If You Really Knew Me

August 10, 2012

Wearing: Akiko silk top (from my friend Cee!), Talula shorts, H&M wedges & clutch

Poshlocket pieces: Ashby leather bracelet ($36 US), Autumn leaflet earrings ($24 US), Beatrice ladybug
necklace ($22 US), Bren flower ringlet duo necklace ($36 US), Christine crystal hoop earrings ($28 US)
Here’s another of the looks that I did for my lookbook with the wonderful NY-based jewellery retailer Poshlocket. I have been wearing their pieces non-stop, so if you’re looking for some great on-trend, affordable accessories, definitely give them a visit (and check out my lookbook while you’re at it!).
I saw an “if you really knew me” post on Megan of Across the Pond (a former Poshlocket lookbook blogger as well, actually!) and I thought it was a fun idea. Basically, it’s a disclosure of a few of those weird quirks that everyone alive has but that you generally don’t discover until you really get to know someone. Since we’ve all been buddies for awhile now, I thought I might steal the idea :). I’ll tell a few, and then you tell me something cool/quirky about yourself! Without further ado:
If you really knew me…
you’d know I have an inexplicable but at-times paralyzing phobia of walking down stairs…not up…down. And yet I’m not afraid of heights.
If you really knew me…
you’d know that I know everything…or at least I think I do. A lot of my sentences go something like this: “Well, here’s an interesting fact: did you know that Marc Bolan was actually a folk artist before he started up glam, and that he was hugely inspired by Druids? Did you know that? Did you? I did.”
If you really knew me…
you’d know that I’ve watched the whole Sex and the City series well over 40 times and have entire episodes memorized and will relate ANYTHING in life to it. For example: “It’s like that time that Aidan was trying to help Carrie by buying her that new laptop and she was like ‘Nooooo you don’t get me!’. I’m having to deal with the exact same thing right now.”
If you really knew me…
you’d know that I hated high school more than anything in the entire world and that if I was literally paid $10 million I wouldn’t relive my time there. Eveeeeeeeer! University was when I had all my good youthful years.
If you really knew me…
you’d know that I’m impervious to cold water but hate the winter. You know that scene in Superstar when she jumps splay-legged into the pool (I do cause I just watched it on Wednesday)? That’s me. But then as soon as December rolls around I’m in 48 sweaters and glowering in the snow.
Okay your turn! What’s something that makes you special/different/quirky that not everyone knows about?

• Reply Neris / Fashion Fractions August 10, 2012 at 1:56 pm

loved reading this and finding out more about you! such a pretty look; poshlocket jewelry never disappoints 🙂

xoxo,

Fashion Fractions

• Reply Stesha August 10, 2012 at 2:18 pm

just fun facts! I love Sex and the City too! Its amazing :)you look beautiful as always!

xxS

• Reply Christin Koglin August 10, 2012 at 2:46 pm

I remember the stairs… and a picture of a hand formed to a gun pops up in my head

I definetly remember the city…with it Marlboro Lights and mint chocolats…the sex came later…

I remember high school… not a lot of wisdom settled down in my brain, but a whole lot of good memories, don´t look back at it in such a negative way!

If you really knew me… you'd know that the closest feeling of a father-daughter relationship was at a dddd…

If you really knew me, you'd know that I give a crap about fashion…my interest lies in other things, but I never miss one post from you, thats how I follow you… your my sister, my friend, and I so glad to say that I am very proud to see that you have become your very one Carrie Bradshaw…only better!

Love, Christin

• Reply helen at thelovecatsINC August 10, 2012 at 2:49 pm

great post, loved reading it!

from helen at http://www.thelovecatsinc.com // @thelovecatsinc

• Reply Asher August 10, 2012 at 3:25 pm

LOVE that top!

• Reply Leonie August 10, 2012 at 4:03 pm

Ah that shade of blue always looks great on you! I like how you layered different necklaces – the ladybug is my favorite 🙂

xo Leonie

• Reply Cee August 10, 2012 at 4:30 pm

You are too funny, pally. I pretty much knew all of these things about you… except the Sex and the City one. I guess we do have our differences – probably best if I don't use a blog comment to start on my thoughts about that show 😉 I just have to tell you, I loved seeing my former blouse pop up in the Poshlocket lookbook. It suits you far better than it ever did me 🙂 Happy Friday!

• Reply Shannon August 10, 2012 at 5:33 pm

I've watched Sex in the City over 40 times as well. I love it and can't get enough.

• Reply Bonnie August 10, 2012 at 5:40 pm

I would never, ever, ever go back to high school. It was a horrible time in my life!
    I might need to borrow this shirt from you — and then never give it back. Because that's what friends do.

Twitter: @GlamKitten88

• Reply Faith August 10, 2012 at 5:49 pm

this was so fun to read! i felt like i just got to know you! a

and i'm with you about SATC.

you look fabulous, have a wonderful weekend!

• Reply nicola lynde August 10, 2012 at 6:27 pm

So cute. I'm the absolute same with SATC, watching it with my two best friends is maddening because at any given point at least one person is mouthing the lines before they've been said. And terrified of moths, read completely paralyzed, hide under the blankets until some one removes it scared.

• Reply Ramona August 11, 2012 at 2:59 am

First of all : You look wonderful. Blue brings out your eye colour so beautifully. That printed clutch is fab.
    Second: So great facts about you. I hated my high school as well.University was just great. Love SATC.I don't have a clue how many times I have seen all series, but I love to go back and watch them again.It's my everlasting love affair 🙂

xoxo Ra

• Reply sharon lei August 12, 2012 at 8:20 am

I hate going DOWN stairs, too! lol. Perhaps it's because I've fallen down a few stairs in my past. haha.

Hope you're doing fabulously, Alex… come swing by to enter my Alainn Bella giveaway!

xx Love & Aloha

• Reply Kacie August 12, 2012 at 8:40 pm

I love learning about my favorite bloggers! Great post!

• Reply Kate August 13, 2012 at 2:00 am

Such a fun post! Neat getting to "know" you better! & you are smokin' in these photos! Gorgeous, lady!

• Reply Katie's Bliss August 13, 2012 at 3:20 am

I hated high school too! It was fun getting to know more about you 🙂

katiesbliss.com

• Reply k come karolina August 13, 2012 at 11:56 am

great photos! stunning!!!

xoxo from rome
    K.
    kcomekarolina.com

• Reply Célèste Brott of Fashion is Evolution August 13, 2012 at 10:24 pm

I'm definitely gonna do one of these posts. Stay tuned.

And I must admit to having seen all of SATC about 40 times as well. Not only do I related things in life to it, but if something happens in my life similar to something that happened in an episode, I have to go and watch that episode immediately.