Sweater Weather

May 27, 2013
Fashion and style blogger Alexandra Grant; To Vogue or Bust; Aritzia Talula shorts, Left on Houston sweater, vintage clutch, NARS matte lip liner in Red Square, H&M heels

Sweater c/o Left on Houston, Talula shorts, H&M heels, vintage clutch,
rings c/o lia sophia & Brooklyn Designs, NARS lip liner in Red Square

A blogger’s life is effectively dictated by the weather. It determines everything: what to wear, when to shoot, how often you can post, what trends to hone in on. Prior to blogging, once a week I would maybe take a quick glance over the forecast to know whether or not I should purchase an umbrella again (I lose umbrellas on a biweekly basis), but since beginning this lil’ old blog three years ago, it’s become a full-blown, check-at-least-once-a-day obsession.
Because the weather’s decided to really completely bounce around this coming week, transitional looks like this one are an absolute must. I always love me a slouchy sweater but when paired with shorts, it really gives the otherwise comfy look a bit of edge and femininity.
In other news, I’m going to Portland in just under two weeks!!! So excited. I’ve never been before, so if you have any recommendations, definitely leave them in the comments!

• Reply Joana May 27, 2013 at 12:59 pm

I love this look, feels very transitional. Hope you have fun in Portland, it's always been somewhere I've wanted to visit but haven't managed to yet.

xo Joana
    Grow In Fashion

• Reply JennaStevie May 27, 2013 at 1:39 pm

I have always been obsessed with checking and knowing the weather, but it's totally a must now for blogging. I absolutely love this transition look, that sweater looks sooo comfy with the shorts.
    Thats so exciting you're going to Portland!

• Reply Naomi May 27, 2013 at 3:48 pm

I know! I seriously check the weather on a continuous basis from my phone. It's a bit excessive and I still leave my home without a jacket when I need one 😛

The Occasional Indulgence

• Reply Melanie Liliana May 27, 2013 at 4:02 pm

Totally know how you feel with constantly checking the weather! Alberta weather is so crazy.. it could be 25 one day and be snowing the next. I love this sweater on you with the shorts! Thats awesome you're going to Portland soon! I'm going to Vancouver soon (you'll have to give me some suggestions!) and Seattle!

iambornlippy.blogspot.ca

• Reply Prairie Girl in the City May 27, 2013 at 4:36 pm

You must go to Voodoo Doughnuts. There's always a long line up, but it will be worth the wait:) I had the restaurant,Beast, recommended to me, but you have to make reservations in advance so we couldn't get in. If you wanna try it, book now:) I also loved the weekend flea market. It's huge and a fun way to spend an afternoon. For a different dinner plan, try one of the Livingroom Theatre's. You get to watch a movie in big comfy chairs while eating yummy foods and having cocktails. K, I think that's all my Portland advice;)

Jen

• Reply Faith May 27, 2013 at 5:22 pm

Haha, I've been stalking the weather the last few days. It has been so unpredictable.

Loving your outfit!

• Reply Heidi May 27, 2013 at 7:37 pm

I am in love with the sweater short heels combo. So perfect! xo Heidi

• Reply Candida Maceo May 28, 2013 at 12:26 am

I am so with you on the weather tip. Being that I actually live in the bipolar weather city of Portland – what brings you to town? – I have constant anxiety trying to figure out when I can shoot. It can be exhausting, especially when the forecast reads rain for 5 days straight (and it will rain for an ENTIRE day).
    Love the slouchy sweater and those shorts – great combo!

Candida
    Merch Maven

• Reply Emma Finlayson May 28, 2013 at 1:39 am

Love the look. The vintage clutch is fantastic!

xo from Toronto! Emma

• Reply Marisa May 28, 2013 at 4:43 am

I can completely relate to you on obsessively checking the weather. I do it all the time, especially because I have to book ahead of time with my photographer since we don't live together! This is a great transitional look. I love the look of a winter-y chunky knit paired with summer shorts. And I'm going to Portland too! Next weekend though. Definitely check out NW 23rd Ave; there are so many cute shops and restaurants – you must try the ice cream at Salt and Straw.

Marisa

• Reply sweet harvest moon May 28, 2013 at 10:30 am

I'm loving your sweater!

Have a great time in Portland!

• Reply Marie-Eve May 28, 2013 at 12:23 pm

So chic ! Perfect for those not quite warm days that we're currently having !

• Reply Carmen May 28, 2013 at 8:09 pm

Looks like such a cosy outfit, really well combined 🙂

• Reply Oriana White May 29, 2013 at 12:25 am

A great place to go in Portland is Powell's City of Books…it occupies an entire city block and has tons of unusual titles.

• Reply sp calvin October 14, 2015 at 6:54 am

The manner where these numerous people held the land ended up being named 'tenure" from your Latina teneo, "I maintain". Those having the land ended up being termed as the renter and also the person via which this individual held the item and also to which this individual supposed to be paid nokia's in exchange ended up being named our creator.http://www.mordocrosswords.com/2015/07/excellent-in-dated-slang.html