• Reply Melanie Liliana September 18, 2013 at 4:54 pm

I love that jacket! and love your Phillip Lim! I didn't get my hands on that one unfortunately! x

iambornlippy.blogspot.ca

• Reply Megan Maddison September 18, 2013 at 5:30 pm

I have a coat very similar to this one from Oak & Fort. Love mine and love I classic they look.

Megan
    budgetfashion101.blogspot.ca

• Reply Megan Maddison September 18, 2013 at 5:30 pm

Megan
    budgetfashion101.blogspot.ca

• Reply cleartheway September 19, 2013 at 12:37 am

I have yet to invest in a timeless coat but I have a feeling that this year is the year! I love this whole look. You look gorgeous and polished. (I found you while searching new blogs on Bloglovin!)

Kate from Clear the Way

• Reply Rosalia Marie September 19, 2013 at 1:00 am

Such a chic outfit! I love the pop of color with the blue! 🙂

Rosalia
    Style-love.blogspot.com

• Reply Adventures in Fashion September 19, 2013 at 5:08 pm

Lol, I totally forgot I had this dress — thanks for the reminder, sweets! You styled it perfectly 🙂

• Reply Marissa at Style Cusp September 19, 2013 at 7:31 pm

I think this is one of my favorites on you! so classy + the cobalt is killer. xo

• Reply Sarah @ CoopersCloset September 20, 2013 at 2:11 am

Love the dress, I think it could work for so many occasions. Recently, I have also been wanting to focus on staples and a new coat might just be in my future!

• Reply Naomi September 20, 2013 at 3:45 am

Wowza I love this coat and dress combo!!

xoxo