Older but none the wiser

April 11, 2012

Everly dress f/ Barefoot Contessa, Lost & Found blazer c/o Spank Clothing, ring c/o Social
 Experiment, bag c/o Mary Nichols, Forever 21 cuff, bfrend bracelet, H&M ring

I’m officially 25 now! I feel so…wise. And by that I mean I feel absolutely the same. Just a teeny tiny bit worse for wear after a few glasses of wine last night.

I had such a great birthday yesterday – lots of food, lots of love and lots of fun times with friends. I’m celebrating later today with my family and from the hints my sister has dropped, I have a lemon and raspberry cheesecake to look forward to!!! Anyone who knows me knows I’m obsessed with anything lemon, especially when combined with raspberries. I actually eat lemon curd out of the jar. It’s…disgusting.
So Monday’s post featured a birthday present from my little sister, and today’s post features my older sister’s present to me – this beautiful maxi from Everly, which we picked up from Barefoot Contessa! I feel like I’m still a bit pale for the soft colours but Maui is just around the corner now and I fully plan on returning to my bronzed summer self. SO excited.
Oh and thank you so much to everyone who sent me birthday wishes yesterday – it really means a lot!
Happy humpday loves. xx

http://www.facebookloginhut.com/facebook-login/Follow To Vogue or Busthttp://www.facebookloginhut.com/facebook-login/

• Reply Jessica Gitler April 11, 2012 at 4:42 pm

happy belated birthday girl … you look wonderful, I just love that dress!!
    jess
    JESS CAUSE BLOG

• Reply fashionenvie.net April 11, 2012 at 4:53 pm

I love your dress πŸ™‚

• Reply alison*elle April 11, 2012 at 4:54 pm

Happy (yester)birthday, Alex!! The dress is gorgeous and will be perfect for beaching too!

xo, alison*elle

• Reply Marisa April 11, 2012 at 5:04 pm

Gorgeous dress and I'm glad you had a great time celebrating your birthday yesterday!

Marisa

• Reply Andie Willows April 11, 2012 at 5:11 pm

happy bday once again. glad to hear that you had a lovely time. you look really nice in this long dress!

xoxo, andie
    Fashionista's Pick

ENTER MY GIVEAWAY HERE

• Reply Marie a la Mode April 11, 2012 at 6:02 pm

What a gorgeous birthday present! It looks beautiful on you! Glad to hear you had a nice birthday! Enjoy that raspberry lemon cheesecake. I'm not a fan of cheesecake but I love lemon and raspberry together, too. Especially with lemon merengue. Okay I'm going to stop now cause I'm salivating at my desk.

• Reply two birds April 11, 2012 at 6:22 pm

happy birthday, gorgeous! you look good in any color, any time of day! have a fabulous day!!

• Reply Erin April 11, 2012 at 6:37 pm

You look lovely! This dress is such a beautiful print and styled beautifully with other neutrals and just the perfect turquoise pop! Love it! Also, where are the shoes from? I love them!

-Erin-

• Reply pink horrorshow April 11, 2012 at 6:38 pm

Happy birthday again, Alex! You look gorgeous! The big 2-5 πŸ™‚ I'm about to be there myself actually.

Mm, lemon. I agree any desserts with lemon are soooo good although I've never quite reached the point where I ate lemon curd out of the jar πŸ˜› Nutella maybe..

• Reply Joana April 11, 2012 at 7:35 pm

Happy belated birthday! I love this outfit, especially love that you wore that turquoise bracelet with it – it's so contrasting πŸ™‚

xo Joana

• Reply becks April 11, 2012 at 7:38 pm

happy belated! your dress is gorgeous!

• Reply Megan April 11, 2012 at 8:12 pm

Beautiful maxi dress, what a great birthday gift! Glad to hear you had a nice birthday – and lemon/raspberry cheesecake sounds amazing πŸ™‚

• Reply Leah April 11, 2012 at 8:47 pm

Beautiful dress. Hope you had a great birthday!

• Reply Anna (South Molton St Style) April 11, 2012 at 9:01 pm

Cute, love the bracelet! Happy belated birthday xx

South Molton St Style

• Reply Shannon April 11, 2012 at 9:45 pm

Happy Birthday! Love your dress.

• Reply Am2Pm Chic April 11, 2012 at 10:13 pm

the print is amazing..

thanks for the sweet comments and visit us again.:)

selvia

• Reply The Key To Chic April 11, 2012 at 10:32 pm

Aw, happy birthday to you! I love lemon curd on crackers – yum! Hope your birthday was super special. You look incredible!

