February Rain

February 25, 2013

Club Monaco coat, sweater & hat, H&M pants, Hunter boots

Guess what this week’s forecast calls for? Rain today…rain tomorrow…rain on Wednesday…and then rain for the rest of the week! Fortunately, I only had one day of rain while away at my cabin over the weekend (the sunny pics are being saved for later this week, when I’ll need a happy, sunshine-filled reprieve from the grey skies we’re expecting), the day these pics were snapped.

And even with a little rain, I really was in such a great mood that I wasn’t all too affected by it. As I mentioned last week, I have some great news…I landed a wonderful job at a company I’ve always admired and loved a lot! Today is my first day and I am ecstatic to kick things off.

What’s more, yesterday was my five year anniversary! It was so nice to just relax and spend time together at my cabin…especially now with the new job, I have an extremely busy next couple of weeks on the horizon, so some downtime together was just what we needed. I made a silly little video documenting some of the things we love to do best while on the Sunshine Coast: walk along the ocean, go for night walks, go for drives, etc etc. Hope you guys like it!

• Reply pretty little things February 25, 2013 at 1:33 pm

love those pants! happy monday! xo

• Reply Faith February 25, 2013 at 1:57 pm

your hat is so cute. love your outfit!

• Reply Alissa February 25, 2013 at 2:00 pm

I love those pants, absolutely gorgeous! Also, I loved that video, I really enjoyed it. Thanks for sharing it with us!

• Reply Girl and Closet February 25, 2013 at 2:08 pm

Aw, happy anniversary you two. The video is adorable and I love your laid-back + rain ready look. Gorgeous!! Ugh, and the rain. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a mid week break from it. Lastly, congrats on the job can't wait to hear more about it. xo

• Reply lesliescloset.ca February 25, 2013 at 2:18 pm

Congratulations on the new job! Consider the rain good luck. 🙂 I like the pants too – very fun. I also recently tried patterned pants (post will be up later today)….it's a fun look! How else do you plan on styling yours? I'm a bit at a loss of how I can get some more mileage out of my super fun (but very bright) patterned pants.

• Reply Cee February 25, 2013 at 2:29 pm

Happy anniversary to you and Matt, pally – can't believe it's already been five years, mainly because that reminds me of how long it's already been since our first blogger meet-up. Crazy! And congratulations on the new job, especially if it's what I'm thinking of… you definitely deserved to have a little luck cme your way! But either way, can't wait to hear all about it. Miss you!
    PS: Oh yeah, and on a fashion related note, I'm loving the way the neutrals in this look let your printed pants shine.

• Reply Kate February 25, 2013 at 2:33 pm

Congrats on the new job & happy 5 years with your fella! So many exciting things! & I'm loving this lip color on you! Perfect pop of color for a gray, rainy day! Hope those skies clear up for you soon, darlin'!

• Reply Rachel Lynne February 25, 2013 at 3:59 pm

So simple and chic, love love love your boots and pants! And yay for 5 years! Congrats!

• Reply Sara Strauss {Sincerely, Sara} February 25, 2013 at 4:26 pm

Congrats on getting a new job at a company you love!! That's amazing! I can't wait to hear how it goes! The video of you and Matt was so cute! It made me smile!
    ~Sara

• Reply JennaStevie February 25, 2013 at 4:41 pm

Awww that video is so cute, what an absolutely perfect way to celebrate! I love this layered look, you look perfectly warm and chic. That hat is really cute on you and I love the pattern of these pants

• Reply Melanie Liliana February 25, 2013 at 5:06 pm

Happy 5 years! You look super cute! Thats so great about the new job! what is it? xo

• Reply Well... February 25, 2013 at 5:21 pm

Aw man, rain rain rain – nothing like some awesome wellies to beat it! 🙂
    Love how you've used those awesome print pants in this look

Trendy Teal

• Reply Kimberly February 25, 2013 at 5:22 pm

Yay for a new job – congrats! LOVE this outfit with the rain boots & hat…it's casual, but still pulled together 🙂

• Reply MrsJPruitt February 25, 2013 at 5:27 pm

Congrats on the new job!! How exciting! 🙂

• Reply dreamingincashmere February 25, 2013 at 5:33 pm

Congratulations on the new job! Your video was perfect, I have to visit Canada some time, it is so breathtakingly beautiful!!!
    xoAmy

