Rendez-vous d’automne

October 24, 2011

Zara dress, vintage belt, Club Monaco tights, clutch &
necklace (worn as bracelet), H&M booties & ring

I’m a summer girl through and through, but there’s something to be said for these beautiful late October days. Aside from the obvious sartorial benefits of the season (so many more options), the warm-hued leaves on the trees and on the ground beg to be played in. Given that my dear friend Cee of Coco & Vera lent me this amazing latte coloured Zara dress that perfectly suited the kaleidoscope of warm colour outside, Matt and I decided to take a stroll through Stanley Park and play in the leaves! Such a perfect fall day.

Hope you all had a great weekend too! Oh, and if you were wondering…I did fulfill my mission of letting loose this past Friday. Definitely felt the aftermath of it all through Saturday, but sometimes you need to just throw caution to the wind and embrace vodka. So worth it after the week I’d had.

On that note, I actually have another night out tonight: the Jack Webster Awards! It’s an awards ceremony recognizing excellence in journalism and will be hosted by good old Lloyd Robertson. I spend about 9-10 hours a day typing away in a windowless computer room with the 14 other people in my program five days out of the week. Needless to say, we’ve all gotten to know each other pretty well in a pretty short amount of time. It should be awesome to get a chance to let loose together and have some fun tonight for a change! Have an amazing Monday loves!

• Reply Cara October 24, 2011 at 4:18 pm

Oh Alex…this is such a gorgeous outfit!! Love how you styled the dress, the belt and clutch with the tights are all such wonderful choices…and with the beautifully colored background, this is one of my favorites from you!! Glad you had a fun weekend,
    xo Cara

• Reply Ashleigh Nicole October 24, 2011 at 5:39 pm

So gorgeous, I love this look! The stockings are such a great touch to this dress!

xo Ashleigh

• Reply lisa signorini October 24, 2011 at 5:47 pm

amazing post!!!

Visit my blog and if u want follow me!!!! I follow back!

have a wonderful Monday!

New post on my blog!

• Reply Gear October 24, 2011 at 6:07 pm

gorgeous, great outfit and pics <3<3<3<3, follow each other? xoxo :**

• Reply lisa October 24, 2011 at 6:15 pm

You look beautiful in these photos! Love the pleat details in the skirt of that dress, and the neutral tones seem so perfect for fall. Also digging the beautiful fall foliage behind you. Evidently I wasn't the only one out for a crisp autumn walk and photoshoot this weekend. 😉

• Reply JennaStevie October 24, 2011 at 6:19 pm

"throw caution to the wind and embrace vodka" best thing i've heard ever.
    These photos are AMAZING, I love this dress, such a perfect colour on you and those tights are awesome with it. I have a serious Vancouver craving right now

• Reply brookemeagan October 24, 2011 at 6:33 pm

This is SO gorgeous Alex! I love the colour palette and the way you styled the dress. Perfection!! I'm so jealous that you still have such beautiful colourful leaves to jump around in. Fall is already making its exit in my corner of Canada. Soon I'll be embracing snow. And perhaps vodka lol So glad you got to let loose over the weekend. Have fun tonight!! xo

• Reply The Style Box October 24, 2011 at 6:39 pm

Wow! You look absolutely incredible! I'm totally getting all Pinterest on this post! That close up shot of the details of your outfit is splendid! 🙂 x

• Reply My 2 Pesos October 24, 2011 at 7:02 pm

Beautiful colours!!

• Reply Alexandra October 24, 2011 at 7:08 pm

I am in love with this dress!!! Zara is the best! All of the neutrals look really great up against the fall leaves! Your makeup looks so pretty!

xo
    Alexandra

• Reply AiRene October 24, 2011 at 7:10 pm

Love the scene and amazing photos! you look stunningly gorgeous, lovely dress! and your make-up fit perfectly as well.

• Reply MizzJ October 24, 2011 at 7:42 pm

Lovely photos, especially that first one! I'm so lusting after your belt too, it's such a perfect cognac color.

• Reply Marie a la Mode October 24, 2011 at 9:45 pm

Wow, this is my all-time favorite outfit posts of yours! That dress is stunning on you, you look absolutely gorgeous in it. And I love the location you took these photos in. Have fun at the event tonight! And I'm glad Caroline gave you some great advice. She's such a sweetheart and so supportive of everyone in this industry : )

• Reply India October 24, 2011 at 9:51 pm

so cute! love it!

• Reply Laksmono October 24, 2011 at 11:58 pm

So stunning!

