Sun Flares

August 7, 2011
With sun in my present and school in my future, my current inspirations range accordingly from Hanneli’s autumn-appropriate knit to that beautiful marigold dress.

I’ve fallen into a very comfortable way of life over the past week or two.  I basically study, work, sun-bathe, read, and run on repeat.  I’ve finally slowed into summer-mode and am loving it – trouble is, I only have three weeks of it left and then I’m looking at 45 hours a week in a classroom, two hours a day in transit, and God knows how much more time spent studying and trying to keep up a semblance of a life.  Up to this point, I’ve been nothing but excited, but now that I’m staring the dragon in its face it’s starting to just look downright scary.  If any of you have been through and survived an intensive program like the one I’m going into…I could really use your suggestions right about now!

Images courtesy of Fashion is a Playground, The Sartorialist,
Altamira NY, Hanneli Mustaparta, Easy Fashion

• Reply Ann August 7, 2011 at 3:41 am

Oh my…

totally the look and outfits I'm loving these days, the sweater… the marigold dress… and the shoes on the fourth image is gorgeous.

love it all ♥

• Reply Cee August 7, 2011 at 4:05 am

I didn't know it until I read this post, but the girl in the fifth photo is exactly how I have always dreamed of looking… Shame I, you know, have completely different colouring and bone structure 😛 I have to tell you, I'm so envious you've had a summer holiday period. I think the easiest way to manage an intensive program like the one you're going into is to know you get an extended holiday in the summer. Enjoy it!

• Reply MizzJ August 7, 2011 at 10:19 pm

That photo of the girl in the 2nd to last photo has definitely been making the rounds – she is gorgeous and so Marilyn Monroe-esque! My advice for heavy school loads is sleep, wine, and a continual chant of "It'll all be worth it in the end"

• Reply ELLESAPPELLE August 8, 2011 at 2:50 am

EEEK. SOUNDS INTENSE! DEFINITELY MAKE THE MOST OF THE SUMMER AND THE TIME YOU HAVE OFF!!

X

• Reply Lee Oliveira August 8, 2011 at 1:35 pm

Love that 2nd photos.. Hanelli takes some amazing photos
    Lee x

• Reply Ellie August 8, 2011 at 4:23 pm

Awesome inspirations doll! Love every single photo!
    -Ellie

• Reply Leonie August 8, 2011 at 7:08 pm

Nice inspirations!

NEW OUTFIT POST: At Robson Square

• Reply Marie a la Mode August 8, 2011 at 8:38 pm

Gorgeous photos! I feel for you. I was in an intense college theater program, it was 6 days a week. We were in the classroom Monday to Friday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., then rehearsals from 6 'til 10 p.m. Saturdays we were there for 4 hours at least. And it wasn't all fun and games, we had to write papers, work on projects, I had English and Sociology on top of that, it was hard but I did it! And you can too! Just take it one day at a time. I wish you the best of luck and lots of sleep!

• Reply 5thsquare September 1, 2011 at 10:36 am

The first photo reminds me about Isabelle Marant spring/summer LOVE IT! This mustard dress is stunning and i love the 4th outfit