Kick It Into High Gear

April 19, 2013

H&M tank, bag & heels, Twenty8Twelve leather jacket,
necklace c/o lia sophia, jeans c/o James Jeans

Are these James Jeans skinnies not the coolest?! LOVE the cool detailing on them. This is already common sense I’m sure, but whenever there’s a standout piece like this, other styling can really just be left to a minimum…just a simple tank, jacket and accessories.
If it looks like I’m hardly able to walk here, it’s because a group of us at Obakki have been doing a four-day-a-week bootcamp challenge and I’m dying! I’ve always been an athletic type and weightlifting has always been a big part of my routine, but this is beyond…all I know is whatever we’re doing, it’s definitely having an effect on me because I’m effectively immobile! I’m all about sustainability when it comes to exercise and nutrition but doing a bootcamp like this is such a great way of revamping your routine and when done with friends/work, a great way to team build! And I also have a feeling that come next week, we’ll be even more set to tackle our next four days of workouts…it’s always that first week into a routine that’s the hardest.
Just one little update: I’ve been following the story in Boston all morning and I just want to send all my thoughts and prayers to everyone in the city – I can’t imagine what it might be like to have to deal with all of this right now and I hope any of you or anyone you know in the city is safe and sound at home.

• Reply Kimberly April 19, 2013 at 12:43 pm

Such an interesting detail on those pants and I am in love with your black heels! Have a great weekend 🙂

• Reply Emma April 19, 2013 at 1:05 pm

I'm in love with the detailing on the pants, it makes them really unique and stand out.

emmastyleguide.blogspot.com

• Reply lamariposablog.com April 19, 2013 at 1:23 pm

Very unique and gorgeous pants and those sandals are meant to be worn with them- looks great! Love the combo with royal blue as well! 🙂 Gorgeous!

-Rach

• Reply Naghmeh April 19, 2013 at 1:37 pm

oooh that bootcamp sounds sooo good! hope the pain is gone soon though I'm doing the squat challenge and I'm dying my thighs are killing me but it'll be worth it.
    Those jeans are so so cool, love the detailing and love the shoes too, can't believe they're from H&M.
    xo

• Reply Courtney Erin April 19, 2013 at 2:04 pm

I always wanted to a bootcamp (it would so kick my ass but I think it would be fun). And those jeans are really great, I also really love the detailing.

Courtney ~ http://sartorialsidelines.com

• Reply JennaStevie April 19, 2013 at 3:19 pm

These pants are so amazing!!! I need some like this so badly, the detailing on them is perfect. And you look amazing in this blue shade.
    I think I may have to try a bootcamp just to shake things up a bit!

• Reply Sara Strauss {Sincerely, Sara} April 19, 2013 at 4:24 pm

Those pants are awesome! Love the black and white contrast! Good luck with the bootcamp!
    ~Sara

• Reply Christina Heflin April 19, 2013 at 4:25 pm

I LOVE everything about this look!The jeans are killer and so are the shoes, the pop of cobalt looks great with them!

I am hosting a link up on my blog today and I would love for you to check it out and link up your favorite post!

• Reply Annick April 19, 2013 at 4:29 pm

What unique pants those are! And love the pumps too!

I remember the days when I just started taking boxing and being a semi-athletic type, I felt like I did pretty good the first class. Next day was the most painful of … probably my life! Seriously, I couldn't walk, or open door. My body eventually got used to it but that was pain like I never felt before!

Bold Subtlety

• Reply Shannon Hearts April 19, 2013 at 4:59 pm

Your pants are very cool. They look great on you and you've styled them perfectly.

• Reply Andrea Kaplan April 19, 2013 at 5:28 pm

loving the relaxed leather jacket and pop of blue

xo Andrea

• Reply Stefani April 19, 2013 at 6:23 pm

Those pants are so cool,love how you styled them 🙂 The heels are great too!

• Reply Naomi April 20, 2013 at 3:29 am

What?! Those pants are fabulous!!

The Occasional Indulgence

• Reply janeysoutfits April 20, 2013 at 9:35 am

I do love the combination of the cream and blue with leather accents and the pattern instantly grabs your attention. However, I like the print on the sides of the pants and not in the front but it is interesting indeed!

Janey

• Reply amuseume April 20, 2013 at 6:39 pm

Wow, those jeans are hypnotic! Something edgy like that definitely requires some leather so your whole ensemble is perfect! Wish I could say the same about being athletic and active… but that would be a lie. Vancouver looks so beautiful in the spring time, I definitely miss it!

-Laina

• Reply perfumehk April 21, 2013 at 4:01 am

You so pretty and stylish. lovely outfit and amazing pics.
    Parfum pas cher

• Reply danni April 21, 2013 at 2:12 pm

those jeans are amazing! love the combo with the cobalt blue top and pink lip colour.

xo danni

• Reply Mounette April 22, 2013 at 11:25 am

very funny pant, I love it! Really great on yours legs
    Kiss
    Aurélie

• Reply Kristina April 24, 2013 at 2:18 am

The detailing on those pants is amazing!! Loving that you paired them with bright blue.

Kristina does the Internets

• Reply Oriana White April 24, 2013 at 1:33 pm

These pants are seriously eye catching without being obnoxious. Great look! -O