Like Steve McQueen

January 15, 2013

Persol sunglasses c/o SmartBuyGlasses, Zara coat, Old Navy sweater, bracelets c/o KVBijou,
Rebecca Minkoff bag, Club Monaco scarf, jeans c/o Fidelity Denim, Michael Kors heels

I’ve always wanted a pair of Persol sunnies – from Steve McQueen to Inès de la Fressange, the famous Italian sunglasses company has had a cult following for years and to me, the sunnies have always represented that thing we all (well, a large number of us) strive for: effortless elegance. Anyway, unsurprisingly I was extremely excited when SmartBuyGlasses offered to let me take a pick from their extensive selection of brands and sunglasses frames, including aviator sunglasses and wayfarer frames, especially when I saw Persol as a listed brand.
Since my face becomes easily overwhelmed by huge, Nicole Richie-esque frames, I decided to go with a slightly more petite style and love them. I can already tell I’ll wear these to bits. Next must-get on the eyewear front: glasses. My vision has always been bad but it was obliterated during uni from hours of studying and typing away on my laptop. I didn’t have contacts in the other morning because I wanted to let my eyes rest and it was actually terrifying how little I could see…I quite literally couldn’t read what was on my laptop screen from three inches away!
If this is my vision at 25, what will it be in 5 years’ time? Yeeks. Has anyone opted for Lasik? Seriously considering it.

• Reply Naomi January 15, 2013 at 1:36 pm

Absolutely adorable! I like the more petite frames, very flattering on you~

The Occasional Indulgence

• Reply Ginny January 15, 2013 at 1:54 pm

Great sunnies and love this coat too!
    Ginny
    mynewfavoriteoutfit.blogspot.com

• Reply pretty little things January 15, 2013 at 2:04 pm

great coat and love the colors of greens and mints you used here! xo

• Reply Kate January 15, 2013 at 2:06 pm

Whenever I can afford it, I will absolutely get Lasik! My doc says I'm a prime candidate and I would looove to not have to deal with contacts every day! On a different note I am loving this cozy look on you! The coat & scarf are fab together!

• Reply Cee January 15, 2013 at 2:07 pm

As one blind person speaking to another, I can totally sympathise with your vision issues, pally. My most recent exploit involved walking head first into the bathroom door because you know, I couldn't see an eight foot object directly in front of my face. Seriously. I feel your pain. However, you are looking fabulous as ever – amazing that you actually need sunnies in Vancouver in January, and these Persol frames suit you perfectly. Does a Thursday skype date still work for you? Let me know. Miss you tons.

• Reply Kimberly January 15, 2013 at 2:22 pm

Absolutely love this coat – it looks so soft & cozy…and that mint scarf is the perfect accessory! One of my fave looks of yours 🙂

• Reply Alissa January 15, 2013 at 2:27 pm

My boyfriend is going to get that surgery next year as long as his eye prescription stays the same. He is sooo excited about it, he hates dealing with contacts!

• Reply two birds January 15, 2013 at 3:03 pm

i'm too scared to get lasik, but i have many friends who have loved it. i love your sunnies…they look great on you. and that coat is so pretty, too!

• Reply Erin January 15, 2013 at 3:18 pm

I'm loving your coat and chic grey pumps!

-Erin-
    OneTwoSummer

• Reply Tyne Swedish January 15, 2013 at 3:21 pm

That shade of aqua green blue is totally made just for yoU! I mean WOW doll! You look fantastic! These might be my favorite photos of you!

Chao
    Poppie

• Reply Heather January 15, 2013 at 3:24 pm

i love this whole look. I really love the sunglasses, they def. fit your face well!

heather
    fashionistanygirl.com

• Reply Wren KW January 15, 2013 at 3:43 pm

You look so stunning! I love that jacket. It looks so warm.

• Reply Joana January 15, 2013 at 3:45 pm

You look stunning my dear x

• Reply Shannon Rice January 15, 2013 at 3:51 pm

Those sunglasses are gorgeous and fit you perfectly!

