Brite-Lite

April 3, 2013

Dress and sweater c/o Joe Fresh, bag c/o PLEN+Y, thrifted necklace,

I’m making a conscious effort to incorporate more black into my wardrobe, I swear. I have a serious problem…I honestly struggle with incorporating neutrals into my closet. Why is this happening? Isn’t black supposed to be every woman’s best friend? Gawd.

• Reply Naomi April 3, 2013 at 1:02 pm

I like the bright colors! Be true to yourself and where your colors, girl!

The Occasional Indulgence

• Reply Kate April 3, 2013 at 1:41 pm

So funny, we are completely opposite in that regard! I have to try so hard to incorporate more color into my wardrobe – I am constantly drawn to the ease & simplicity of black. Today: black dress, black & white striped jacket, black tights & black flats. I could definitely learn from you!! I love the colors here! The dress is so cute, we definitely don't have that one at our Joe!

• Reply janeysoutfits April 3, 2013 at 2:51 pm

I love all the colour you usually wear but I hope you find those black pieces you are looking for.

Janey

• Reply RoselyC April 3, 2013 at 3:07 pm

I love black. The only reason why my closet is not full of black pieces is because black clothes and hot weather don´t get along too well.

• Reply shopandtwirl.com April 3, 2013 at 3:58 pm

Too funny! I just realized that almost every outfit I posted in March had black in it. So much for spring colors, am I right? We definitely have the opposite problem! You always wear the most beautiful colors though!

• Reply Melanie Liliana April 3, 2013 at 4:09 pm

I'm the EXACT same way.. I hardly have any neutrals in my closet. I always gravitate towards colour! I havent seen that dress at Joe yet! I'll keep my eyes peeled! xo

iambornlippy.blogspot.ca

• Reply Katie Hagan April 3, 2013 at 4:49 pm

Haha I am the exact opposite of you! Neutrals are definitely my best friend! But you wear color so well – you always look amazing. Great look!

Katie

• Reply JennaStevie April 3, 2013 at 5:25 pm

Fantastic job layering this!! I absolutely love the colours together, blues and greens and yellows are all so wonderful together 🙂

• Reply lesliescloset.ca April 3, 2013 at 7:48 pm

But it's spring and bright colours are so perfect for getting out of the winter doldrums. Beautiful outfit – brights look fantastic on you.

• Reply Emma April 3, 2013 at 9:45 pm

I like the idea of layering of sweaters over dresses.

emmastyleguide.blogspot.com

• Reply aiyana jane April 4, 2013 at 1:54 am

love the bright bag!
    xo,aiyanajane

• Reply vintagelillies April 4, 2013 at 4:02 am

I love this outfit, that sweater compliments so nicely and that bag is gorgeous and you look beautiful!

• Reply mypaintedbird.com April 4, 2013 at 5:40 am

Super classic. You're such a doll!

aayla @ mypaintedbird

• Reply Nia Langley April 5, 2013 at 2:41 am

This outfit is perfect! I love how to put the colors together!

nialangleyspeaks.blogspot.com

• Reply Gina and Alicia April 5, 2013 at 6:52 pm

I recently thought I had the same problem with black and neutrals. I'm just learning to embrace the color – not everyone is made for neutrals!

~Alicia

• Reply Caroline M April 15, 2013 at 12:05 am

Love the colors here!

• Reply Arsh April 18, 2013 at 9:05 pm

Love the blue and yellow!