Stolen Goods

January 14, 2013

Wilfred coat c/o Aritzia, jeans c/o James Jeans, Marc by Marc Jacobs bag, sweater/shirt stolen f/ boyfriend,
H&M booties, wishbone necklace c/o Poshlocket, short/long necklace c/o Brooklyn Designs

I’ll admit it…I have a serious kleptomania problem. Thankfully, it’s limited to my boyfriend’s closet (well, not “thankfully” for him, quite frankly I think he’s starting to get kind of piiiiissed), but yeah…it’s getting pretty weird. I had initially slipped on his huge hoodie and V-neck just to warm up before getting on the road, but then magically, they ended up staying on for brunch. I don’t know what it is about men’s clothes, but I find that the casual pieces just fit better than women’s, which is bizarre because if anything, I have a pretty exaggerated hourglass body type (i.e. not a “boyish” figure at all). Whatever the reason, I love that I got to finally work a hoodie into a look on the blog – it’s still so cold here so any way I can work a head-covering-anything into my outfits is so perfect.

Did you watch the Golden Globes last night? Usually I’m not able to get into awards ceremonies, but the Tina+Amy duo coupled with a few memorable speeches (Jodie Foster…I mean, what was she saying?!) actually made for a really amusing hour or so. Fashion-wise, there were a couple amazing highlights too: loved what Jennifer Lawrence, Naomi Watts, Michelle Dockery and Marion Cotillard wore, but surprisingly, my favourite was Lucy Liu’s pretty divisive choice. Personally, I thought it was a really refreshing change from what you usually see at awards ceremonies, but I can get why everyone wouldn’t be that into it. Who were your favourites?

• Reply pretty little things January 14, 2013 at 2:03 pm

I love those necklaces! xo

• Reply Andrea January 14, 2013 at 2:05 pm

love your style! you are really gorgeous! hope you take as a compliment – you remind me of megan fox.

BITE MY STYLE

• Reply Tyne Swedish January 14, 2013 at 2:16 pm

Great hoodie! I love when you are more dressed down…it's more on my level! haha! I used to steal from Jason's closet but now he steals my cardigans …ALL THE TIME!!!UGH!! But my favorite place to steal from is my eldest sisters closet (even though most of the time she makes me put stuff back)! LAME!! 🙂

Chao
    Poppie

• Reply janeysoutfits January 14, 2013 at 2:38 pm

You look great. What a well put-together outfit for brunch. I love the layering with the quaint jewellery.

Janey

• Reply Courtney Erin January 14, 2013 at 2:39 pm

I thought Lucy Liu looked stunning – definitely my favourite! And I love all this men's wear on you – I also have an hourglass shape and think I need to try a little borrowing from my helpmeet.

Courtney ~ http://sartorialsidelines.com

• Reply RoselyC January 14, 2013 at 2:53 pm

Lucy Liu looked great I loved that she took a risk. I loved Anne Hathaway´s classy style, Amanda Seyfried looked stunning and Emily Blunt were a few of my favorites.

• Reply Well... January 14, 2013 at 3:29 pm

You look so cool with the hoodies!

Trendy Teal

• Reply Alissa January 14, 2013 at 4:02 pm

I still go back and forth about whether or not I liked her dress last night. I loved that it was so bold but maybe because it was floral I felt like it was strange/out of season almost.

• Reply JennaStevie January 14, 2013 at 4:46 pm

I love that you keep stealing your boyfriends clothes, that's one of the perks of being in a relationship!! This is a wonderful casual look, love the layered necklaces and these photos are so gorgeous.
    I have to play catchup on the awards fashion today, I was playing soccer last night and missed out

• Reply Melanie Liliana January 14, 2013 at 5:17 pm

love this outfit! and i'd say my favourite was Kerry Washington but also kudos to Kate Hudson and Jennifer Lawrence as well as Jennifer Garner! ahh so many! xo

• Reply Kimberly January 14, 2013 at 5:36 pm

Love the monochrome outfit today! My favorites from last night were Kerry Washington, Jennifer Lawrence & Rosario Dawson…but I agree with you – I really liked Lucy Liu's dress too! 🙂

• Reply Heidi January 14, 2013 at 6:45 pm

You are making me want to go raid my boyfriends closet! This hoodie is great and I love how you paired it. -Heidi

• Reply Lisa January 14, 2013 at 8:35 pm

You're lucky that you can steal items from your boyfriend's closet. I'd look like I was drowning in fabric if I put on one of my guy's shirts or sweaters!

• Reply Sidewalk Ready January 14, 2013 at 8:53 pm

I love this look! I am definitely with you on borrowing clothes from the man's closet. They are better! That jacket is beautiful and I am totally digging the layered necklaces. So great!

Kayley
    sidewalkready.com

• Reply Cait Val January 14, 2013 at 8:55 pm

maroon head to toe & a wish bone necklace to boot . . . GREAT LOOK!
    we'll take two of everything 🙂

xo. c & v
    cake & valley

• Reply Kacie January 14, 2013 at 9:15 pm

I love how you styled your hoodie!

• Reply LoveCaroline January 15, 2013 at 1:26 am

Love your outfit! You really rock your boyfriends hoodie and v-neck!
    Really enjoy following your blog!

xo
    Caroline

• Reply Styleclouds January 15, 2013 at 9:18 am

I am loving the all burgundy look, especially the coat! xo, Christina

• Reply Annie January 15, 2013 at 12:14 pm

I LOVE this look! There is something seriously cute about it…gotta love raiding the bf's closet 🙂

Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

• Reply Petite Adventures January 16, 2013 at 1:05 am

Burgundy is such a fantastic colour on you – you look great in your BFs clothes!

Kate xo petite-adventures.blogspot.ca