• Reply alison*elle February 25, 2013 at 5:49 pm

Congrats on the new job, Alex! So excited for you 🙂 And happy anniversary to you and Matt as well!

xo, alison*elle

• Reply Heidi February 25, 2013 at 6:05 pm

I am LOVING those trousers! And congrats on the new job and anniversary, sounds like you have had a great day! -Heidi

• Reply Amy February 25, 2013 at 7:09 pm

Congrats on the job and adorable video! Love how you made the pants more casual with the hunters!
    Coffee Beans and Bobby Pins

• Reply CAROLINE CARTER February 25, 2013 at 7:13 pm

Happy Anniversary! I loved the video! So cute!!!!

• Reply Shannon February 25, 2013 at 7:31 pm

Love this! Your pants are amazing.

• Reply Siena in Style February 25, 2013 at 8:38 pm

that looks so cozy and still very chic
    kisses from Milano

• Reply Dina Karivalis February 25, 2013 at 8:51 pm

Love the look! The pants and the hat are a great combo.
    xo Dina
    Sweetest Somethings

• Reply My Tights may be cool but my Wellies are red hot February 25, 2013 at 9:03 pm

I like your Pants and I always love to see you wearing your Wellingtons you look really yummy.
    Carole
    xoxo

• Reply Kacie February 25, 2013 at 9:18 pm

I'm jealous of your rain! It feels like we've just skipped winter here. Love your pants!

• Reply Beauty Follower February 25, 2013 at 9:25 pm

Nice trench coat!

• Reply Ramona February 25, 2013 at 11:10 pm

Happy anniversary to you both!Video is so lovely.
    Congrats on new job!
    Your pants are fabulous and you have paired them pretty with white jumper and beanie.

xoxo Ra

• Reply Naomi February 25, 2013 at 11:40 pm

Adorable video! You guys are so cute~

The Occasional Indulgence

• Reply Marie-Eve February 25, 2013 at 11:58 pm

Love the beanie, so chic ! Great outfit !
    My Blog – A Pretty Nest

• Reply rosina palesado February 26, 2013 at 12:36 am

AMAZING BLOGG 🙂

LOVE IT!

XX http://rorolovesbeauty.blogspot.com/

• Reply Petite Adventures February 26, 2013 at 1:27 am

Alexandra, those pants are amazing! I love the way you've styled them.

Kate xo petite-adventures.blogspot.ca

• Reply Erin February 26, 2013 at 4:46 am

This look is amazing! I love how you wore those pretty printed pants with the white sweater and beanie. And the coat has such interesting detail!

-Erin-
    OneTwoSummer

• Reply Rebecca February 26, 2013 at 6:51 am

Love love the entire look…..from the Hunters to the beanie….soooo GREAT!!!

Rebecca

• Reply Marisa February 26, 2013 at 7:22 am

What an exciting couple of weeks it's been for you! Congrats on the new job and on five years together with your man. Chase the rain away with some celebration!

Marisa

• Reply Tatiana Biggi February 26, 2013 at 9:20 am

Easy and pretty, I love the fantasy of your pants! Kiss

New outfit post on Tati loves pearls

Tati loves pearls facebook page

Maybe follow each other's via facebook?

• Reply Annie February 26, 2013 at 11:47 am

Aw congrats on the new job!! You are too cute in this rainy day outfit – love love love those patterned pants 🙂

Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

• Reply danni February 26, 2013 at 2:54 pm

Congratulations on you new job and anniversary Alexandra!! so fantastic!

looking pretty cute too 🙂

xoxo danni

• Reply Yuliya ♥ February 27, 2013 at 1:14 pm

Sympa ton manteau 🙂
    Bisous
    Yu'

• Reply nicola lynde February 27, 2013 at 3:58 pm

I think I actually miss the rain. How about I trade you some snow for a bit of rain?

• Reply janeysoutfits February 28, 2013 at 4:01 pm

I have a pair of printed trousers in my wardrobe which I fell in love with at the store but have been too conscious to wear it outdoors. You have inspired me!

Janey