• Reply WestmountFashionista April 11, 2012 at 10:33 pm

Happy birthday and what a gorgeous dress, I loved the blazer paired with it!
    Jessica

• Reply Gigi April 11, 2012 at 11:04 pm

Happy birthday dear. I wish you a lot of new clothes and shoes for this new year.
    xoxo

• Reply Mallory April 11, 2012 at 11:13 pm

Happy (belated) birthday! Enjoy your cheesecake, it sounds delicious πŸ™‚

• Reply Dear Girl Wallflower April 11, 2012 at 11:25 pm

your presents are pretty, i took a peek of the other ones too, i think the blue color is more bold and though you sink a little bit here, the length still made you appear like wonderful mannequin. Happy Birthday!

• Reply Lovers, Saints & Sailors April 12, 2012 at 12:03 am

Happy (now belated) birthday!
    I absolutely love these colours on you. That blazer is just gorgeous!

• Reply Liv April 12, 2012 at 12:11 am

What a beautiful maxi dress. It's sophisticated and sexy – perfect dress for a 25th birthday. Hope you had a great one and your loved ones spoiled you rotten!

• Reply Cee April 12, 2012 at 12:48 am

I'm so glad to hear you had a great birthday, pally – you deserve it πŸ™‚ And you definitely got some very impressive gifts to add to your closet, this Everly maxi is a dream. It looks beautiful now but I think it's going to look even better on the the beach in Maui πŸ™‚ Hope you have a wonderful celebration tonight, and I can't wait to see your beautiful face next week!

• Reply Well... April 12, 2012 at 1:07 am

Aw, sounds like a fantastic day for you! Glad it was πŸ™‚
    You look absolutely lovely. Maxi dresses always look so elegant yet perfect for any casual day. This one you got is the perfect tribal print for summer!

Trendy Teal

• Reply jules April 12, 2012 at 1:50 am

happy belated! loving this outfit too

xo julesinflats.blogspot.com

• Reply Katie's Bliss April 12, 2012 at 1:53 am

I love the background in your photos! It looks so pretty! Not to mention the gorgeous print of your maxi dress! Great look once again πŸ™‚

katiesbliss.com

• Reply jess April 12, 2012 at 2:56 am

Happy birthday! I love the jacket.

• Reply Wren April 12, 2012 at 3:22 am

Happy Birthday! This outfit is a stunner. I love it. The blazer and maxi combo is something I may need to try out.

Wren

• Reply Katie- Hems for Her April 12, 2012 at 3:34 am

Ummm, you can sign me up for some of that lemon and raspberry cheesecake! Have you ever had Krispy Kreme doughnuts? They're a staple here in the South and they make lemon filled and raspberry filled doughnuts. They are heaven!

• Reply pinkandplum April 12, 2012 at 3:36 am

Such a great pattern on the dress!

• Reply JennaStevie April 12, 2012 at 3:56 am

This maxi is so gorgeous, it has amazing tones in it and is perfect on you!! Love it with this jacket too. I am impressed you're only a little worse for wear after birthday celebrations πŸ™‚

• Reply Dipendenti statali April 12, 2012 at 4:21 am

Wow your look is so pretty and you are beauteaful.Happy birthday.Daniela

• Reply out of order April 12, 2012 at 4:36 am

you look beautiful, happy belated b-day! <3

Meghan
    outoforderdesign.com

• Reply Lexxie` April 12, 2012 at 5:56 am

The dress is so amainzing! I like very much the colours on it!
    It looks so pretty on you!
    Happy 25!

• Reply DNA (designers+artists) April 12, 2012 at 6:32 am

Happy 25!!!
    xo

• Reply fluff and fripperies April 12, 2012 at 8:33 am

Great to hear you had such a lovely birthday. Love the dress – good taste obviously runs in the family!

Emma xo

• Reply Suzi Maynard April 12, 2012 at 10:11 am

You look great! Love your birthday maxi dress.
    Suzi x
    For the Love of Audrey

• Reply Gabriele April 12, 2012 at 1:19 pm

Happy (late) birthday! πŸ™‚ You look beautiful and young..adore that pretty maxi dress!
    Much love, Gabriele. xx

• Reply little moon lover April 12, 2012 at 1:32 pm

Glad you had a great bday..if you wore that blue dress from the previous post..well..that's a really cool look… I always wear red on my birthdays…it's my favorite color but I save it for special ocassions..my birthday, christmas or new year, perhaps a huge event in town or something like that… and the rest of the year I'm wearing black haha… anyway..cool dress in this post.. perfect for summer

• Reply Asher April 12, 2012 at 1:34 pm

I love that dress – such a beautiful pattern and colors!

