Auld Lang Syne

December 31, 2011

Top left photo courtesy of StyleQuotient, bottom right photo courtesy of Viranlly Liemena

While picking out pictures for my year in review, I slowly became aware of how much has actually happened in just one year. I was in and out of doctor offices for the first couple of months of the year dealing with the dog bite on my face and all the complications that happened as a result, then finally feeling better and tackling the internship route, then heading off to Mexico for a wonderful vacation with Matt, then a gong show in Vegas with some of my girls, then working at Ishara and getting some great experience in the public relations world, then my whirlwind application to school, then starting journo school in September, then…well now my fingers are exhausted.

To say the least, it’s been a very full year. Despite the bad, I remember the good more than anything, and at the end of the day I think that’s the true mark of a good year. I feel very blessed for all the relationships that I’ve developed in the blogging world and in my “real world”, for the amazing opportunities that have come my way, and for the love and support I receive from so many incredible people, including you if you’re reading this!

I hope you all have a great time ringing in 2012 tonight, and that the new year presents only good things to you and your close ones! Thank you for all your support, it means the world to me. Happy New Year’s!

http://www.facebookloginhut.com/facebook-login/Follow To Vogue or Busthttp://www.facebookloginhut.com/facebook-login/

• Reply Clara Turbay December 31, 2011 at 11:40 pm

My best wishes for you in this new year.
    Great blog.

• Reply angela.matina December 31, 2011 at 11:51 pm

SO much has happened this year! i think our blogs definitely made us a lot closer and i'm happy for that. i'm excited to what 2012 will bring! HAPPY NEW YEAR! xoxo

• Reply Cee January 1, 2012 at 12:07 am

Happy New Year my beautiful pal. I'm so glad that 2011 (and our blogs) brought us together – and brought you into my camel dress from Zara (love that it made the review, you wore it so beautifully!) Can't wait to see more of your lovely face in 2012 🙂

• Reply Small Town Gal January 1, 2012 at 2:19 am

Wishing you a very happy and healthy 2012!

• Reply pinkandplum January 1, 2012 at 2:29 am

Happy New Year! I hope it is amazing!!

• Reply Kat January 1, 2012 at 5:34 am

happy new years! ^-^

katslovefashion.blogspot.com

• Reply Fashion Cappuccino January 1, 2012 at 6:44 am

Alexandra! You're such a lovely person and I'm so grateful to know you! I appreciate all your thoughtful comments on my blog even if I couldn't respond back as fast as I'd like. Wishing you a great New Year and lots of joy and success for 2012! xoxoxo

• Reply Wren January 1, 2012 at 8:01 am

Happy New Year! I wish you good things for 2012.

Wren

• Reply Suzi Maynard January 1, 2012 at 9:06 am

Happy new year Alexandra! I look forward to us keeping in touch via our blogs. x
    Suzi x
    suzimaynard.blogspot.com

• Reply The life after January 1, 2012 at 12:08 pm

Amazing outfits!!! Happy 2012!!

The Life After

• Reply Gabriele January 1, 2012 at 4:50 pm

sounds like you had a good year, lots of stuff happened for you. keep blogging and keep shining! happy new yearr! xx

• Reply La Mode Operandi January 2, 2012 at 12:00 am

It is so amazing how fast time flies, one year feels like one month!
    I totally thought I found your 'married and buried' outfit with link! Darn! That nymag website caps the designer collections til 2005, so stupid. so maybe it was beyond that.

Hope you had an awesome New years!

• Reply Jo January 2, 2012 at 3:49 am

It is crazy how fast the time has gone – and you have been through so much! <3 Here's to an amazing new year!

x
    Lost in the Haze: Fashion Blog

• Reply The Key To Chic January 2, 2012 at 5:38 am

I'm so glad I found your blog, and I'm excited to see more from you in 2012! Happy new year and cheers to a stylish and incredible 2012!

