Don’t Worry Baby

March 19, 2013

Maison Scotch pants, ring & bag c/o P L E N + Y, Club Monaco blazer, ring c/o Pandora,
Michael by Michael Kors heels, H&M tank, necklace c/o KV Bijou

It’s hard not to laugh when Alicia Fashionista is shooting you…pretty much right from the get-go, her shooting style is peppered with “WHOA beautiful’s” and “NICE’s.” I wish everyone would do this when they take your picture because a. it makes the whole experience very laughter-fueled and b. it makes you feel good about yourself.

Anyhoo, I’m guest blogging over at the lovely Tash of Style Isle‘s blog today. Definitely check out this girl’s blog! I’m wearing some of my favourite new piece from P L E N + Y here (obsessed with these Maison Scotch pants, whose twinsie owner is the lovely Malania of Dela Cruz PR i.e. she wore them the other day at our event and I copied her), as well as my unexpected favourite new polish tint: the daffodil yellow Tennis Anyone? from NCLA’s Life’s A Beach collection, available on Nail Polish Canada.

PS…do yourself a favour and brighten up your Tuesday by listening to some The Beach Boys. I don’t usually make any friends when I say this, but when people ask The Beatles or The Rolling Stones, I always say neither…I would always pick The Beach Boys. People don’t understand how pervasive their influence really is, but let’s not even get started because as my boyfriend, friends or any other person who’s ever talked to me for more than five minutes knows, I will rant about music trivia for five hours if given the chance. But yeah, “Surfer Girl” is hands-down my favourite song for life, always and forever. Who’s your all-time, never-get-sick-of-them band?

• Reply Cee March 19, 2013 at 1:02 pm

You have quite the red bag collection going, pally! It's a toss-up whether I love this one or the Mary Nichols one more, they're both so gorgeous and I love how this one brings your navy-and-black outfit completely to life. Miss you!

• Reply Kimberly March 19, 2013 at 1:03 pm

Absolutely love this look – it's sophisticated, but you still look comfortable & chic. That red bag is the perfect pop of color.

Oh, and I love the Beach Boys too – I grew up listening to oldies – my favorites are "God Only Knows" & "Wouldn't It Be Nice" 🙂

• Reply Katie- Hems for Her March 19, 2013 at 1:14 pm

"Don't Worry Baby" is my absolute FAVORITE Beach Boys song! It always reminds me of the end of "Never Been Kissed", so it makes me swoon! Please tell me you've seen it?!? Michael Vartan is beyond dreamy!!

Anyway, I love how you have styled these pants- so cool!

• Reply Stefani March 19, 2013 at 1:15 pm

Absolutely gorgeous! Love your pants,they fit you great!

• Reply Natalie March 19, 2013 at 1:15 pm

I love your laughing pictures, and as always, the photographs are gorgeous! I really like your outfit, those pants look so comfortable!
    Have a great day!

• Reply Naomi March 19, 2013 at 1:22 pm

Woah gorgeous lady! Love your smile and your awesome pants! My favorite Beach Boy song is California Girls, even though I'm not one! haha

The Occasional Indulgence

• Reply pretty little things March 19, 2013 at 1:22 pm

love this look on you — those pants are so fab! xo

• Reply Asher March 19, 2013 at 2:07 pm

Those pants are AMAZING!!

• Reply Style Isle March 19, 2013 at 2:13 pm

I absolutely love these pics and look!
    Again thanks so much for guest posting on my blog! xo

Tash

• Reply Amy March 19, 2013 at 2:18 pm

I wish I had a friend to shoot with! Those pants are fabulous, love the exposed zipper!
    Coffee Beans and Bobby Pins

Gigglosophy Giveaway!

• Reply lesliescloset.ca March 19, 2013 at 2:18 pm

Your smile in these photos is so warm and I love your wavy hair – looks great on you. And the purse is a wonderful flash of colour for the outfit.

• Reply Wren KW March 19, 2013 at 2:42 pm

I love the trousers and when your photographer makes you laugh! These photos are beautiful!

• Reply Marie-Eve March 19, 2013 at 2:57 pm

Love those pants ! You look amazing !
    My Blog – A Pretty Nest

• Reply Heather March 19, 2013 at 3:14 pm

Love your pants! And the bag adds the right pop of color. Also your hair looks great!

heather
    fashionistanygirl.com

• Reply JennaStevie March 19, 2013 at 4:14 pm

Beach boys are the perfect thing to lift my mood on this chilly, snowy day, love them!! And I love this outfit, you rock the trousers so freakin' well. I love these ones with that blazer and pop of colour 🙂

• Reply Sara Strauss {Sincerely, Sara} March 19, 2013 at 4:26 pm

Love your pants and that lovely red bag! And your hair! OMG, it's so pretty!
    ~Sara

• Reply Melanie Liliana March 19, 2013 at 5:12 pm

I LOVE the Beach Boys! My boyfriend doesn't get it haha. Those trousers btw are amazing soooo flattering! you do look WOAH beautiful! 😉

iambornlippy.blogspot.ca

• Reply Jessica Gitler March 19, 2013 at 6:03 pm

god, I love those pants!!! they look super great on you!!!
    Jess
    JESS CAUSE BLOG

• Reply Carmen March 19, 2013 at 7:45 pm

Great pants and I love that pop of red 🙂

• Reply Shannon March 19, 2013 at 8:28 pm

I love Surfer Girl too! 🙂

• Reply Heidi March 19, 2013 at 8:47 pm

Loving the higher waisted, slouchy, but fitted at the bottom pants right now. These are perfect with the exposed zipper. Love. And love the bright red bag. -Heidi http://fabricandfrosting.blogspot.no/

• Reply Kacie Ellis March 19, 2013 at 9:24 pm

Those pants look so amazing on you!

• Reply Jessi March 19, 2013 at 9:44 pm

Oh, these pants!! I want them. Gorgeous! And I absolutely love your makeup, it's so perfectly sunkissed. Just found your blog through the guest post, your style is divine!
    -Jessi
    haircutandgeneralattitude.blogspot.com

• Reply Kate March 20, 2013 at 1:15 am

There are so many things I love about this post! First & foremost, you look gorgeous! Those pants are just awesome on you and your waist looks so teeny tiny! Secondly, I love the vision of you & Alicia shooting these, and even though I've never met the girl I can totally picture her doing that! So cute! And finally, I LOVE the Beach Boys! I would definitely say I prefer them over both the Beatles & the Stones! "God Only Knows" is one of my very favorites! (but that might also stem from my love for the movie "Love Actually") Can't wait to see your twinsie post tomorrow! 😉 xo.

• Reply Love Your Clothes, Love Yourself - CK March 20, 2013 at 1:33 pm

I am totally loving your pants!! I have an athletic-but-curvy body and I have been convinced I can't wear anything tapered. These look FANTASTIC on you!! I can't wait to give this silhouette a try! Thank you for the inspiration!!

xo