Back in a West Coast Groove

August 27, 2012

Shoppalu pieces (available on STYLE/STALK): Zen B. Capri Coast maxi dress (on sale for $119 down from $198)
Other pieces: Gap sandals, vintage bag, H&M sunnies

Poshlocket pieces: Ashby fringed leather bracelet ($36 US), Dena Statement necklace ($36 US), Harlow Arrow bangle ($22 US), Joan Cone studs ($20 US)

This is the last of the lookbook series! I’m wearing a whole plethora of silver courtesy of Poshlocket, which went perfectly with the cool navy and white stripes of this Zen B. dress from Shoppalu (still on sale at STYLE/STALK!).

I’m finally back in Vancouver!! Or actually, now I’m on the Sunshine Coast relaxing with my family (and dog, of course) – I took my first dive in the Pacific Ocean in months, hung out with bro and sis in the canoe until Bailey freaked out and started swimming after us (he’s old so we had to haul it back to shore) and now I’m eating freshly picked blackberries with my dad’s pancakes. So all in all, it’s been pretty chamazing, and I definitely needed a nice rest after the most ridiculous journey here ever (late wake-up, panicking/scaring the airline employees by tearing up because I was so late, a “faulty” sleeping pill that I took on the plane cause I’m a nervous flyer [aka a pill that just makes you really dizzy and cray but doesn’t actually put you to sleep])…it was all pretty ridic. But I’m here now and loving it!
Excited to share with you all my new adventures in my old town :). Happy Monday everyone!

• Reply Naghmeh August 27, 2012 at 3:47 pm

love the dress! and wow that faulty pill must have been one scary experience but now you're back and happy 🙂 did you move back for good or are you going to come back to Toronto?

• Reply Shannon August 27, 2012 at 4:20 pm

Lovely dress and I love your arrow bangle.

• Reply Pins, Needles & Fashion August 27, 2012 at 4:37 pm

Love the dress on you but most important I love how this look is styled. Your bracelets are perfect especially the arrow one, and that bag is amazing.

• Reply Faith August 27, 2012 at 4:50 pm

gorgeous outfit! the dress looks amazing on you!

• Reply Katie- Hems for Her August 27, 2012 at 5:37 pm

Love this maxi dress and all the silver. Welcome home!

• Reply Marie a la Mode August 27, 2012 at 5:49 pm

I love, love, love your maxi dress! And it's such a great summer-to-fall transition piece, too. I bet you're so happy to be back on the west coast! Hope your internship went well!

• Reply Erin August 27, 2012 at 5:57 pm

I love the laid back vibe of this outfit. The striped, slouchy maxi and leather bracelets are awesome!

-Erin-

• Reply JennaStevie August 27, 2012 at 6:16 pm

Waking up late is the absolute worst!!! Glad to hear you made it home and are enjoying quality time with the family 🙂 that must be so nice. I loooove this maxi dress the patterns awesome and so is your necklace

• Reply Michelle Foster August 27, 2012 at 6:24 pm

Omg! sounds like a crazy pill. I would be freaking out that it didn't work right. Enjoy your time on the sunshine coast. I have to find a B&B out there to have a mini vacation at.
    Love this dress!
    -Michelle {LiveLoudly}

• Reply Cee August 27, 2012 at 6:35 pm

Wow pally, sounds like you had a wild ride to get home! But the important thing is you're here now, looking as gorgeous as ever (hello, maxi dress… if only you wouldn't drag on the ground on me.) and we will be seeing each other so soon. Cannot wait!

• Reply pretty little things August 27, 2012 at 6:43 pm

love the dress – the belt really pulls the whole look together! xo

• Reply Anna (South Molton St Style) August 27, 2012 at 7:58 pm

Welcome home! Love that dress, absolutely gorgeous xx

South Molton St Style

• Reply Small Town Gal August 27, 2012 at 8:12 pm

Love your dress! Glad you made it back home safe.

• Reply Kacie August 27, 2012 at 9:18 pm

I love that arrow bracelet!

• Reply Katelyn Thomas August 27, 2012 at 9:34 pm

I would have to agree with everyone on the arrow bracelet it's so fun and I love your necklace

kateylady.com

• Reply WestmountFashionista August 28, 2012 at 1:43 am

Welcome back! Love the dress and the arrow bracelet is fabulous!
    Jessica

• Reply Just Another Shopaholic August 28, 2012 at 2:49 am

The arrow bracelet is beautiful and so is that dress.

• Reply Wren KW August 28, 2012 at 3:39 am

I'm so glad you're back on the coast! I head back to Victoria in less than a week and I can't wait to dive into the Pacific as well!!

Wren

• Reply Melissa August 28, 2012 at 4:31 am

I feel like the stylish/comfiness of this outfit would make it my favourite to wear.

You look lovely and I look forward to seeing you on Weds!

Melissa

• Reply nicola lynde August 28, 2012 at 5:50 am

Enjoy being back on the west coast! I definitely enjoyed every second of my summer there. Vancouver really is a fantastic city. That dress is summer dressing perfection.

• Reply TR August 28, 2012 at 5:31 pm

I love the dress! It has such a pretty nautical look to it.
    The silver jewelry is stunning as well.

T – http://cashmereandcrimson.blogspot.com

• Reply Marisa August 29, 2012 at 1:36 am

Welcome home, Alex! I can't believe your internship has already come to an end, but it must be nice to be reunited with your dog, family and the ocean. Your lookbooks have been so fun to see and this one is especially fantastic. A maxi dress plus stripes and jewelry? Win, win, win 🙂

Marisa

• Reply Girl and Closet August 29, 2012 at 1:39 am

So excited to hear you're back and sorry I didn't get a chance to email you back. I've been sick, sick… but I'd absolutely love to see you soon and gawd, I adore this dress + you've styled it beautifully!! Enjoy your getaway, can't wait to hear all about it. xo

• Reply Sandy Joe August 29, 2012 at 2:01 am

WELCOME BACK TO THE BEST COAST! That bracelet is easily the best thing ever. Loving all the accessories.

x The Pretty Secrets