• Reply Amy April 12, 2012 at 1:52 pm

I love this look! Nah, you aren't pale. If you want to see pale then check out the post I did a few days ago. Sheesh, I probably shouldn't be sporting shorts with my winter white legs!

Amy

fashionandbeautyfinds.blogspot.com

• Reply Sunkissed April 12, 2012 at 2:06 pm

Happy Birthdaaaay!
    I love the maxi print so much! & those tan accents just add to the loveliness – I'm glad you had a great day!

• Reply yiqin; April 12, 2012 at 4:47 pm

you totally rocked the dress <3

• Reply A&M April 12, 2012 at 4:56 pm

Happy Birthday darling! Sounds like you've had an amazing time. You look great in this dress, love how neutral and soft it looks! Such an adorable dress, your sister did good! We're thinking its perfect for Maui too!

xoxo

A&M

• Reply Sandy Joe April 12, 2012 at 5:43 pm

Happiest birthday lovely! I cannot get enough of your maxi dress, the pattern is unreal.

x The Pretty Secrets

• Reply Heather Jean April 12, 2012 at 6:24 pm

gorgeous! I love the pop of color on the wrist.
    -Heather Jean

• Reply Natalia April 12, 2012 at 6:58 pm

Hi, Alexandra! Thank you very much for taking the time and leaving another comment on my blog, I really appreciate it!
    It is pleasant to hear that you had a great birthday party πŸ™‚ You know, I turned 25, too, just a few weeks ago, and I also celebrated with a very small amount of people.
    This is a beautiful present you got from your sister (you are lucky to have so many πŸ˜› ), I love how you added the turquoise touch to the beige and brown.

• Reply thehautecookie April 12, 2012 at 8:21 pm

awe thanks alexandra!! thank you for the compliment, and i can only return in back- this outfit is so lovely~ I love how you can do orange like that, I can't pull that off =( love the slight pop of color on your wrist. It's always that tiny little accessory that does an outfit. xO!

• Reply Buzz April 12, 2012 at 9:23 pm

Love the details!

Thx for your comment =) I'm already following you. Wanna do the same on my blog? =)

Love,
    Laura

• Reply Jacquelyn April 12, 2012 at 9:34 pm

Happy belated! Glad you had a good time πŸ™‚ Love the boho feel to your outfit!

XO J

• Reply CΓ©lΓ¨ste Brott of Fashion is Evolution April 12, 2012 at 9:46 pm

Ooooh, the lining and elbow patches make that blazer super covetable in my book!

• Reply Sam April 12, 2012 at 10:27 pm

Hi sweety, good to hear that the birthday went off with a bang! I think this is the first time I'm seeing you in a maxi dress…you look beautiful, you have the height to pull it off with grace. Like the addition of the blazer, so chic!

• Reply Courtney Erin April 12, 2012 at 10:40 pm

Gorgeous maxi and happy birthday! I'm gearing up for mine tomorrow…it will involve wine for sure.

Courtney ~ http://sartorialsidelines.com

• Reply Alison April 12, 2012 at 10:43 pm

Wow, such a gorgeous dress! I love maxi dresses so much and this one is so perfect πŸ™‚
    I love your blog — I'm following you now πŸ™‚

• Reply Mila April 12, 2012 at 10:47 pm

amazing dress, love it!

• Reply Heather April 12, 2012 at 11:48 pm

OOOO I love your dress!!! I love how it makes you look so long and tall. The color and the pattern are great and so loving the blazer as well. I'm glad that you had a very happy birthday!!

• Reply Jessica April 12, 2012 at 11:54 pm

love the little pop of aqua, nice touch!

-jessica

• Reply Petite Adventures April 13, 2012 at 12:27 am

I love everything about this look – the colours are fantastic! You look stunning!

• Reply Maria Bastida April 13, 2012 at 12:58 am

oh la la! looking super sophisticated and pretty πŸ˜‰

• Reply Joyce April 13, 2012 at 1:09 am

This dress is gorgeous too! I love that pattern and yay the blazer has elbow patches, cute πŸ™‚

• Reply Danie April 13, 2012 at 1:55 am

Lovely outfit! Your blazer is amazing!

