Within days, a package filled with goodies was delivered to my door. In it were Jemma Kidd’s I-Telligence Eye Perfector & Brightener and Blushwear Cheek in Paw Paw. Since receiving them, I’ve worn both obsessively. Both products are perfectly in keeping with my personal philosophy regarding beauty and cosmetics: less is more. These two little beauties are not only good for your skin, but they also bring out your features in a natural and beautiful way. And for those nights out when you want to up the glamour in your look, both work wonderfully as bases for eyeshadow, eyeliner, highlighter, and more.
Here’s a little how-to for a quick and effective day look. It will take five minutes tops, promise! Trust me, I was running late for the Vancouver blogger clothing swap I was headed to that day and I somehow managed to pull this look together at lightning speed to get there on time (well, basically on time…five minutes late is usually the norm for me)!
1. After prepping skin with powder, apply Jemma Kidd Blushwear Cheek to apples of cheeks.
2. Extend to cheekbone, rubbing in a circular motion. Blend well!
3. Voilà! If you want to achieve a natural but polished look, you could throw on a couple coats of mascara and be done! But since I was on my way to an event, I carried on with the eyes…
4. Using the thick end of the Jemma Kidd I-telligence Eye Perfector & Brightener, smooth product across entire eyelid.
5. Extend cream base towards outer eye.
6. Using the thin end of I-telligence Eye Perfector & Brightener, line lower and upper waterline.
7. You could either stop at this stage for a bright-eyed natural look or continue on with this base for eyeshadow/eyeliner!
8) I decided to do a little winged eyeliner using my Bobbi Brown gel eyeliner in Caviar (and I’m sorry, from this point on please excuse my slack mouth – does anyone else do this when applying eye products too?)
9) Two coats of Cover Girl’s Lash Fusion Mascara and I was set!
10) The finished look.
After years of battling with my sensitive skin, I also finally found a cleanser from eBeauty.ca that’s gentle enough to balance my skin without drying it out: Declaré’s Gentle Cleansing Milk. It has worked wonders for my skin and the consistency of it is absolutely luxurious. Definitely a new skincare staple from now on!
eBeauty.ca carries everything from Caudalie to Cargo Cosmetics and as an added bonus, any orders over $25 receive free shipping! Instead of waiting in line for 20 minutes at Sephora, do a quick browse through eBeauty.ca’s wonderfully edited selection of labels and relax!
Hope all you lovelies are having a good week so far! I’m still figuring out how to juggle everything with my courseload, but I feel like little by little, I’m beginning to adjust. The one glitch is that I may have a cracked pelvis…unsurprisingly, I’m not too happy about that. You may remember from my As Far As I Can See outfit post that a DJ table fell on me last weekend. Well, the past two days were a bit more painful than usual in the ol’ pelvic region so I finally went to the doctor today. After having her poke at my pelvis in what I perceived to be an unnecessarily aggressive way (my whimpers didn’t seem to deter her at all, odd), she sent me to go get X-rays. Oh, how I love the freak accidents I always seem to wind up in!
In all seriousness though, I hope it’s not anything too serious and I may try to stay out of trouble for a little while! Maybe a long while. Well, long enough to let my pelvis heal 😉