No Time

March 26, 2013
Vancouver style blogger Alexandra Grant wears Sublte Luxury cashmere cardigan and SPUN scarf in Taj Mahal, Sam Edelman wedge booties, Club Monaco anna lace skirt, Mary Nichols Bleecker bag in tan, cone earrings by Poshlocket.

Cardigan & scarf c/o Subtle Luxury, bag c/o Mary Nichols, Club Monaco skirt,
Sam Edelman booties, earrings c/o Poshlocket, NLC nail polish c/o Nail Polish Canada

It’s officially bare-leg-weather, people. In other words, my life is once again filled with joy. If you’ve read more than one or two of my posts, you probably have heard me complaining about the cold or winter or rain or darkness etc…aside from the fact that I just like to whine sometimes (all the time), I also legitimately feel more down in the winter (I believe it’s this little thing called S.A.D.), not to mention my body literally shuts down (I ran a whole 8K with no feeling in three of my toes last month). I believe that’s also a little thing called anemia or the worst blood circulation ever, but long story short, I am a summer girl to the core.
SO YEAH the sun is out, the birds are chirping, the sky is blue and I can walk around with my skin exposed to the wind and feel GREAT about it. Also feeling pretty excited about life because my little sister is back in town!!! My family may be big but we’re all really close with one another, and whenever one of us has to leave for an extended period of time it’s pretty brutal for everyone, actually. I believe there’s a word for that too and it is pa-the-tic. Or codependence. But I like to think it’s just the fact that we’re all so chamazing as a rambunctious, loud, freakishly identical (seriously) group that it’s best to stick together, wolf pack style.
On another note, can anyone believe that it’s almost April?! What on earth. I feel like I’m in a freak time machine, racing right towards my birthday waaaaay too quickly. For some reason, 26 is my “scary age.” I don’t know why…it’s not like I’ve grown up thinking “by the time I’m 26 if I don’t have this and this and this and this and this done, well then I’m just a complete failure.” It’s just especially adult to me, and anyone who knows me knows that I am not “adult,” which is probably the reason I’m panicking. Case in point: me trying to perfect the Fonzie “AAAYYYY” for 2 hours the other day, with impromptu dance numbers sprinkled between my many and varied attempts. I don’t even know if I could pinpoint any age that someone should be doing this at……maybe seven. Anyone else have a “scary age,” and why?

• Reply Alissa March 26, 2013 at 12:49 pm

Yay for bare-leg weather! I totally get how the winter drags you down, I am so tired constantly. I have no energy and I get so tired so fast! Yay for almost spring!

• Reply Kimberly March 26, 2013 at 1:11 pm

There is so much to love here – that skirt paired with pink, the yellow nails & printed scarf…cute from head to toe!

• Reply pretty little things March 26, 2013 at 1:52 pm

loving the bright pink colors — you look fab! xo

• Reply LaDonna Marie March 26, 2013 at 2:12 pm

beautiful color!

• Reply Asher March 26, 2013 at 2:25 pm

LOVE this look – especially that skirt. SO cute!

• Reply Kate March 26, 2013 at 2:44 pm

You look SO pretty in this bright pink! I love it on you! Don't fret one bit about turning 26! Though I do know how you feel, 27 was my semi-scary age, and the age that I felt like I was supposed to be a grown-up & have my shit together! Ha! And here I am turning 31 next week… can hardly believe it. And I still don't feel particularly like a grown up! 😉

• Reply Mounette March 26, 2013 at 2:58 pm

The skirt I like! with a so lovely sweat, it seems to be so confortable!
    Kiss
    Aurélie

• Reply Cee March 26, 2013 at 3:16 pm

Oh pally, you know my love for this skirt – it works with everything! I'm so not a hot pink girl, but I'm totally sold on it thanks to the fact that you paired it with your lace skirt. The yellow nail polish is a fab detail, too. Happy almost birthday! Miss you!

• Reply Stylejourneys March 26, 2013 at 3:49 pm

So springy! You look beautiful!

