Just a Touch of Sparkle

May 24, 2013

H&M T-shirt, necklace c/o J.Crew, jeans c/o Gap Canada
ring c/o Pandoraheels c/o Joe Fresh, bag c/o Mary Nichols

This is probably my favourite type of look: super, super, super casual but with a little twist (in this case, that neck bling from J.Crew – LOVE). Comfort is always the paramount factor in terms of whether or not I love a look so this casual, classic look is definitely right up my alley. The necklace elevates it just enough though and saves it from being completely and utterly boring!
Do you know what’s dangerous and should be avoided at all costs? TLC. I legitimately watched five hours of Say Yes to the Dress last night and then capped it off with stupid Long Island Medium. I don’t…know why. Just hours of my life I’ll never get back, and I don’t even really like either of them. It was just like this sick vortex that I couldn’t escape. Anyone have any tactics for evading that irresistible, brain-numbing reality TV? It’s a killer, I tell you.

• Reply Tinacious Me May 24, 2013 at 12:54 pm

The perfect look! I am loving the necklace!

• Reply Girl Lilikoi May 24, 2013 at 1:20 pm

I love the necklace, I agree comfort is important, and this necklace just jazz up the whole outfit. A casual chic indeed. Love it babe

• Reply Courtney Erin May 24, 2013 at 1:26 pm

I just adore this – such a perfect look and that necklace is sooooo pretty!

Courtney ~ http://sartorialsidelines.com

• Reply Alissa May 24, 2013 at 1:30 pm

Oh my gosh. That necklace! DIE! So gorgeous.

• Reply Annick May 24, 2013 at 1:37 pm

This is my favorite type of look as well! Casual with a bit of glam AKA, that gorgeous J Crew necklace! I love those shoes as well!

Bold Subtlety

• Reply Kate May 24, 2013 at 1:59 pm

Bahaha, watching ridiculous amounts of Say Yes to the Dress is my Friday night routine. I seriously do this most weeks. Best done with a glass of wine in hand in yoga pants. I'm loving this casual look with a hint of glam! That necklace is a stunner!

• Reply Joana May 24, 2013 at 2:00 pm

Aww, you look gorgeous Alexandra. The necklace fits this outfit perfectly but also stands out amazingly.

• Reply Heather May 24, 2013 at 2:18 pm

Nothing like wearing the basics with some bling! LOVE the necklace. You sound like me I LOVE Say Yes to the Dress. I make my more fiance sit throw it with me. I too got sucked into the Long Island Medium marathons. I watched it for HOURS on Mothers Day, my fiance was like okay can I change the channel now?! LOL

heather
    fashionistanygirl.com

• Reply Christina Heflin May 24, 2013 at 2:40 pm

I love this look! It's so simple but that gorgeous necklace adds the perfect pop of sparkle and elegance.

• Reply Naomi May 24, 2013 at 3:16 pm

Haha I could watch Say Yes on Netflix for hours and I'm already married!

The Occasional Indulgence

• Reply shesseasonallyinspired May 24, 2013 at 3:46 pm

First off love that look and the necklace is amazing!! I'm in need of a statement necklace like that! secondly I don't think a bit of mind numbing tv is a bad thing sometimes. it helps me recharge and shut off from the world if i get over stressed but i totally get the whole feeling like you've wasted hours of your life. my solution to that is I've taken up Knitting! that way i can work on a project while shut off and still feel like Ive accomplished something!

• Reply JennaStevie May 24, 2013 at 3:49 pm

This is an amazing casual look, love it!! That necklace is AH-MAZING. Emphasis needed. I'm not usually one for big bling like that, but I need something like that in my life asap!
    TLC is my guilty pleasure, especially what not to wear. I do enjoy me some say yes to the dress, mostly because it's so ridiculous. Post surgery I had an awesome routine every morning of watching a couple hours of each, good times.

• Reply Melanie Liliana May 24, 2013 at 4:11 pm

I love the casual look with the hint of bling! That necklace is just amazing!! and TLC gets me everytime! love it haha

• Reply Sara Strauss {Sincerely, Sara} May 24, 2013 at 4:32 pm

That necklace is amazing! So pretty!
    ~Sara

• Reply readmedear.com May 24, 2013 at 7:19 pm

I love those booties! So versatile.

• Reply Emma May 24, 2013 at 8:03 pm

Such a pretty necklace!
    emmastyleguide.blogspot.com

• Reply Marisa May 24, 2013 at 10:33 pm

Love this simple, chic look, Alex! Lately I've been drawn to how effortless basics are and you wear it so well here. That necklace is crazy gorgeous and I hear you about the reality shows. Sometimes the best thing is to just not turn on the TV in the first place. What makes me even more sad is that TLC actually used to be about learning!

Marisa

• Reply virtualme May 25, 2013 at 12:34 am

I am not a fan of TV at all and rarely watch except that I am addicted to House Hunters on. HGTV. I love that show! Well, that and Suits on USA Network. Love your outfit today. I live in outfits like this but I really like the way you kicked it up a notch with that statement necklace. Enjoy the long weekend!

• Reply veronika girlandcloset May 25, 2013 at 12:40 am

Me too, love looks like these. It's those unexpected touches that get me every time – just stunning!! And speaking of stunning? Your photos just keep getting more & more beautiful. Happy weekend, lovey! xo

• Reply RoselyC May 25, 2013 at 1:38 am

I know what you mean I am guilty of spending several hours watching TLC too.

• Reply Faith May 25, 2013 at 2:44 am

How fabulous are you! I really love this look!

• Reply Rebecca Jane May 25, 2013 at 4:17 am

Always love the juxtaposition of a glittery necklace with a simple look, and you're doing it perfectly here!

• Reply Oriana White May 25, 2013 at 11:19 pm

Very cute, casual look! Love the way you put outfits together, they always inspire me when I am having blah days.

I can't help but notice how much you like Joe Fresh, and I was curious about how you felt about their involvement (along with many other brands, sadly) in the Rana Plaza collapse in Bangladesh?
    If you don't want to answer, I understand. It's a touchy subject.

-O