• Reply An To April 13, 2012 at 2:16 am

love the maxi dress with the blazer so eclectic! love your style and happy belated birthday!

• Reply Jennifer April 13, 2012 at 3:46 am

The print on this dress is so great!

xo Jennifer

• Reply Ivana April 13, 2012 at 5:48 am

Happy belated birthday! I know exactly how you feel, I will soon turn 26 and I still can't seem to find the difference πŸ™‚ Anyhow, you look fantastic and I'm sure a summer tan will suit you like a gant πŸ™‚

Have a wonderful day!

xx Ivana
    Macarons and Pearls

• Reply Leonie April 13, 2012 at 5:53 am

This dress is so pretty! I can definitely picture you wearing it in Maui!

xo Leonie

On Top Of The Hill

• Reply Awake My Soul April 13, 2012 at 7:54 am

You are so pretty! Gosh, that dress looks good on you, i like the way you combined it.

souvenirspourtoujours.blogspot.com

x

• Reply Yuliya β™₯ April 13, 2012 at 9:12 am

You are so pretty ! πŸ™‚
    Bisous
    Yu'

• Reply the provinciale April 13, 2012 at 10:06 am

You look awesome in that dress, so a late happy birthday to you
    Love
    StΓ©phanie

• Reply Cloudline Chic Flows April 13, 2012 at 10:13 am

Happy bilated birthday dear!! You look beautiful and so charming! πŸ™‚ The maxi dress suits you perfectly and you must be one lucky gal having such a sweet sister to prepare you your favorite cheesecake! πŸ™‚

Kiss kiss

• Reply Heather April 13, 2012 at 10:47 am

Love the maxi – and you look so perfect in soft colors! You for sure are wiser πŸ™‚

XO

• Reply Ana in fashion April 13, 2012 at 1:35 pm

You look fabolous!

Kiss!
    Ana

• Reply My Alexa's Store April 13, 2012 at 2:20 pm

Looks great! Love your photos!
    Kelly

• Reply Temporary:Secretary April 13, 2012 at 2:54 pm

Happy belated birthday, lovely! Looking pretty in a maxi! Thank you for your comment, i did do the layout myself but luckily not too difficult! x

• Reply Bonnie April 13, 2012 at 3:37 pm

Happy, happy, happy birthday! I love this outfit. The jacket over the feminine dress edges it up a lot.

Twitter: @GlamKitten88

• Reply annchica April 13, 2012 at 4:44 pm

You look stunning! This dress fits you so good, and I love it πŸ™‚

If you have time please check out my blog, and if you want follow for follow just message me about it, I would love that! πŸ™‚
    http://annchica.blogspot.com β™₯

• Reply charity victoria April 13, 2012 at 7:26 pm

oh my goodness, you are gorgeous! I love that dress as well, your sister has good taste. and happy late birthday, it sounds like you had a fabulous time. πŸ™‚

• Reply Secret garden April 13, 2012 at 7:44 pm

you look great, I adore your jewellery;)

• Reply The Rubber Doll by Pepa April 13, 2012 at 8:57 pm

love it!
    u look great, my dear πŸ™‚

• Reply el armario de mamen April 14, 2012 at 2:51 pm

bonito blogg!!!!te sigo
    elarmariodemamen.blogspot.com

• Reply Audrey April 14, 2012 at 3:29 pm

Lovely look !!! πŸ˜‰

xoxo

• Reply Lynn {hearted girl} April 14, 2012 at 7:18 pm

Alex, happiest (way too belated) birthday wishes!!!!! you look smashing and my gosh what great taste your sisters have. superb gift choices they gave you!!! ever since i met you i thought, this girl is wise beyond her years. so therefore that whole thing about being older but none the wiser doesn't apply to you cos you already got all the wise ways wound up tight for decades to come!!! cheers to you and much love. xo β™₯

• Reply Ceciliette April 15, 2012 at 6:08 am

Great dress.. i think iΒ΄ve already told you happy bday!! but just in case πŸ˜‰
    And i love the… wise part! hahaahahahah WeΒ΄re young.. 25 is nothing!!!

• Reply theM.A.D.creationist April 16, 2012 at 1:42 pm

Great dress! love the look!

Giuseppe