An Affair to Remember

October 25, 2012

Club Monaco coat, shoes c/o Joe Fresh, bag c/o Mary Nichols, Wilfred skirt (bought at Aritzia),
skinnies c/o Raven Denim, scarf c/o Little Burgundy, jewelry c/o Poshlocket
You know one thing that I’ve always loved about Sex and the City? It’s that stylist Patricia Field always gave Carrie a favourite piece that she’d wear obsessively for a few episodes, if not the whole season. There was the flower fixation, the horseshoe necklace and the ever-present fur coat in season one. I’ve always loved this little attention to detail because of course, this is how most women dress: we fall in love with one or two pieces at a time and put them into heavy rotation, working them into back-to-back looks for anywhere from a few days to a whole season.
I’d say my love affairs usually last about a week – last week, I was all about Brooklyn Design‘s arrowhead charm necklace, and this week, it’s this sumptuous wine-toned scarf from Little Burgundy. I wore it earlier this week with pumpkin patch apropos autumn leaf shades, and then yesterday I threw it on yet again for a little day of shopping and tea-sipping with Emaan (who also shot these pics – what a talent!).
Another new obsession? These stunning yet practical pony hair vamp heels from Joe Fresh. They have given me a whole new wave of fall style inspiration and trust me, I’m already a-plottin’ outfits.

• Reply pretty little things October 25, 2012 at 1:36 pm

that scarf looks so lovely and cozy! xo

• Reply Lotus Blossom Design October 25, 2012 at 1:57 pm

very cute! love those shoes xo

• Reply A Fine Balance October 25, 2012 at 3:18 pm

New loves are important! It makes sure that everything in your closet is loved : )

love the Joe fresh booties.

• Reply Heidi October 25, 2012 at 3:20 pm

It is so true that we all have our favorite piece that we can't stop wearing. Loving this scarf especially the color. -Heidi

• Reply alison*elle October 25, 2012 at 3:43 pm

I was wondering what those Joe Fresh heels look like on… they are cute! And that scarf looks so cozy.

xo, alison*elle

• Reply Kimberly October 25, 2012 at 4:00 pm

Oh my goodness – those shoes! I am dying over them and so upset I don't have a Joe Fresh store nearby…I wish they would open an online shop!!

• Reply JennaStevie October 25, 2012 at 4:11 pm

I really loved that about the early seasons of sex and city too, it was so relatable, I get obsessed with one thing and wear the shit out of it for weeks and months. And then it sometimes pops up a month, or a year later.
    I looove this scarf, it looks so cozy and is the most brilliant colour. The colour of your top and pants looks so great together and is such an unexpected combination. Wonderful look!!

• Reply Gabriele October 25, 2012 at 5:58 pm

Adore this 3-tones jacket and the brown heels! 🙂

• Reply Allison October 25, 2012 at 6:34 pm

Those shoes are amazing!
    🙂
    Allison
    A's Fashion Files
    Shop Kawaii Kitsch by A on Etsy!

• Reply nicola lynde October 25, 2012 at 7:11 pm

I've always loved that about Carrie's style too. The best is when something you've had for ages becomes an obsessed over favourite again. Great coat, I love all the pieces you have from Club Monaco.

• Reply Kristin October 25, 2012 at 7:49 pm

Just lovely! I'm obsessed with beautiful wine colored skinnies (like yours), but haven't yet found the perfect pair for myself yet. I like how you pared it with the unexpected lilac. Very pretty!

• Reply SaSou October 25, 2012 at 7:50 pm

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR COMMENT I LOVE YOUR CAMEL BAG XOXO

• Reply Jodi October 25, 2012 at 7:50 pm

I am LOVING your scarf for sure and hope you keep it around for more than this week:) and that was the next thing that caught my eye was those awesome SHOES!!!
    Still looks like the Vancouver weather is allowing for shoes.. lucky you 🙂
    oxoJ

• Reply Veronica P. October 25, 2012 at 8:01 pm

That chunky scarf add the perfect pop of color to this wonderful look Alexandra !

