Guest Post: Kate of O My Heart!

May 7, 2012
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Aloha! So I’m actually on the last day of my vacation here in beautiful Maui, which means today marks the last guest post on the blog! Kate of O My Heart! is a fellow Canadian who embodies everything that a lot of people don’t usually associate with the Great White North: elegance, glamour and ladylike sensibilities. Not to mention some absolutely amazing taste in music – I always look forward to her song of the week feature!

I hope you all enjoyed the guest bloggers featured here over the past week and a half – all the ladies are some of my absolute favourites and constant sources of sartorial inspiration. I feel so honoured that they shared their style here. Just to keep you in the loop, I’ll be doing a quick recap of what has turned out to be an incredible vacay on Wednesday and then I fly out to Toronto Thursday morning! A bit whirlwind but that’s how I function best so I’m happy with it. Hope you all have a great Monday! xx

Hi! My name is Kate and I write the blog O My Heart! I was thrilled when Alex asked me to write a guest post for her while she is off frolicking the beaches of Maui (quite literally, if you’ve been catching her instagram pics!)
I’ve always been a huge fan of stripes, but this spring, more so than any other, I seem to have become a little obsessed! I can’t get enough! So I thought I’d share my little obsession with you, and show some of my recent outfits that involve stripes!
What about all of you? Do you have a go-to print?
Big love to Alex for having me! I hope you are having an amazing time on your vacation, lady! And to all of you, thanks for reading, and feel free to come visit me over at O My Heart!

• Reply Jull May 7, 2012 at 3:12 pm

wow! that cute outfits!
    I also love my stripes! but his obsession is stronger!
    congratulations as well combine them! : D
    kisses!

• Reply Sam May 7, 2012 at 3:37 pm

Great guest post…especially because I have a slight obsession with stripes, I really loved all these striped outfits, they look so chic and never date.

• Reply Kacie May 7, 2012 at 3:42 pm

I've been loving stripes lately too! I need to add more to my wardrobe 🙂

• Reply Sandy Joe May 7, 2012 at 4:08 pm

Digging all the print mixing going on here! Especially when stripes are involved. Consider me a new follower!

x The Pretty Secrets

• Reply Lynn {hearted girl} May 7, 2012 at 4:11 pm

i'm just a hot mess over anything striped and usually end up with a barricade of it over my arm when on a shopping spree. this post gives me so many awesome ideas for future outfit references and insp. LOVE IT!!! Kate is stunning in each and every shot! what a pretty girl 🙂

happy homecoming Alex, it'll be brief but i sure hope your final time here in Van is a beautiful thing. wishing you all the love going forward into this newness that awaits you. sweet stuff!!!! xo ♥

• Reply Alison May 7, 2012 at 5:40 pm

I'm really loving stripes this year as well. I used to be so scared of them, but now I'm obsessed. I think I might actually wear them too much…

Thanks so much for all the guest posts! It's so great to discover new blogs that I hadn't ever visited before 🙂

• Reply carrievintage May 7, 2012 at 6:09 pm

great blog, i'm a new follower 🙂

• Reply Isabel Bianchi May 7, 2012 at 6:12 pm

Didn´t know this blog before but I´m a huge fan of stripes, so I´m gonna check it right now!!
    Enjoy your holidays in Mawi! I loved Hawaii!!
    xxoo
    MY LITTLE SUEDE SHOES

• Reply jamie May 7, 2012 at 8:22 pm

she is adddorable! fan, for sure =) i love stripes, too! <3 katie, youre adorable! and alex hope youre having the time of your life babe!

xx james

• Reply Marisa May 7, 2012 at 8:47 pm

I'm super obsessed with stripes too, can't stop wearing them! I really enjoyed all the guest bloggers you featured while you were away. Some I already follow and some were new, it was nice to see different styles all together in one place. Enjoy the rest of your vacation!

Marisa

• Reply jules May 7, 2012 at 9:38 pm

i love 'oh my heart', thanks for featuring kate!

looking forward to hearing about your fabulous vacay!

xo julesinflats.blogspot.com

• Reply Cee May 7, 2012 at 11:10 pm

Kate! This post had me in heaven – stripes have been my go-to print since I was in my teens. In fact, they're one of the only prints I'll wear and you have so many beautiful printed items in this post, I was practically drooling! it also reminded me what a shamefully long time it's been since I've visited your online home, and I think I need to fix that right now. Especially since I might find even more striped wonders to behold 🙂

• Reply Kate May 8, 2012 at 1:04 am

Thanks for all the sweet comments, everyone!! xo.

• Reply Fashion Tales.... May 8, 2012 at 4:42 pm

I really adore stripes and the ways that they're worn here. Great accessories as well! -xo

• Reply Floortje May 8, 2012 at 6:46 pm

I really love your blog dear!
    Keep posting and go for it 🙂

XO

• Reply becks May 8, 2012 at 7:54 pm

i love stripes too and adore all of your variations!

• Reply Julye May 8, 2012 at 8:16 pm

love all your pictures and outfit!!
    Your J crew dress looks stunning 😉