And Something Blue

October 26, 2012

Forever 21 dress, Club Monaco sweater, gloves, scarf & blazer,
Rebecca Minkoff bag, Aldo shoes, earrings c/o Poshlocket
 Speaking of obsessions, if there’s one thing I’ll always love, it’s huge soft men’s cashmere sweaters. I may have finally grown past my Bébé Rose phase (my faceless, creepy cloth doll that I carried everywhere with me for years), but now I tote these huge sweaters with me everywhere, almost like a more expensive and grown-up security blanky.
To make them work in public, I try to throw them over top of my more femme or bright pieces, like this high-low royal blue dress from Forever 21. Layer a cropped little sweater on top and add a more delicate bag and proportionally, voilà…proportionally, it works!
So I stillll have no idea what to be for Halloween…I mean, what’s wrong with me?! I can whip out a 600-word story in minutes but I can’t come up with a minimally creative costume idea? Pathetic. Have you fully committed to an idea yet?

Photos by Alicia

• Reply JennaStevie October 26, 2012 at 1:33 pm

I love this big cashmere sweater over the highlow dress, such a great balance of masculine and feminine. It looks sooo cozy too!! I can't get enough of big cozy sweaters.
    Haha, good luck with your halloween costume! It's hard to come up with ideas last minute I find.

• Reply Hattitude October 26, 2012 at 1:37 pm

Hattitude Style Blog

i love layering big sweaters over skirts and dresses for the fall. it's the best! alex you look so gorgeous with blue on.

as for halloween me and my boy are going as Sam and Suzie from Moonrise kingdom! ha
    just have to find the fish hook earrings 🙂

talk soon wild child
    -Hattie
    Hattitude Style Blog

• Reply Asher October 26, 2012 at 1:49 pm

You look so cozy & feminine!

• Reply Styleclouds October 26, 2012 at 2:01 pm

Wow, you look amazing! I love the classic blazer+sweater combo with the delicate skirt. Happy Friday! xo, Christina

• Reply Cee October 26, 2012 at 2:23 pm

Ha ha, no costume for me this year, so I'm afraid I won't be much help in the idea department – although it's been about three years since I've dressed up, even when I was living in Canada. Yep, I'm definitely the least festive person you know 🙂 I always love your layered looks, pally, especially the ones involving oversized sweaters. You pull them off so well! Miss you, girl!

• Reply Heather October 26, 2012 at 2:29 pm

Love your layered look! I'm a fan of comfy men sweaters too. I don't know when it comes to sweaters I like chunky and I like knits and softer feeling sweaters.

• Reply Naomi at The Occasional Indulgence October 26, 2012 at 3:03 pm

I could see you being a Greek goddess or fairy or something ethereal like that. But I think it would also be fun to see you as an evil Disney witch character. Like Maleficent!

• Reply Kimberly October 26, 2012 at 3:06 pm

Really love this outfit – it gives me some great ideas for how to transition my hi/low summery dresses and skirts into fall. Great layering as always!

• Reply Neris / Fashion Fractions October 26, 2012 at 3:09 pm

in love with your blue skirt! looking fab as always 🙂

xoxo,

Fashion Fractions

• Reply Wren KW October 26, 2012 at 3:34 pm

Your makeup is stunning today! I love it.

I might go as Rachel Green from Friends but I don't even know where I'm going.

• Reply Marsa October 26, 2012 at 4:13 pm

and you seriously always have the cutest scarves! i'm jealous
    oh and following you now 🙂
    love your blog

happyleeliving.blogspot.com

• Reply Wynne Prasetyo October 26, 2012 at 4:40 pm

aww i love this layered look <3

• Reply Mounette October 26, 2012 at 4:41 pm

Beautifull dress, blue! I love it!
    I think it was a skirt 😉
    Kiss
    Aurélie

• Reply Jen October 26, 2012 at 4:44 pm

This dress, tights & booties combo makes your legs look a mile long! And cobalt is definitely a great colour for you! Looking lovely as usual 🙂 looking forward to getting creative w you today (can't help but hope the rain lets up a little, though)!

Xox
    Jen

• Reply Gabriele October 26, 2012 at 4:52 pm

Nice scarf and love the pop of blue!

xo

• Reply Olivia Moone October 26, 2012 at 5:51 pm

your layers are perfect. such a great look!!!

oliviamoone.blogspot.com

• Reply Cathy October 26, 2012 at 6:35 pm

Fabulous layering! Love how you transitioned this sheer high-low skirt into fall! Happy weekend 🙂

• Reply Lovingiit October 26, 2012 at 6:39 pm

Love the sweater over the dress!

