The Pumpkin Patch

October 24, 2012

Pollen Sweater Inc. sweater, Club Monaco tights, dress c/o Look Bible, necklace c/o Keltie Leanne,
Hunters boots, bag c/o Roots, scarf c/o Little Burgundy, ring c/o Brooklyn Designs
I’m going to make a confession: I’m not really into Halloween. Aside from the year I went as a Care Bear (I was six and it was the best costume EVER), I don’t think I ever had a Halloween that was that amazing. Maybe it comes down to my lack of creativity in the costume department, or maybe it’s just the fact that my expectations for most holidays are rarely lived up to, but the whole spooky-element of Halloween in particular has never been very appealing to me.
One thing I can get behind however is going to the pumpkin patch and picking out the perfect little pumpkin. I love everything about the season’s pumpkin carving ritual: from the smell of baking pumpkin seeds to carving out a perfectly tealight-sized circle on the bottom of the pumpkin for the candle, it’s always been a process that I’ve been very fond of. I’m not the best with knives (that’s an understatement) so I made sure to pick a teeeeeeny-tiny, oh-so-cute pumpkin that I could hopefully handle.
Speaking of Halloween, as usual I have nooooo idea what I’m going to go as. I was thinking Gwen Stefani circa No Doubt’s “I’m Just a Girl” video but unless I want to invest in a platinum blonde wig, that may not be the best fit. What are you going as?

• Reply McKenna Bleu October 24, 2012 at 1:33 pm

You look Beautiful!! Looks like a magazine cover for the Oct issue. Love your styling for this outfit, thanks for sharing.

• Reply world on high heels October 24, 2012 at 1:34 pm

You look gorgeous! Beautiful photos 🙂

• Reply claude October 24, 2012 at 1:56 pm

over here in Luxembourg, Halloween isn't that big of a deal.
    so maybe we're going out, but I doubt that I will dress up:)

cute pictures 🙂

xx claude

• Reply Naomi at The Occasional Indulgence October 24, 2012 at 2:17 pm

I'd love to see the Care Bear costume! Haha

• Reply Wren KW October 24, 2012 at 2:33 pm

I'm liking how you style your hunter boots. And I'm kind of with you on Halloween. I love the idea of it but when it comes down to putting together a costume… it just seems like so much effort. Especially as a kid when you need to wear three snowsuits underneath your costume. But this year I'm making my roommate go as Rosie the Riveter.

• Reply Neris / Fashion Fractions October 24, 2012 at 2:47 pm

i LOVE these photos! you look so pretty and i'm obsesseing over your Hunter boots 🙂

xoxo,

Fashion Fractions

• Reply Courtney Erin October 24, 2012 at 2:51 pm

I am the total opposite – I'm painfully into Halloween! Also, this is the perfect fall outfit, the colors are just perfect.

Courtney ~ http://sartorialsidelines.com

• Reply Cee October 24, 2012 at 2:59 pm

It's no surprise to me that you're not a halloween girl, mainly because I'm not, either 😉 I'm actually a little bit relieved to be in Paris this year, where Halloween has just barely begun to catch on – good-bye, pressure to come up with a costume I'm not into! Personally, I think you look perfectly lovely just as yourself – especially in that red sweater. Has to be one of my faves in your wardrobe 🙂

• Reply A Fine Balance October 24, 2012 at 3:07 pm

Im not really into halloween either but i am going to my first ever Halloween party….black and white themed….im going as Audrey Hepburn!

• Reply RoselyC October 24, 2012 at 3:26 pm

I used to love watching the care bears. Halloween here is not celebrated but I wish it was so I could dress up. I think its fun to be someone else for a day.

• Reply JennaStevie October 24, 2012 at 3:48 pm

I love this look for the pumpkin patch!! Such great layers and that scarf looks very cozy. I love this outfit!
    Pumpkin carving is definitely one of my favourite parts of halloween. I went as a Rag Doll last year and a Peacock the year before but I'm not really celebrating this year

• Reply Styleclouds October 24, 2012 at 4:05 pm

You look beautiful! I love the colors in this outfit! xo, Christina

• Reply Marsa October 24, 2012 at 4:14 pm

this screams fall! i love it 🙂
    its okay if you don't like halloween. pumpkins are good for picking and eating

happyleeliving.blogspot.com

• Reply Aayla @ mypaintedbird.blogspot.com October 24, 2012 at 4:34 pm

Beautiful. I need a pair of those boots!

My Painted Bird

• Reply Gabriele October 24, 2012 at 4:44 pm

loving the red jumper! Oh and the hunter boots go perfectly with this outfit. 🙂

• Reply Carmen October 24, 2012 at 4:47 pm

What a cute outfit, the boots are amazing and these pics are so cute 🙂

• Reply Jen October 24, 2012 at 5:48 pm

I am so, so jealous that you got to go to the pumpkin patch!! I've been trying to go on a Sunday afternoon but we've been rained out for the last few 🙁 In any case, these photos are gorgeous (Matt's handiwork?) and this is a perfect outfit for the occasion!

See you soon lovely!
    xox
    Jen

• Reply Jen October 24, 2012 at 5:51 pm

I am so, so jealous that you got to go to the pumpkin patch, Alex! I've been trying to go for the last few Sundays but we've kept getting rained out =( Anyway, these photos are beautiful (Matt's handiwork?) and your outfit is just perfect for the occasion. Casual but chic (and I learned after trudging in mud last year that wellies are mandatory for the patch)!