• Reply Jen January 2, 2012 at 6:06 am

What a year you've had, Alex! I've loved following along on your journey of your blog growing as well as all of the interesting things that happen in your life- I live vicariously through all of your fun adventures! Hope you had a fun (but safe) new year and I can't wait to see you again soon! Here's to a great 2012!
    xox
    Jen

• Reply Fashion-Bridge January 2, 2012 at 12:22 pm

Your words are so true: despite all bad we should always remember only good things! and besides without negative how would we experience positive then?:) I'm glad to hear that your year was very exciting, full of events and in the end of the day very good one! I wish you all the best in the coming year! And I'm loving talking a look back at all your beautiful and stylish outfits;)

Xx

Alexandra

• Reply Hannah January 2, 2012 at 1:45 pm

Happy new year doll!

xoxo, H

• Reply Megan January 2, 2012 at 5:22 pm

Happy New Year!! I absolutely love all of the outfits you chose to showcase. I am so happy to have found your blog and want to thank you for your continual support of mine! Thanks for all the fashion inspiration you've provided, and I am so looking forward to seeing more of your lovely photos/outfits in 2012!!

• Reply Sandy Joe January 2, 2012 at 6:19 pm

Love the recap – seeing as how I became a follower later in the year! It appears I need to do some back-reading. Amazing photographs none the less. Here's to another year of excitement!

x The Pretty Secrets

• Reply amuseume January 2, 2012 at 8:13 pm

Great review post! I love the looks you chose and really appreciate how you try to change your silhouettes with different looks and pieces while still having a distinct aesthetic unique unto you.

• Reply ilovebananana January 2, 2012 at 9:00 pm

every single outfit is amazing!!!

• Reply Lynn {hearted girl} January 2, 2012 at 9:10 pm

totally terrific and amazing review re-cap Alex! those are some of my personal all-time faved looks of yours! yes, the last year definitely had its whack moments but you sure have triumphed and prospered amongst the baddies. cheers to a fabulous 2012 lades, may it be a smooth navigation process filled with many blessings! xo ♥

• Reply my mini bag January 2, 2012 at 10:26 pm

2011 was quite a year for you. Glad you enjoyed most of it and hope you enjoy 2012 even more.

Love your recap of all of your outfits.

myminibag.blogspot.com

• Reply sugarhoneybaby January 2, 2012 at 11:12 pm

Happy New year,wishing you all the best!:)

• Reply lisa January 3, 2012 at 2:50 am

It really has been a big year for you! Wishing you all the best in 2012.

• Reply The Midwest Muse January 3, 2012 at 3:54 am

You look like a model. Sounds like you've had a crazy year. Hope this year is a little better.

• Reply JennaStevie January 3, 2012 at 5:31 am

A dog bite?! That sounds terrible, not fun at all. But I am glad you seem to be better, you`ve had a very stylish year and it sounds like it`s been a good one otherwise. Love the outfits 🙂

• Reply Josie January 3, 2012 at 6:18 am

You had a VERY busy year, my dear! Wishing you nothing but fabulousness in 2012.
    xo Josie

• Reply Miss Kwong January 3, 2012 at 1:18 pm

u are just sooo romantically gorgeous.

love all recap.

happy new year!

Miss Kwong – Art and Fashion

• Reply Alba January 3, 2012 at 1:36 pm

Great looks 🙂

Happy new year!

xo

• Reply Leah January 3, 2012 at 7:13 pm

These photos are beautiful! It sounds like you had a great year, I hope that 2012 brings many more wonderful opportunities for you.

xo L.

• Reply Taj Acosta January 3, 2012 at 8:04 pm

Happy New Year dear! I have a feeling it's going to be a fabulous one! xo -Taj

• Reply Andrea January 3, 2012 at 10:04 pm

Ummmm ok. You have ridiculously AWESOME style, do you want to be my best friend?! 😉 haha. But really, you've totally inspired me!

I'm a new follower, love your blog!

Happy New Year!

Andrea

• Reply alicia January 4, 2012 at 2:46 am

such beautiful looks from the past year! happy belated new year doll.