Granville Island

August 26, 2013
to vogue or bust, vancouver fashion blog, vancouver fashion, vancouver style blog, alexandra grant, canadian fashion blogger, granville island market, left on houston sweater, old navy shorts, tieks flats, massimo dutti bag, farmer's market

Flats c/o Tieks, Old Navy shorts, bag c/o Massimo Dutti,
sweater c/o Left on Houston, bracelet c/o Poshlocket

One of my favourite places in the city is undoubtedly Granville Island. It’s just such a happy place: so many amazing nooks and crannies, incredible arts and crafts, one of the best markets in town and some great dining. Also, it couldn’t be more picturesque. Matt and I come every weekend to get produce for the week, pick up some flowers and get a Lee’s donut (I’m old-fashioned strawberry, he’s marble…always).
I’ve actually been fighting off what feels like a bit of a flu or fever (honestly I hardly know the difference between them which is why I should never have children) for the past 5 days or so even though these shots were snapped when I was going through a series of hot flashes and cold chills, I was still completely dedicated to following through with our weekend ritual. It also helps that I was kept cozy in what will definitely be one of my go-to fall transition pieces: this lovely new Left on Houston sweater! I always love this Vancouver label’s stunning selection of sweaters and now that I’ve gotten a peek at what’s to come for fall, I can guarantee they won’t disappoint for the cold season this year. With shorts, flats and a bag big enough to store all our produce and miscellaneous buys on the way home, it was the perfect thing for a day at the market.
What’s your favourite place in your city?

• Reply RoselyC August 26, 2013 at 1:10 pm

Beautiful pictures. I hope you get well soon, being sick sucks.

• Reply Naomi August 26, 2013 at 1:29 pm

Love your bag!

The Occasional Indulgence

• Reply Heather August 26, 2013 at 1:54 pm

Really love that orange/red color on you.

PS I hope you feel better!!!

heather
    fashionistanygirl.com

• Reply Emma August 26, 2013 at 3:52 pm

Pretty flowers! I love the neon coral color
    emmastyleguide.blogspot.com

• Reply JennaStevie August 26, 2013 at 4:05 pm

This sweater is the perfect transition piece for sure! Hopefully you start to feel better soon 🙂 Granville is always on my list of to-do's when I'm in Vancouver, the fresh produce is so wonderful. And i love the tea spot there!

• Reply shesseasonallyinspired August 26, 2013 at 4:18 pm

I love going for walks around stanely park! I'm a bit of a nerd but I love beach glass hunting so whenever my boyfriend and I take our little four legged monster for a walk there i have to stop and look for beach glass. hope you feel better soon!

• Reply Nikki August 26, 2013 at 6:36 pm

Aw, I hope you feel better soon! These photos are lovely and I made sure to note that I visit Granville if I ever get to be in Vancouver. Love your outfit too, it's perfect for weekend shopping! xo

• Reply Marie-Eve August 27, 2013 at 1:29 am

Looks like a great place ! Love the outfit ! That color is so pretty on you !
    My Blog – A Pretty Nest

• Reply Hattitude August 27, 2013 at 3:01 am

Hattitude Style Blog

looove granville island!

favourite place in my city is called "covenant market" full of fresh vendors and very similar feel to Granville island!

talk soon wild child
    -Hattie
    Hattitude Style Blog

• Reply veronika girlandcloset August 27, 2013 at 3:33 am

Alex, you look gorgeous. And sorry to hear you've been fighting off the flu. I've in bed with it for the past few days and it's just been awful. Plus, thank you for the necklace insta today. Totally brightened my day lovey!!

xo
    By The Shore

• Reply sweet harvest moon August 27, 2013 at 9:58 am

Absolutely love it there!

Feel better soon x

• Reply Petite Adventures September 6, 2013 at 7:34 pm

Great photos! Granville Island is one of the many places I miss now that I'm not living in Vancouver.

Kate xo petite-adventures.blogspot.ca