Shannon
    bigdreamsandexpensivetaste.blogspot.com

• Reply Sue @ A Colourful Canvas January 15, 2013 at 5:19 pm

{Sigh} Such pretty shades on you today. And I don't just mean the sunglasses, which could totally be in my handbag. These glorious blue/green tones keep bringing me back for a second, make that third look. And by the way, you are far too young to be mentioning Steve McQueen in your post girl. 🙂

Sue

A Colourful Canvas

• Reply JennaStevie January 15, 2013 at 5:23 pm

I love these sunglasses, they look wicked on you, definitely suit your face shape. I love the raybans I got from them, I wear them alll the time now. The colours in this outfit are really great on you, that scarf is absolutely gorgeous! And love the Steve McQueen reference

• Reply janeysoutfits January 15, 2013 at 5:56 pm

You look lovely, I love the outfit and your make-up! Those sunglasses suit you perfectly – great choice!

Janey

• Reply Regina January 15, 2013 at 6:05 pm

Lovely look that scarf is so pretty!

• Reply Melanie Liliana January 15, 2013 at 7:43 pm

love that coat and those frames look great on you!! xo

• Reply Leah January 15, 2013 at 7:44 pm

This is my all-time favourite outfit on you! Everything just works and you look amazing!

• Reply Nia Langley January 15, 2013 at 8:24 pm

The coat and scarf are so cute! The sunglasses fit you well.

nialangleyspeaks.blogspot.com

• Reply Heidi January 15, 2013 at 8:30 pm

Love the sunglasses – what style number are they?

• Reply Andrea January 15, 2013 at 9:15 pm

love the style! and the details! they bring something extra!

BITE MY STYLE

• Reply Well... January 15, 2013 at 9:21 pm

Wow, gorgeous houndstooth coat and I LOVE the teal accents 😉

Trendy Teal

• Reply Candida Maceo January 15, 2013 at 9:29 pm

You look pure Hollywood in the shots! Love every last detail and those sunglasses look fantastic on you. Great choice!

Candida

• Reply Dina Karivalis January 15, 2013 at 10:29 pm

Love the shots and the outfit. And your nails! I had a similar mani last week.
    xo Dina
    Sweetest Somethings

• Reply Kacie January 15, 2013 at 10:40 pm

Gorgeous coat! I love the teal in this outfit!

• Reply JennyScribbles January 15, 2013 at 11:20 pm

love the shape and style of your sunnies!

jen

• Reply Shannon January 16, 2013 at 1:31 am

Okay, I need your coat… and your handbag… and your glasses!!!! Gorgeous girl! You look stunning.

• Reply lilieslattesandlace.com January 16, 2013 at 1:32 am

Love this look – especially the coat!
    xo K

• Reply Marisa January 16, 2013 at 1:36 am

Loving the aqua tones with your houndstooth coat. Lasik is a great choice, almost my entire family has had it done, along with a few friends, and it's changed their lives. From the sounds of it, you're just as blind as I am! Lasik is on my bucket list for sure.

Marisa

• Reply Sara Strauss {Sincerely, Sara} January 16, 2013 at 3:27 am

You look so cool in those sunglasses! I'm in love with all the green in your outfit! My vision is bad too and I'm only 23! I don't even want to think about how horrible my vision will be at 80!
    ~Sara

• Reply jules January 16, 2013 at 6:58 am

Really loving these sunnies on you! Not to mention your fab coat & scarf! Nice to see a cooler colour palette on you, it really suits you!

xo julesinflats.com

• Reply Kelly January 16, 2013 at 6:58 am

The shades of blue/teals are great on you! Also, did you cut your hair short because if not…hey short looks good on you too!

Kelly
    Off Kelly's Hanger

• Reply Ramona January 16, 2013 at 12:01 pm

What a wonderful chance you had.These sunglasses look absolutely gorgeous on you.So classic and effortless chic!

xoxo Ra

• Reply Nikki | The Ginger Diaries January 16, 2013 at 1:12 pm

I have the same problem with finding sunglasses that work on my face. Many are either to big and give me what I like to call "alien eyes" or they have the wrong shape for my rather oval face. I got a pair of wayfarers in late summer and I love them!

These Petrol sunnies work really well for you 🙂 I like them! x

• Reply Petra January 16, 2013 at 11:41 pm

amazing coat and love the different shades of blue of the scarve, bag and bracelets.
    xo, Petra

• Reply Petite Adventures January 17, 2013 at 3:33 pm

Absolutely fabulous – the sunglasses look so awesome on you and your coat – divine!

Kate xo petite-adventures.blogspot.ca