Stylejourneys

• Reply Sue @ A Colourful Canvas March 26, 2013 at 3:53 pm

Oh Alexandra, you look so pretty in this outfit! Fabulous!! Scary age? Hmmm, I didn't think I had one, but for some reason thirty turned out to be really weirdly tough.

• Reply Hannah March 26, 2013 at 3:55 pm

Pink is a pretty color on you!

Champagne Lifestyle on a Beer Budget

• Reply Heather March 26, 2013 at 4:11 pm

LOVE LOVE LOVEEEEE the pink cardigan!

heather
    fashionistanygirl.com

• Reply lesliescloset.ca March 26, 2013 at 4:25 pm

I love the bright pink and the scarf – very chic. I also love this club monaco skirt….for my own sake, I reaaaaallly wish it were six inches longer (at nearly-33, I feel I'm both to old and too wide for such a short skirt). The lace is so pretty though!

• Reply Melanie Liliana March 26, 2013 at 5:28 pm

I am loving that skirt!! I'm turning 25 on Friday and I'm terrified! haha xo

iambornlippy.blogspot.ca

• Reply Stesha Jordan March 26, 2013 at 6:20 pm

You look adorable! I love the nail color. I turned 26 last summer, it was scary but this year 27 is creeping up and that is even worse! haha. I am glad the weather is getting nice in Van for you, I will be spending my summer in the Okanagan again with a few trips to the coast, we should do coffee and talk clothes!

xxS

• Reply Dina Karivalis March 26, 2013 at 6:38 pm

So exciting that your finally in bare leg weather! I know what you mean, it just feels like it makes like easier and better when the weather is nicer. Great outfit!
    xo Dina

Sweetest Somethings

• Reply Heidi March 26, 2013 at 6:54 pm

Bare leg weather just in time for Easter and your nail polish is perfect for Easter too! -Heidi http://fabricandfrosting.blogspot.no/

• Reply Ramona March 26, 2013 at 7:18 pm

Alexandra You look so amazing in this pink and white lace combo. I'm so envy you having this wonderful weather. We are here freezing and I'm complaining about weather a lot and there is a reason last year and years before we already was in bare- leg weather.

xoxo Ra

• Reply Natalie March 26, 2013 at 7:37 pm

I'm so jealous that you can get by with bare legs! Though I probably could have done it today, it was gorgeous in Montreal! I had to take off my jacket and was still too hot most of the time!
    I think for me the scary age is 30. I'm 20 now, so I still have a way to go.

• Reply Naomi March 26, 2013 at 8:38 pm

I'm ready for bare legs! Can I have a turn too, please? 😛

The Occasional Indulgence

• Reply Linda Greaves March 26, 2013 at 9:11 pm

That fun print scarf is so gorgeous with the pink sweater! I love it 🙂

Enter my StyleGodis jewelry giveaway here!
    Trendy Teal

• Reply Just Another Shopaholic March 27, 2013 at 1:15 am

This is the cutest outfit!!

• Reply Marissa at Style Cusp March 27, 2013 at 2:15 am

UGH – I am so jealous you have those warmer temps + can dress like this! And girl, pink is SO your color!

• Reply Karen Angel Shaun Wolchinsky March 27, 2013 at 4:49 am

Love the Candy Color Combo! Love the run commitment, I would drop dead at a mile and a half. Oh try green tea for the circulation thing, I cut coffee down to the weekends and my appendage numbing has subsided.

SW

• Reply aiyana jane March 27, 2013 at 4:51 am

I agree entirely, winter is the worst… in calgary it is not quite bare legs weather yet unfortunatly. i have a similar skirt, i love how you styled this!
    xo aiyanajane

• Reply Petra March 28, 2013 at 10:54 pm

Stunning pink cardigan. So beautiful.
    xo, Petra

• Reply Kacie Ellis March 29, 2013 at 12:23 am

Such a pretty Spring scarf!