See you soon lovely!
    xox
    Jen

• Reply Kimberly October 24, 2012 at 5:59 pm

Such a gorgeous outfit – love the cozy snood and the camel skirt! Our family has a tradition of going to the pumpkin patch every year and getting pictures of the kids sitting on the hay – it's so fun to look back at all of them and see how much they've grown! 🙂

• Reply Linde Lou October 24, 2012 at 6:03 pm

I love it. You have great blog! <3

Would You like to follow each other?

• Reply Chloë October 24, 2012 at 6:30 pm

Verry nice outfit,I love your sweater!
    Beautiful!
    Thank you for the nice comment on my blog!

• Reply Katie- Hems for Her October 24, 2012 at 6:31 pm

I love that wispy dress layered with the chunky sweater. Very pretty 🙂 I don't really get into Halloween. I'm a loser, I don't care much for dressing up in costumes!

• Reply Cathy October 24, 2012 at 6:34 pm

Such a gorgeous fall look! Beautiful photo shoot and setting! Will definitely be including a shoutout to you in my next style inspiration post within the next week 🙂

• Reply Northern Style Exposure October 24, 2012 at 7:13 pm

I'm loving each and every piece! WOW, such a fall statement! This colour combo is perfect!

• Reply Tesa October 24, 2012 at 7:37 pm

great pics!

• Reply Kacie October 24, 2012 at 8:11 pm

These colors look great on you!!!!!!! My sister has been hating her hair (it's really long and silky and one length) so I told her to visit your blog and check out your hair. Now she is making an appointment to get hair cut like yours 🙂

• Reply glitzyblues.com October 24, 2012 at 8:14 pm

These pictures look straight of a magazine! You look amazing for Fall!!

Xo, Rachel
    Glitzy Blues

• Reply jules October 24, 2012 at 8:36 pm

i love these colours on you!

xo julesinflats.com

• Reply Buzz October 24, 2012 at 9:04 pm

Love it!

• Reply Seeking Style October 24, 2012 at 10:44 pm

Love your scarf!

xo Jennifer

• Reply JennyScribbles October 24, 2012 at 11:08 pm

I'm going as Alice in Wonderland (not toooo creative lol)
    Once I purchase a costume I always think of better ones 😛
    -Slutty Pumpkin (How I Met Your Mother)
    -Madonna (cone boob/blonde ponytail era)
    …You'd make a great Wonderwoman, but I'm assuming you've probably done that costume before?

Happy Halloween

xo
    Jenny

• Reply dreamingincashmere October 24, 2012 at 11:44 pm

You look so lovely in red!!! I dress the kids up, but I haven't really gotten into Halloween since my college days.:)
    xo, amy

• Reply Well... October 25, 2012 at 12:02 am

Perfect fall outfit to visit a pumpkin patch in! I love the autumnal colors 🙂

Trendy Teal

• Reply Manda October 25, 2012 at 12:30 am

You look so stunning I can hardly stand it! 🙂
    Eat Cake

• Reply Jodi October 25, 2012 at 3:21 am

Wow, the color of your scarf and sweater look amazing on you! Very beautiful!! xo J

• Reply WestmountFashionista October 25, 2012 at 3:33 am

You've turned pumpkin picking into one seriously chic activity! Love these colors on you.
    Jessica

• Reply The Key To Chic October 25, 2012 at 3:48 am

I don't have a costume yet, as I feel the same way about this holiday as you do! I love the fall foliage, and your outfit colors are insanely stunning! Happy autumn and pumpkin-picking!

• Reply Erin October 25, 2012 at 4:11 am

You look so great in red! I love how you mixed the sweater and scarf with the burgundy tights.

-Erin-
    OneTwoSummer

• Reply Marisa October 25, 2012 at 5:06 am

These pumpkin patch photos are adorable, as is your outfit! I'm not a Halloween fan either, and actually don't like the pressure of having to dress up for it, but I have to agree with you that the pumpkin carving is something I look forward to. Good luck with the costume this year!

Marisa

• Reply Mounette October 25, 2012 at 8:01 am

We don't Halloween here, very sorry about that. Somes children comes but not so many.

I like your look
    Kiss
    Aurélie

• Reply Patricia Ayuso October 25, 2012 at 9:35 pm

great outfit!!! i follow you now 😉
    i would love to follow me back because love your blog!!
    kisses

• Reply Petite Adventures October 27, 2012 at 1:52 am

Such a cute fall look!

Kate xo petite-adventures.blogspot.ca

• Reply Anet October 27, 2012 at 10:39 pm

you are sooo beautiful!

• Reply Lynn {hearted girl} October 29, 2012 at 1:41 pm

so fun Alex! i don't think i've seen a prettier girl in a pumpkin patch in my whole life!! you're gorgeous and aglow. baha, you as a Care Bear…man how i wish you'd post a pic of that cuteness. it'd be off the charts!

you know i don't own a pair of Hunter's (YET!) but they are so under the microscope to purchase. i adore how you've gussied them up here with maroon & red – wonderful compliment when put all together this way. xo ♥

• Reply fatima October 30, 2012 at 4:42 am

You are so flawless! I am in love with your blog and have followed you immediately. Your sense of style is so unique and absolutely stunning. I love your bright red sweater! These photographs are beautiful and very inspirational. Thanks for sharing! I have a new post up on my blog right now and I'd love to hear your thoughts on it. (: x

♡, Fatima (fashionpilgrim)
    Twitter: @fashpilgrim)
    Instagram: @fashionpilgrim

• Reply Célèste Brott of Fashion is Evolution October 31, 2012 at 5:53 pm

I'm not into the scary-moovie-marathon-haunted-house aspect of Halloween either, but I do love Halloween because I love costumes and because I love fall. For me, it's aaaaaallllllll about pumpkins and apples.