Stripes on Tracks

April 29, 2013
Vancouver fashion and style blogger Alexandra of To Vogue or Bust wears a striped H&M top, H&M skirt, Roots Canada Art Deco Little Brooklyn bag, Tieks Unmellow Yellow ballet flats, Poshllocket necklace.

H&M top & skirt, flats c/o Tieks, necklace c/o Poshlocket, bag c/o Roots Canada

Black and white and a little bit striped…with just a hint of neon! I actually wasn’t intending to work these flats into this outfit at all but as I was about to step out the door in my favourite new pair of black heels, it all just felt a little too classic. While any of you who have read my blog for awhile know I definitely lean more towards the classic side of things, I still feel like there always needs to be that little jolt of the unexpected to really make a look feel whole.
Speaking of the unexpected, this might be the most shit-fashion-girls-say type of thing to say, but I think I am officially/definitely going short (hair-wise, that is). After soliciting advice/opinions from everyone for about a month or so (thanks for putting up with me for those of you who follow me on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook), I feel like I’m finally comfortable enough to go there. As decisive as I can be in some aspects of my life, I’ve had so many horrendous experiences hair-wise that I really have some huge fears when it comes to mixing up things with the mane.
What was the bravest or most unexpected thing you’ve ever done appearance-wise?

• Reply pretty little things April 29, 2013 at 12:46 pm

love the neon flats with the b&w outfit — just perfect! xo

• Reply Carmen April 29, 2013 at 12:50 pm

What a lovely outfit! This bag is just too pretty 🙂

• Reply Alissa April 29, 2013 at 12:52 pm

Oh my gosh I love the surprise of neon in the outfit from the shoes! So cute!

• Reply lesliescloset.ca April 29, 2013 at 1:34 pm

Short hair is super brave!!!! I'm approaching my mid-thirties and still have yet to make that plunge. I love your outfit – I've been seeing the black/white/stripes/pop of neon look in a few places and the more I see it, the more I like it. Gorgeous!!!

• Reply Heather April 29, 2013 at 1:39 pm

LOVE the pop of neon with the black and white outfit. There is nothing chicer then a striped top and a black skirt.

OOO go shorter!! I miss my bob!! I'm planning after my wedding (which is in a year) of going back to a bob. But I think for the summer I'm going to chop it to my shoulders. I really forgot how much work having long hair is…

heather
    fashionistanygirl.com

• Reply Kimberly April 29, 2013 at 2:31 pm

Yay for short hair – I just cut a couple of inches off mine and I love it…it's so freeing & "light"! Love this striped top + full skirt combo – thanks for reminding me I'm long overdue for a train track shoot 🙂

• Reply Naomi April 29, 2013 at 2:48 pm

It's a gorgeous look!

The Occasional Indulgence

• Reply Asher April 29, 2013 at 3:19 pm

You look gorgeous!!!!!! Love this outfit 🙂

• Reply sweet harvest moon April 29, 2013 at 3:23 pm

Beautiful bag! I miss shopping at Roots 🙁

• Reply Christina Heflin April 29, 2013 at 3:37 pm

Love this look, especially the bag and shoes!

• Reply RoselyC April 29, 2013 at 3:52 pm

I got my hair cut shorter than what I was used to. Now I feel like trying long hair, so I'm growing it out.

• Reply Shannon Hearts April 29, 2013 at 4:05 pm

Love the pop of neon.

• Reply Bree TheUrbanUmbrella April 29, 2013 at 4:18 pm

Such a beautiful look! Love the fabulous neon shoes, you look adorable! <3

• Reply JennaStevie April 29, 2013 at 4:32 pm

I am so excited to see your hair when you cut it, go team short hair! Honestly since I cut my hair i would never go back, i had 2 weeks of hating it but now I absolutely love everything about shorter hair.
    I love this classic look, the striped top is so perfect and the pop of neon with those flats is the perfect twist!!

• Reply shopandtwirl.com April 29, 2013 at 5:15 pm

I love this outfit! The neon flats are super cute! And I can't wait to see your haircut! My hair was long and blonde before I chopped it off and went brown…best decision I ever made!

• Reply Annick April 29, 2013 at 5:27 pm

Short hair would totally suit you! I cut my hair (last November) that was past my boobs to a shoulder length long bob and LOVED it. Best thing I ever did. My hair was healthier and it was less time consuming. And I didn't regret it for once second. Do it – it's totally worth it!

