Blogger Spotlight: Rachel of That’s Chic

August 22, 2011

I just stumbled across That’s Chic this morning and have already pored over about ten pages of Rachel’s posts – I am definitely freshly obsessed.  Not only are her outfit posts the cream of the crop in terms of personal styling, but she has also has these amazing daily features such as “Music Monday” or “Thoughtful Thursday”.  Definitely worth checking out if you aren’t familiar with her wonderful blog already!

I actually discovered Rachel’s blog because I just found out this morning that I’ve been featured on Fashion. Blog. Love.‘s Outfit of the Day!  I was browsing through some of the past features, and Rachel happened to be among them.  Thank you so much to Fashion. Blog. Love. for this incredible honour!  I feel very proud to be included in this feature among other bloggers who I admire, such as Rachel, Chiara of The Blonde Salad, and Andy of Style Scrapbook.  Thank you again to Paul of StyleQuotient who shot me for the feature Summer Femme, which the snaps from this most recent outfit feature are from.

Though I’ve been having a very happy morning blog-wise, I am very saddened by the passing of Jack Layton after his long battle with cancer.  For those of you who aren’t familiar with Jack Layton, he was the leader of the NDP, one of Canada’s most prominent political parties.  Regardless of what your political beliefs might be, I think we can all agree that Jack Layton was one of the few political leaders who truly believed in our country.  The letter he wrote to his fellow Canadians shortly before his death truly exemplifies the hopes and ideals of our country.  My thoughts are with his family and loved ones – rest in peace Jack.

Images courtesy of That’s Chic, Fashion. Blog. Love

• Reply Rachel August 22, 2011 at 7:56 pm

Thank you for the incredibly sweet write-up! I love your blog and you have one of the most perfect faces I've seen xo

• Reply Jen August 22, 2011 at 8:56 pm

Congrats on the blog write up and just found your blog. Will look forward to following your writing and style postings!

• Reply April August 22, 2011 at 10:43 pm

Just came across your blog and i love it! congrats on the blog you were featured on 🙂

XO

• Reply Cee August 23, 2011 at 12:03 am

Congratulations on the feature, gorgeous, although you clearly deserve the praise- that pink dress really is one of a kind and suited you so perfectly 🙂 Not that I need to add to my list of blogs, but I'll be visiting Rachel even so… the collection of photos you've shown is seriously impressive.

• Reply lisa August 23, 2011 at 1:05 am

Congrats on the feature, Alexandra! Those are beautiful photos.

It's sad hearing about Jack Layton. He campaigned so well during the last election.

• Reply Leonie August 23, 2011 at 2:15 am

Congrats on the feature, as many already said before: you looked gorgeous in that dress so there's no surprise 😉

Thanks for the tip on That's Chic, I always love finding (and following) 'new' 🙂

• Reply Ellie August 23, 2011 at 7:44 pm

I'm obsessed with her blog. Literally love so much. Also, congrats on the feature, that's amazing!

-Ellie

• Reply Sarah August 23, 2011 at 8:10 pm

wow, congrats on the feature dear- well deserved you look stunning!

Love rachel's blog too- she's has incredible style xx

• Reply Elegantesque August 24, 2011 at 8:29 am

She had an incredible style indeed ! thanks for the discover !

kisses
    hannah
    http//elegantesque.blogspot.com

• Reply Fashion Cappuccino August 25, 2011 at 12:22 am

Congratulations for the feature Alexandra! That's so exciting! You were beyond gorgeous in that photoshoot! I love Rachel from That's Chic too! Very pretty and laid-back style! I feel like the only time I can breathe easy would be on the weekends because on the weekdays, I'm literally working from morning till past-midnight…Eeekk! xoxoxoo

• Reply ELLESAPPELLE August 25, 2011 at 1:15 am

THAT'S GREAT. CONGRATS ON THE FEATURE!

X

• Reply Laksmono August 25, 2011 at 1:28 am

Her blog is fantastic!

• Reply thekellytang August 25, 2011 at 1:44 am

Love both blogs!! And congrats on your feature! <3

<3 Kelly

• Reply Marcella August 25, 2011 at 5:07 am

Rachel seems like such a cool chick. Love her laidback style and her blog is an inspiration!

And congrats on the feature girl! Those photos look amazing – you remind me of Liv Tyler a bit. One of the world's most beautiful women if you ask me 🙂

x
    Marcella
    fashion-distraction.com

• Reply abeautifullife.ca August 26, 2011 at 12:09 am

thx for the recommendation to That's Chic – I will be reading for sure.

And a sad day of course for all Canadians. A tremendous loss.