Blogger Birthday Party and Swap

September 28, 2011

A week and a half ago I got together with some of my favourite (and very fashionable) ladies. Not only was our monthly clothing swap due, but incidentally, most of the ladies in our little blogger group have September birthdays. To celebrate both happy occasions, the wonderful Cee of Coco and Vera and her amazing husband Ian hosted a joint birthday party and swap at their place.

The lovely ladies in attendance: Veronika, Cara, moi, Lynn, Jen, Cee, Alicia, and Louise.

The beautiful birthday cake! Ian made this – what a guy.

Birthday girls with their birthday tiaras!

Not a siiiingle boyfriend.

The explosion of clothes pre-swap.

Of course, everything must be photographed. We’re bloggers after all.

Jen showing her pieces – I managed to nab her orange and white printed skirt, can’t wait to shoot it this weekend!

Pretty prints!

Alicia…so cute.

Jen’s sweet boyfriend David capturing our group.

Alicia laughing at what was undoubtedly a hilarious joke by me.

Little known fact of the day: bloggers ♥ shoes.

All the ladies!
Love is right. It’s always such a pleasure to get together with these wonderful women for our monthly meet-ups. They’re continuously inspiring and supporting. I feel so lucky that we have such a great fashion blogger community here in Vancouver. For an industry that’s supposed to be filled with shallow and cut-throat people, I’ve been fortunate enough to have only met the kind ones so far.
Speaking of kind people, thank you so much to Lynn and Cee for these wonderful images! I just got a new camera and have been struggling a bit with settings so the girls really saved me by letting me use theirs!
Hope all of you are having a great hump day (such a creepy/dirty expression but I love it)!
Images courtesy of Ian Lloyd and Lynn

• Reply Cara September 28, 2011 at 7:29 pm

Such a fun post, I always love our meet ups, you are always so fun to be around and have such wonderful photo ideas…it is so true that this is an amazing group of ladies, we are so lucky!
    xo Cara

• Reply GIRL AND CLOSET September 28, 2011 at 8:07 pm

Yay! I adore you Alex, & how fab that we've all been able to meet via our blogs. And I agree such a sweet & supportive group. I'm so glad to belong to this fantastic blogging family. xo v

• Reply MizzJ September 29, 2011 at 12:44 am

Aww what an extremely fashionable gathering for Vancouver!

• Reply Cee September 29, 2011 at 12:44 am

I've been reading everyone's posts about our meet-up this week and all it gets me thinking is that we need to have another oh-so-soon. Our little blogger family really does feel like a family, only, you know, better, because we all chose each other 🙂 So glad we have you to be the girl with all the crazy photos ideas 😉
    PS: I've finished with your H&M dress, so let me know when you have a little time to get together so I can give it back to you!

• Reply Leonie September 29, 2011 at 3:35 am

Haha – hump day. I totally agree with you that it sounds creepy, weird, dirty…

I love seeing all these posts about the blogger get-togethers! Looks like you girls had an amazing time, as always.

Heart Of The Home

• Reply aliciafashionista September 29, 2011 at 6:23 am

OMG I love us! This is so cute, Cee and Lynn both had amazing photos. Can't wait for our next swap, I agree with you that I feel so lucky to get to hang out with so many amazing and inspiring Vancouver bloggers 🙂 xo

• Reply Lynn {hearted girl} September 29, 2011 at 3:57 pm

mad love Alex!!!! it's super incredible to get to almost relive the day through our images. seeing them around on everyone's blogs makes me feel like i just wanna rewind the clock, it was a seriously outstanding day! i don't really know of another sort of circumstance that would bring about an immediate united front for girls. it's kinda like guys have their vid games or sports but how do we who love to blog come together? well, my answer came the moment i walked into that restaurant the 1st time we met. it's a rare thing to absolutely adore every person in a group but you're right! it definitely happened for us and man do i ever count those blessings! ♥

pea ess: hope the studying and school sitch is settling down more, thinking about ya lades. xoox

• Reply Ann September 30, 2011 at 6:22 am

That looks like so much fun!

I love the photos,
    you girls are all gorgeous.

Lovely shoes,
    and the cake blowing pic is awesome ♥

• Reply That Angel Girl October 1, 2011 at 11:41 pm

Awwwww! Too cute! I can't believe there's so many LOVELY Vancouver-based style bloggers! I'm one, too! I'm just now going to creep all the other blogs 🙂

• Reply That Angel Girl October 1, 2011 at 11:42 pm

Also… the photo with the shoes? GENIUS.

• Reply hair scissors October 10, 2011 at 12:06 pm

It is amazing the time and effort you put into your blog and detailed information that you provide. I'll mark your blog and visit every week to your new message.