RGB Spectrum

October 26, 2011

Club Monaco coat & necklace, Rebecca Minkoff bag,
ModCloth skirt, H&M belt & tank, Sam Edelman
booties, Urban Outfitters sunglasses

Cee and I did a mini-swap the other day, which is why you’ll probably see me in a bunch of her pieces over the next few weeks. Being the lovely person that she is, she very kindly answered my prayers and lent me her red ModCloth skirt that I’ve been coveting for months. And by “prayers”, I mean I emailed her and explicitly asked her for it. Since I never shy away from colour, I decided to add my equally bold Rebecca Minkoff bag and royal blue H&M tank to the skirt for a bright fall look.

Can you believe it’s Halloween already next week?! Seriously, where did the time go? I feel like I’ve been speeding through this term so quickly, it’s actually kind of scaring me!

What are you all going as for Halloween anyway? I think I’m going as a sushi roll…not exactly sure how I’m going to pull that one off yet, but I feel like it would be an easy enough DIY project. Hope you’re all having a happy hump day!

• Reply alison*elle October 26, 2011 at 5:47 pm

Ah, a sushi roll is such a cute idea for a costume! If you do it, definitely post pictures since I want to see the interpretation.

I remember lusting after that CM coat… kind of wish I had bought it!

xo, alison*elle

• Reply Alexandra October 26, 2011 at 6:25 pm

I love the skirt! I like how you mixed the 2 brights together… great outfit! I went to a halloween party last weekend… I will be on a work trip this weekend through halloween 🙁

But, I went as a wild jungle woman! Haha! I needed to make something in 30 minutes. Went to the fabric store… bought some furry cheetah material, tropical fake flowers and some vines! It actually turned out pretty fantastic… no sewing machine needed!! Good luck making your sushi roll! 🙂

xo
    Alexandra

• Reply JennaStevie October 26, 2011 at 6:46 pm

This skirt is sooo perfect, I love it!! The bright blue and red look amazing together, especially with the classic trench.
    A sushi?! Thats so cute, I have a few options, perhaps a ragdoll, a zombie, or a superhero (depending on what I still have laying around/cheap to make)

• Reply GIRL AND CLOSET October 26, 2011 at 7:20 pm

Haha, I love the idea of a sushi roll costume -SO cute!! And this look is to die for lady, I'm absolutely loving it. The strong colours look beautiful and I love that you threw a neutral hued trench into the mix -fabulous look!! xo veronika

• Reply Leonie October 26, 2011 at 7:27 pm

Sushi roll- that is the most awesome costume idea I have ever heard! Can't wait to see an outfit post with it 😉

I really like your outfit here, the bright colors look lovely together and the jacket gives it a bit of a 'neutral edge'.

Feeling Bold

• Reply Cathy October 26, 2011 at 9:19 pm

My FAVORITE colors and they are WOW on you!

• Reply Marie a la Mode October 26, 2011 at 9:46 pm

You look so pretty, Alexandra. You did such a great job color blocking! And your photos have been amazing lately. Sorry, I have no ideas for Halloween! I am no help at all! I think I've just been too busy with everything else going on in my life that I haven't even had time to think of a costume.

• Reply MizzJ October 26, 2011 at 10:54 pm

Hahaha sushi roll sounds adorable! Please post up pics of the result 🙂 Color is a must-have I think for eternally grey Vancouver winters. The red and blue looks great here!

• Reply lisa October 26, 2011 at 11:00 pm

I love the colour-blocking in this outfit; red, blue and turquoise go together so well.

• Reply Sandra @ModCloth October 26, 2011 at 11:36 pm

We love how you styled this outfit, Alexandra! What a great way to brighten up an autumn day. 🙂 We can't believe it's almost Halloween too!

Sandra @ModCloth

• Reply Natasha October 26, 2011 at 11:51 pm

Gorgeous colour blocking! Brights look so great with beige!

Natasha ~ Required2BeInspired

• Reply Chic in Vancity October 27, 2011 at 1:15 am

Love your outfit, the mix of the blue and red is so eye-catching! I hear yah, the year is zipping by! Before you know it, it is going to be Christmas :s
    Im going as a 1920's flapper for Halloween, will post pictures 🙂
    Bella xo

• Reply Cee October 27, 2011 at 1:24 am

A sushi roll? How exactly do you plan to pull that off? To be honest, if I dress up for Halloween, I go in the same costume every year; Holly Golightly. It's not even really a costume, it's just a black outfit with gloves and a tiara… But I digress 🙂 I hardly recognised my red skirt, you wore it so very, very differently than I ever have. And I love it. The bright blue looks so beautiful in contrast, and you know how much I love your gorgeous Minkoff. Hope you had a lovely day, darling. Sad we didn't see each other last night, hopefully soon!

• Reply Julie October 27, 2011 at 4:18 am

Great Jacket!

• Reply Gear October 27, 2011 at 7:35 am

thank you dear <3, follow you on google, follow me back? kisses

• Reply BEBE October 27, 2011 at 8:53 am

I love it! i love the colors. 😀 I love how you matched everything.. <3

P.S. I followed your blog via GFC, hope you can follow back 🙂

• Reply Arden October 27, 2011 at 9:33 am

LOVE the coat! xx

• Reply LADIES AND THE CITY October 27, 2011 at 12:07 pm

Love your outfits!!! Have a look at my blog and see how you like it!.We talk about fashion, spanish designers, life in the Middle East, styling tips and much more!

Would you like to follow each other???

Greetings from Qatar!

• Reply lisa signorini October 27, 2011 at 3:51 pm

Thanks so much to visit my blog!!
    Hope you'll be my new follower!(follow back, of course!)

Have a wonderful day!

• Reply Cara October 27, 2011 at 3:54 pm

love the brights under that fabulous trench…gorgeous as always Alexandra!!
    xo Cara

• Reply Ellie October 27, 2011 at 4:38 pm

I love the colors in this post! Also loving the fall theme of the last post!

-Ellie

• Reply brookemeagan October 27, 2011 at 7:08 pm

I love the bright colour collaboration! I tend to shy away from colour for whatever reason, but this look makes me want to break out of my neutral shell. And what a gorgeous trench!! Can't wait to see your interpretation of a sushi roll. Aaron and I have an idea of what we're going as, but the actual making of the costume and finding the right pieces isn't going all that well yet. So I guess it will be a surprise. Hopefully there won't be another costume meltdown like last year ha! xo

• Reply Bonnie October 27, 2011 at 9:06 pm

The colors in this dress are just stunning. The coat looks great with it, too. I love a good, billowy coat.

Twitter: @GlamKitten88

• Reply Sweet Harvest Moon October 27, 2011 at 9:59 pm

Love your shoes!

• Reply Caterina Salvietti October 28, 2011 at 9:08 am

Hi, really nice blog! 🙂 you’re so stylish!
    I would like to ask you if you spent in my blog, there is a GIVEAWAY! You can a MOSCHINO umbrella of the new winter collection! To participate go to this link:

• Reply Ulrika October 28, 2011 at 5:21 pm

You look gorgeous !

I love the colours of this outfit, the vibrant red and electric blue looks awesome with those earthy tones. Love the booties and the bag, too. 🙂

Kisses !

/U
    pug-a-licious

• Reply abeautifullife.ca October 30, 2011 at 2:19 am

A sushi roll – what a funny idea. Want to see pics for sure. I think I saw a picture of Gwen Stefani one year as a fried egg – hilarious.

Loving the colour block and the attention to detail on the necklace, clutch and shoes.