Deep Sea

January 28, 2013

Hunter boots, Club Monaco dress, blazer c/o Club Monaco, necklace c/o Keltie Leanne,
Marc by Marc Jacobs bag, bracelets c/o INPink, KV Bijou, Gap Canada & JewelMint

There’s no way of getting around it: if you live in Vancouver, you absolutely, 110% need a good pair of rain boots. When you wake up in the morning and look out your window to the city’s usual misty, perma-wet state, it can be really hard to resist groaning, throwing on the comfiest (and waterproof) outfit in your closet and yanking on your gumboots without much thought. More often than not, when we go through a long stretch of wetness like we currently are, that’s what I end up doing; however, the days that I challenge myself to still make an effort despite needing to weatherproof my toesies are always infinitely better days than the ones when I just give up.

I’ve found that it’s all about double-layering your tights, throwing on cozy accessories (like this big printed scarf, one of my favourites out of my collection) and piling on jewelry to add some touch of glamour. I’m especially enamoured with this beautiful Deep Ocean Necklace by Keltie Leanne Designs. I was all about rich purples a couple months ago, but lately I’ve been feeling a huge pull to deep sea tones (think dark greens and blues). Who knows, maybe Pantone’s emerald pick has something to do with it, or maybe it’s the fact that I feel like I’m water treading constantly in all this rain so I might as well be in the ocean. Either way, this necklace and its stunning London blue topaz stone could not have come into my life at a better time.

In other news, it seems like I may be coming down with something…I was feeling off Saturday and attributed it at the time to being the DD the night before and not getting to sleep till late, but when my headache and exhaustion didn’t wear off the next day and I started getting bad chills, it became pretty clear that I must have caught a bug. Hot water with lemon, lots of fresh fruit and rest is on the agenda today…hoping to reach a full recovery by tonight! Let me know if you have any amazing home remedies!

• Reply Alissa January 28, 2013 at 1:52 pm

I love that scarf, the texture is divine and sooo luxurious looking! I love that you dressed up so classically on a rainy day!

• Reply LaraBeTheOne January 28, 2013 at 2:17 pm

Such a pretty look 🙂

• Reply Marsa January 28, 2013 at 2:41 pm

gorgeous as always!
    i love that paisley scarf too. and im so jealous of your hunters!!

-Marsa
    The DayLee Journal

• Reply Asher January 28, 2013 at 2:55 pm

LOVE that dress!

• Reply RoselyC January 28, 2013 at 3:16 pm

Hope you feel better. You look beautiful. Lovely scarf.

• Reply Naomi January 28, 2013 at 3:25 pm

Pretty scarf!

The Occasional Indulgence

• Reply Sweet Harmonie January 28, 2013 at 3:39 pm

beautiful look..i like it!!! kisses from Spain!!

• Reply Prairie Girl in the City January 28, 2013 at 3:55 pm

LOVE this look…adore the scarf. I have a similar one(ish) in browns and gold tones. It is one of my faves and instantly adds something more wow to my casual outfits. I think it's the weather that's making us all sick (as I'm writing this in a t-shirt, sweater, with another sweater layered overtop).
    Hope you feel better…drink lots of tea,keep a heating pad on to beat the chills, rest, and loads of Vit. C is my usual routine.
    Jen P.

• Reply MrsJPruitt January 28, 2013 at 3:58 pm

Completely random and not post related but I was wondering if you do anything specific to get your lipstick to look so great? Do you use a primer and lip liner or just throw on your color and go?

• Reply Cool Tights and Red Hot Wellingtons January 28, 2013 at 4:26 pm

I love your Outfit, you look really dishy wearing your long Hunter Rubber Wellingtons with Tights.
    Carole

• Reply Melanie Liliana January 28, 2013 at 4:36 pm

that scarf is amazing! I need to wear my Hunters more often! and I am obsessed with that belt.. I need to get one like that!

iambornlippy.blogspot.ca

• Reply Sandy a la Mode January 28, 2013 at 4:43 pm

LOVE this look! love the scarf and hunters!!

xo,
    Sandy
    Sandy a la Mode

• Reply Love Sushi and Fashion January 28, 2013 at 5:00 pm

You really are gorgeous! Love the red lippie touch! <3<3

• Reply Sara Strauss {Sincerely, Sara} January 28, 2013 at 5:20 pm

You always wear the lovliest, richest colors! So pretty! Doubling up on tights is a must in NY also! I hope you feel better!!
    ~Sara
    Sincerely, Sara

• Reply JennaStevie January 28, 2013 at 5:24 pm

This outfit is so perfect, I love how you're rocking your hunters here. I really think I need to invest in an emerald blazer now! Love the cozy scarf too
    I feel like i'm coming down with something too, definitely lots of tea and sleep.

• Reply Pop Champagne January 28, 2013 at 6:12 pm

the scarf totally make the outfit here, it's awesome!!