• Reply Cathy October 25, 2011 at 12:27 am

I love your blog! You are absolutely stunning! Following! 🙂

• Reply Cee October 25, 2011 at 1:23 am

Oh Alex, you did such a beautiful job with my dress! It fits you like a glove 🙂 I love the way you styled it, and all of the fallen leaves in the background are absolutely gorgeous. I love the added brightness from your lipcolour, the redish shade really pops against the oranges and browns. Glad to hear you recovered after Saturday 🙂 Hope you're having a wonderful week so far, love.

• Reply Deilaina October 25, 2011 at 3:16 am

OMG… You are so gorgeous I am like literally sitting here dying. Haha, your figure is amazing. <3 Brown ultimately flatters you to no end. /girlcrush

Love your blog.

• Reply Julie October 25, 2011 at 3:26 am

That first pic is amazing! I have that dress in red. Love it so much. Check out my blog if you get a chance!!

Julie

• Reply Julia October 25, 2011 at 3:52 am

Absolutely love this look! You are so gorgeous and carmel is your color. Love this dress!

xo Julia
    galmeetsglam.com

• Reply GIRL AND CLOSET October 25, 2011 at 4:19 am

I'm in LOVE with this outfit Alex, what a gorgeous look and surroundings. Ah, I'm just head-over-heels for fall this year, it's been beyond splendid! Oh, and I'm also loving these photos they are looking SO pro. Gorg. xo veronika

• Reply Jen October 25, 2011 at 7:18 am

My favourite post of yours ever?! Definitely! I can't say enough good things about this. You look incredibly gorgeous and the styling you did is beautiful. I love how you stayed in the same colour palette because I feel like often times I am so caught up in trying to make an outfit interesting that I don't remember to do this! And the leopard accent & gorgeous belt are the perfect finishing touches.

Also, Matt's photography skills seem to have exponentially improved! Is this with your new camera?!

Hope you are having a great week lovely!
    xox
    Jen

• Reply Lily October 25, 2011 at 7:26 am

Hey pretty lady,

I love these photos of you, especially the first shot! Let's get together soon. We have SO much to catch up on!

XOXO,
    Lily

• Reply Leonie October 25, 2011 at 7:33 am

You look absolutely gorgeous! This neutral color suits you so well and I love all the details (the tights are stunning and the lip color is the perfect share of pinkish red). Oh, and I think that first picture is amazing. I have tried the leave throwing thing up in the air, but that didn't work out. Never thought of throwing it towards the camera, great idea 🙂

Feeling Bold

• Reply Fabrizia Spinelli October 25, 2011 at 10:35 am

I like your style, you’re so pretty in these photo!And the outfit is so chic!
    Take a look at my blog, and if you like it follow me, I’ll be waiting for you!

Cosa mi metto???

• Reply cakesandshakes October 25, 2011 at 11:18 am

Tan looks great on you, I like the way you styled this! I have a similar tan dress like this from Zara, and you have just reminded me, must pull it from my closet!

Cakes

• Reply Cylia October 25, 2011 at 3:25 pm

hey girl:) you're such a classic beauty.. incredible make-up!

• Reply two birds October 25, 2011 at 3:30 pm

i love all the details of this outfit…red lips, the tights and those great booties! and i'm glad to hear you had a great friday night!

• Reply Mimi October 25, 2011 at 5:57 pm

Hope you had fun on your night out! I'm a fall girl for sure…my fave saeson. This outfit is the perfect choice for this time of year…love it!

Aesthetic Lounge

• Reply Pop Champagne October 25, 2011 at 8:14 pm

you're so pretty and I LOVE your leopard clutch! it's romantic with the leaves falling in the background. lovely pics!

• Reply Alicia October 26, 2011 at 2:45 am

I was looking at some other post in here and you look great in everything you wear. I like the style.

• Reply Lucija October 26, 2011 at 8:14 am

I gotta say, I LOVE your blog.

XO,
    Lucija
    WLL

• Reply Friend in Fashion October 27, 2011 at 10:08 pm

This to me is the perfect look!

Dress is gorgeous and the leopard adds the perfect touch, not to mention the gorgeous girl wearing it all!

Luv,
    Friend in Fashion
    x

• Reply Tinu October 29, 2011 at 4:04 am

super cute!! I love that colour on you.

• Reply abeautifullife.ca October 30, 2011 at 2:22 am

Congrats on your award. And your outfit? perfection.

• Reply Matina October 31, 2011 at 5:35 pm

OMG this outfit is amazing!! i love it. you look so beautiful. this might be one of my favourite posts ever. looks great! x

Matina

• Reply Anonymous January 27, 2012 at 4:10 pm

that outfit is in tune with your beautiful body, the colour really accents your assets….amazing…