Love the neon addition to your outfit – and your bright lipstick!

Bold Subtlety

• Reply Gabriele April 29, 2013 at 6:07 pm

love the black and white top and outfit. very nice. 🙂

• Reply Heidi April 29, 2013 at 7:10 pm

You just inspired my outfit for tomorrow xo Heidi http://fabricandfrosting.blogspot.no/

• Reply Stefani April 29, 2013 at 10:04 pm

Love the pop of neon in b&w outfit! Can't wait to see you with short hair!

• Reply Emma April 29, 2013 at 10:21 pm

wow the neon shoes really add the perfect touch!

emmastyleguide.blogspot.com

• Reply Marie-Eve April 29, 2013 at 10:52 pm

Such a cute outfit ! I love b&W !
    My Blog – A Pretty Nest

• Reply Sara Strauss {Sincerely, Sara} April 29, 2013 at 10:54 pm

Yes to black and white and neon! Wore something similar recently! For spring, I definitely agree that neon gives black and white a little jolt!

Good luck with the hair cut! Can't wait to see it!
    ~Sara

• Reply Andrea Kaplan April 29, 2013 at 11:05 pm

love the pop of color!

xo Andrea

• Reply WestmountFashionista April 29, 2013 at 11:09 pm

I love the unexpected pop of color from the neon and that bag is amazing!
    Jessica

• Reply Natalie April 29, 2013 at 11:13 pm

I once went from really long hair to a pixie cut! That was definitely the most daring thing I've ever done. And the time I tried black lipstick (hint: don't do it). I think you'll look really great with shorter hair, though I do love your long hair! It's so voluminous and healthy looking!
    I like your outfit a lot, I'm glad you opted for the neon shoes since they add such a fun touch!

• Reply Kate April 30, 2013 at 1:43 am

You look SO gorgeous in this post, Alex!! I love the classic outfit – this definitely feels like something I would wear! And I'm loving this lip color on you! Can't wait to see your shorter 'do when you decide to take the plunge!!

• Reply Candida Maceo April 30, 2013 at 3:53 am

First off, Babe Alert!!! You look gorgeous, girl. Excited to see what you have in store for the new-do. The bravest thing I've ever done hair wise…super short bob in front, with a super short graduated cut in the back, and blonde…FTW! I still can't even believe it when I look at old pics. But I wore it like that for like 4 years.

Candida
    Merch Maven

• Reply shesseasonallyinspired April 30, 2013 at 5:04 am

I'm not one to go super crazy with drastic new looks but I did chop of 10" off my hair once! and ps i love those neon shoes!

• Reply Neshel G April 30, 2013 at 5:16 am

Great choice on the neon…they really added punch to your already chic outfit!

And depending on how short you're going to cut, might I suggest you think about donating your hair to Locks of Love – they provide wigs for children who suffer from medical hair loss. I donated 13 inches of hair last July! =)

Cheers,
    ~N
    Wardrobe on Wheels

• Reply Marisa April 30, 2013 at 6:11 am

I love the hint of neon in your flats and I think that this chartreuse colour really complements black and white. Also, I am excited that you've decided to go shorter! I think you'll look extra chic with a shorter 'do like a long bob.

Marisa

• Reply A Fine Balance April 30, 2013 at 12:10 pm

I am loving the pop of neon! Your pictures have turned out beautifully.

• Reply Sree April 30, 2013 at 9:47 pm

Hey I am a Alltop fashion blog member just like you. Your blog looks awesome … i love it. I am following you know. Hope you will follow back. Checkout my latest post at http://ithinkiloveit2.blogspot.com

xoxo
    Sree

• Reply Amanda May 1, 2013 at 11:25 am

Oh this look is so gorgeous… And u look stunning ; )

• Reply Rachel Lynne May 2, 2013 at 7:02 pm

This is so gorgeous! Love your skater skirt!

• Reply mirta schievano May 3, 2013 at 4:12 pm

Nice outfit 🙂 I love your bag, it's so cool !!!

besos Mirta and Elle

• Reply Arsh May 9, 2013 at 8:00 pm

Love that pop of color, the neon shoes do stand out! Very cute.
    mm… I think look wise, very very short hair has been the most unexpected thing I've done. Still hasn't dared to go blonde though, and I don't think I ever have the courage to do so!