Style Panel: Arm Party

June 20, 2012

H&M top, necklace, wedges and bracelets, Marc by Marc Jacobs bag, Club Monaco bracelet,
Birks bracelet, Lucca Couture pants c/o Diverse Group
Check it: my fourth Style Panel contribution for FASHION Magazine!! This week we were asked how to do an arm party or layering any jewellery for that matter without looking too overdone. I am actually a big fan of lighter arm parties (or “arm get togethers,” a term I coined that I have a hunch will go viral) as it is, so I already had a plan as soon as we were given the Q. My main tactic is to choose one bracelet as an anchor piece and to simply layer around it until it feels “done.” I picked my Club Monaco Bonnie wrap bracelet in this case and just kept adding in bracelets of a similar colour palette until it felt just layered enough without going overboard.
And with that, I’m off to work! PS check out your August issue of FASHION…I’m mentioned in the masthead along with the other interns there. One for the fraaaames!
Oh and PPS doing a big comment bonanza tonight, looking forward to seeing what you’ve all been up to!
Happy hump day! x

• Reply JennaStevie June 20, 2012 at 4:22 pm

You level of arm get together is perfect. I love the bracelets, and these pants are fabulous. Great look!

• Reply Tara St June 20, 2012 at 5:13 pm

I think this is a great recommendation on how to properly have an arm party. Thanks!

Tara
    Penniless Socialite

• Reply Sanjana June 20, 2012 at 5:19 pm

Love the pants!

herdollface.blogspot.com

• Reply Shubana Koss June 20, 2012 at 5:24 pm

Love your look 🙂 Chic and casual !

Shubana
    CoeurDecors

• Reply Pins, Needles & Fashion June 20, 2012 at 6:09 pm

I love those pants! chic and perfect look! you look stunning as always.

• Reply Kacie June 20, 2012 at 6:40 pm

I want polka dot pants!

• Reply Petra June 20, 2012 at 7:10 pm

I love polka dots and I love your style. Looking gorgeous.
    xo, Petra

Take a look on my new Outfit Post with a pretty Giveaway http://waw.sweetsoflife86.blogspot.com

• Reply Erin June 20, 2012 at 7:18 pm

Yup, I like how you did a light arm party that's interesting without going overboard. Those palazzos are fabulous on you too!!

-Erin-

• Reply jules June 20, 2012 at 8:17 pm

love the 'arm get together', especially for summer it's nice and light 🙂

xo julesinflats.blogspot.com

• Reply Cee June 20, 2012 at 8:29 pm

Arm get-together! You make me laugh, pally 🙂 It looks like your Toronto summer is still way outscoring our lame weather, although the sun is finally out today. I have been passively considering your suggestion that I just up and move to TO 😉 Seriously though, you are looking gorgeous as always – I always love it when you whip out these wide-legged trousers (and will never forget the process of trying them on in Janice's bathroom, lol!)

• Reply Mrs C ♥ June 20, 2012 at 8:38 pm

Loooove those pants! And I'm totally in love with arm parties too. Nicely done! Congrats on seeing your name in "lights!" :o)

• Reply pinkandplum June 20, 2012 at 8:43 pm

I'm with you on the "arm get togethers" 🙂 I'm much more a fan of a lighter more delicate look since I have weirdly small wrists. And congrats on your mention in the magazine- thats so exciting!!

• Reply Katie- Hems for Her June 20, 2012 at 10:22 pm

I like your arm get together so dainty and cute, but girl, those pants! I love them! You always manage to look so elegant and chic!

• Reply Wren KW June 21, 2012 at 3:52 am

Love it! I'm so excited about your internship and I love love love reading about it.

Wren

• Reply Britta June 21, 2012 at 4:20 am

Just read the style panel for this week! Great job on layering bracelets! It's something I've always struggled with; I've never been very good at wearing more than a piece or two, but the way you've styled them here is totally do-able! Great job

~Britta

• Reply The Key To Chic June 21, 2012 at 6:45 am

Love hearing about your internship and your projects! I'm so excited for you! The wide leg pants look so elegant!

• Reply sweet harvest moon June 21, 2012 at 8:37 am

Pretty!

• Reply Michaella June 21, 2012 at 11:05 am

The whole outfit is simply gorgeous! <3

Quite A Looker

• Reply Alison June 22, 2012 at 5:28 am

Loved this entry on the style panel! And your palazzo pants look amazing on you!

• Reply Marisa June 22, 2012 at 6:55 am

Oh, your arm "get-together" is so chic and not overdone at all (love your term too, it's very cute). I like how your bracelets are all in the same neutral colour scheme. And yay for seeing your name in the masthead! I remember the first time I saw my name in a masthead and it was a very exciting day. Definitely frame it!

Marisa

• Reply nicola lynde June 22, 2012 at 12:42 pm

Gorgeous. I love the monotone 'get-together' you've got going on. I'm so much more of a neutral kinda girl that is is way more in line with my style than I lot of arms out there.