• Reply Carmen October 25, 2012 at 8:25 pm

Perfect bag! What did you choose for Halloween now? Or haven´t you found anything yet? 🙂

• Reply Penniless Socialite October 25, 2012 at 9:06 pm

I love those shoes! I agree with you. I definitely get obsessed with an item for a few days or weeks and wear it all the time.
    Tara
    Penniless Socialite
    Enter My October Giveway!

• Reply Francesca Giusti October 25, 2012 at 9:47 pm

love this scarf and also your blog! It's so nice!!! I follow you!
    Pass to my blog and if it likes you follow me too, I will be so glad 😀
    kisses

• Reply dreamingincashmere October 25, 2012 at 10:20 pm

I can see why that scarf has been your obsession lately, it's gorgeous!! Also, can I just say that I wish so badly that those pumps were in my closet! They are absolutely stunning! Love at first sight:)
    xx, amy

• Reply Kacie October 25, 2012 at 10:37 pm

With a scarf like that, how could you not want to wear it everyday?! 🙂 I love how big it is!

• Reply Kelli October 26, 2012 at 12:49 am

AHH. I have a similar scarf and I am equally obsessed! Love love it!
    Leopard and Lavender

• Reply Courtney Starr October 26, 2012 at 1:02 am

Those Raven skinnies are perfect! Love the color

girlavantgarde.com

• Reply Milna Mandusic October 26, 2012 at 1:15 am

Aaaah what a gorgeous face!
    Love the shoes and the oversized scarf.
    Recycling items is an art to me!

milna89.blogspot.com
    *********************

• Reply Katie- Hems for Her October 26, 2012 at 2:46 am

I never thought about it that way, but you just made me feel a lot better about the little obsessions I have! I love that burgundy scarf!

• Reply Jenny Lauren October 26, 2012 at 2:56 am

I completely agree. . .I do the exact same thing! My obsessions usually last a few weeks. That scarf is a fabulous colour and really perfect for Fall. Those shoes are really great too! Joe Fresh has some awesome shoes!

xo Jenny

• Reply Metajojuana Nyt October 26, 2012 at 3:34 am

Great blog!! Love all your pics!! Would you like to follow each other?

Love,Nyt
    from
    BIG hair LOUD mouth

• Reply Shari October 26, 2012 at 4:31 am

LOVE the scarf and your style is so SATC! 🙂 I love it! New follower in me here for sure! 🙂

♥,
    Shari
    The Misty Mom

• Reply Ana October 26, 2012 at 5:19 am

I love the bright orange soles of those Joe Fresh heels 🙂 Girl, your photos have been looking OUTSTANDING lately! Did you get a new camera/lens? Every single one looks like it should be in a magazine.

Can't wait to read future posts <3

• Reply Federica October 26, 2012 at 10:15 am

i love your shoes :):) i'm following you, visit my blog if you want 🙂
    Anordinarylifestylebook.blogspot.com

• Reply Sasha October 26, 2012 at 12:04 pm

I really love the color combination! Mixing blues and wine reds is my favorite this fall!

• Reply Faith October 26, 2012 at 1:46 pm

In love with your shoes!

• Reply Mancina October 26, 2012 at 8:38 pm

love the colors of the outfit, and the shoes are fab!

• Reply Petite Adventures October 27, 2012 at 2:11 am

The colour of your pants is awesome!

Kate xo petite-adventures.blogspot.ca

• Reply annie. October 27, 2012 at 9:46 am

OH! Big fan of that coat, it looks like it would go with so many outfits 🙂

• Reply Sarah @ CoopersCloset October 28, 2012 at 4:21 pm

I too have been living in scarves now that it is chilly out! I love the shoes, I've been looking for the right booties, I will have to check these out. You look great Alex!

Cheers,
    Sarah
    cooperscloset11.blogspot.com

• Reply Célèste Brott of Fashion is Evolution October 31, 2012 at 7:09 pm

That is such a good point about the styling on Sex and the City. I never really thought about it that specifically, but that was definitely one of the things that made Carrie seam so real. Right now, my obsessed is these sneaker wedges: http://fashionisevolution.blogspot.com/2012/10/what-i-wore-today-10202012-80s-hipster.html

I've literally worn them every single moment I could (not at work, not to the ballet, but everywhere else!) since I got them.