• Reply pretty little things January 28, 2013 at 6:20 pm

you have a great collection of scarves — love this one on you! xo

• Reply Tyne Swedish January 28, 2013 at 6:28 pm

Jason and I want to visit the northwest one day so we will be sure to bring rain boots…after we buy rain boots for wet Indy! 😉

Chao
    Poppie

• Reply juliewearswellingtons January 28, 2013 at 7:14 pm

I love my Hunter Wellingtons and wear them whatever the weather and seeing you with your Wellingtons on makes me very happy you look so sweet.
    Julie
    xoxox

• Reply Stefani January 28, 2013 at 9:27 pm

Beautiful! The dress is really nice and looks great with Hunter boots!

• Reply soanthro.com January 28, 2013 at 9:46 pm

Absolutely gorgeous, love the layering here. And totally swear by my rainboots here in Boston as well! Hope you feel better very soon!
    xx, Emily

• Reply Katie- Hems for Her January 29, 2013 at 12:03 am

The scarf makes that outfit, but the whole thing is great. And I am in love with the little delicate necklace!

• Reply Lilly January 29, 2013 at 1:37 am

Love this color combination! The lips add a perfect pop of color!

• Reply Erin January 29, 2013 at 1:46 am

I never thought to double layer tights, but that is brilliant! I love the proportion of this dress on you, and the scarf does add the perfect cozy but chic vibe to the outfit.

-Erin-
    OneTwoSummer

• Reply Chelsea Lennox January 29, 2013 at 1:47 am

Love that scarf!
    Olive & Ivy

• Reply newdaynewdress January 29, 2013 at 2:00 am

love this look!

i hope you like designs of dresses!
    i await a visit!
    brazilian greetings

• Reply t January 29, 2013 at 2:11 am

Nice scarf! Surprisingly I don't wear my rainboots much!

• Reply Cathy January 29, 2013 at 3:30 am

Loving the mix of blues and greens! It's mostly warm year round here in Texas so I never thought about the double layering tights idea, but that is smart! Be sure to check out my style inspiration shoutout to you in my most recent post 🙂

• Reply gillybeancandyjar January 29, 2013 at 3:59 am

gorgeous scarf… and I especially noticed your cheeks and lips! Gorgeous red hue. They look great against the greycouver background.

Hope you feel better soon!

• Reply Emily Marie {Isnt That Charming} January 29, 2013 at 4:45 am

Stunning outfit! I love the addition of your scarf and how you layered this all.
    Isn’t That Charming.

• Reply Candida Maceo January 29, 2013 at 5:28 am

I have been on the hunt for Hunter boots. I live in Portland, Or – also notoriously rainy for most of the year. The fact that I don't own a pair of rain boots is kinda ridiculous. I love that you've dressed up the boots here. And I'm particularly liking the belt pop – looks great.

Try sambucus (elderberry syrup) and Zicam. My tried and true trusted remedies when coming down with something.

xo,
    C

• Reply CoastWithMe January 29, 2013 at 5:31 am

I've heard something about raw honey and cinnamon…you should probably google it! Feel better girl:)! You look gorgeous as usual! Love your dress and your scarf!

• Reply Well... January 29, 2013 at 7:45 am

I swear, you have the absolute best scarf collection <3

Enter to win an $80 voucher to MsDressy!
    Trendy Teal

• Reply Menos es más January 29, 2013 at 11:38 am

Post sobre ti!!
    ESpero que te guste!
    BESOS

• Reply Petite Adventures January 29, 2013 at 11:56 am

Oh no hope you aren't coming down with the flu! Hope you feel better soon!
    Alex, you are the only person I know who can make Hunter boots look so fabulous! I love the dress you've paired them with; this whole look has a very understated elegance!

Kate xo petite-adventures.blogspot.ca

• Reply Sam January 29, 2013 at 12:47 pm

Hi Alexandra, I wouldn't have considered forest green before but seeing how you've worn and styled it, I am so intrigued to try it out, beautiful outfit!

• Reply Nuria ArMo January 29, 2013 at 12:47 pm

Hola guapa!! acabo de conocer tu blog y me quedo a seguirte, la verdad que me gusta tu estilo, compuesto de básicos genial combinados.

un besito desde http://contaconesenlaciudad.blogspot.com.es/

• Reply Bree TheUrbanUmbrella January 29, 2013 at 4:07 pm

Beautiful outfit! Loving the hair and loving the scarf!

• Reply LoveCaroline January 29, 2013 at 8:43 pm

Love your tunic and your scarf is so amazing!

xo
    Caroline

• Reply algara complex January 30, 2013 at 12:57 pm

So elegant, I love it and the scarf is pure love, it fits so well with your tan <3
    Would you like to follow each other?

• Reply Faith January 31, 2013 at 1:42 pm

gorgeous, as always. loving your scarf. and i agree, during this crazy weather i love having my Hunters.

• Reply Meanz Chan February 18, 2013 at 2:41 am

You look so gorgeous! I love the lipcolor and your gorgeous scarf.