• Reply Minnie October 26, 2012 at 6:50 pm

That outfit looks really good. I totally like your purse 🙂

xoxo Minnie

colourofthewinds.blogspot.co.at

• Reply Mansini October 26, 2012 at 8:53 pm

Ale Ty ładna jesteś:))

• Reply Mansini October 26, 2012 at 8:53 pm

you are beautiful:))

• Reply Vanessa and Jana October 26, 2012 at 9:18 pm

You look so lovely, darling! 🙂
    All the best,

Jana & Vanessa from charming Berlin ♥

• Reply Manda October 27, 2012 at 1:08 am

Ahhh!! Scarf! 🙂
    It's wonderful.
    Eat Cake

• Reply Lindsey A. Turner October 27, 2012 at 1:30 am

I have a skirt like that and I didn't even think about taking it into fall/winter! Thanks for the inspiration!

Lindsey

• Reply t October 27, 2012 at 1:35 am

that's a nice blue! I like the hemline too!

• Reply SHOP STYLE CONQUER October 27, 2012 at 7:17 am

wow gorgeous photos!

x

♥ Ellen
    SHOPSTYLECONQUER.COM

• Reply Well... October 27, 2012 at 7:38 am

Oooh, gorgeous hi-low skirt, although the main stunner here is that scarf! So bold and cozy-looking 🙂

Trendy Teal

• Reply Meera October 27, 2012 at 8:01 am

That bag is absolutely stunning! I love the color combinations in this outfit.

xoxo, Meera

• Reply TheUrbanUmbrella October 27, 2012 at 4:13 pm

Wow Alexandra you look seriously stunning! Love the layering in this look and love the bright blue skirt <3

xoxo Bree
    The Urban Umbrella

• Reply Nikki | The Ginger Diaries October 27, 2012 at 5:54 pm

I stole my boyfriends sweater today. It's way to big, but oh so comfy! ^^ and warm, not to mention 🙂 I love how you styled this mens piece and managed to still look feminine 🙂 I'd look like a cube or maybe a potato sack, haha. x

• Reply Beauty Follower October 27, 2012 at 7:15 pm

Lovely bag & scarf!

• Reply Stefani October 27, 2012 at 8:23 pm

I really love all of your outfits! You always look perfect 🙂 I love huge sweaters too,this one is great! And that blue skirt is beautiful!

• Reply Fashion Lookbook October 28, 2012 at 1:03 am

You look amazing!

• Reply Northern Style Exposure October 28, 2012 at 5:12 am

I love this look! The scarf and half mitts are amazing pieces!

• Reply Rebecca October 28, 2012 at 6:11 am

You are certainly the best at layering your outfits….not a single outfit out of place!!!

REBECCA

• Reply Janna October 28, 2012 at 12:02 pm

Thanks for your lovely comment! This outfit is awesome, I especially like the gloves 😀 Would you like to follow each other? x

• Reply Ramona October 28, 2012 at 10:36 pm

I love layering and a especially different textures. You look is so effortlessly chic. Your tights are gorgeous too.
    Hope you had wonderful weekend!

xoxo Ra

• Reply Marie-Eve October 29, 2012 at 12:26 am

I absolutely adore every part of that outfit ! It's just perfect layering and the colors are amazing together. Looove !!! (also pinned on pinterest for future inspiration !!!) You killed it !

My Blog – A Pretty Nest

• Reply Sapir @ The Sapphire Queen October 29, 2012 at 1:39 am

What a cute skirt! I love the color and the high-low hem! And don't worry, in the winter time I'm definitely wearing my men-like sweaters more than I should, only I don't look as cute in it as you do!
    Sapir
    thesapphirequeen.blogspot.com

• Reply glitzyblues.com October 29, 2012 at 3:27 am

Loving that skirt and that striped scarf! You look like you walked right out of a magazine

Xo, Rachel
    Glitzy Blues

• Reply Lynn {hearted girl} October 29, 2012 at 1:35 pm

oh Alex, i love watching to see how your look is evolving. each time you post something new i get totally inspired by your classic, right on trend (without being trendy…a total talent!), color coordinated package!! i love this layered ensemble a bunch, the blue skirt is an unexpected touch that really pops. plus you can never go wrong with a smile like yours 🙂 beauty!

love me a huge-ish, warm cashmere sweater too. oh halloween, we kinda bailed this year. i got a bit of a cold so didn't get up to much over the weekend unfortch. hope you find the perfect costume lades, good lucks! xo ♥

• Reply Annie October 30, 2012 at 1:26 pm

I love love love all your layers Alex! Such a gorgeous outfit, and that scarf is my favorite 🙂

Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

• Reply Faith October 30, 2012 at 6:06 pm

i love everything about this outfit!