Good Day Sunshine

July 25, 2011
Let me preface this post by saying: sorry for the hair. I spent the whole day rolling around in sand, swimming in the ocean, and probably accidentally smearing a ton of sunscreen in my hair and then decided it’d be a good idea to do this shoot.  But I really don’t feel that bad at all because what a glorious day it was: I ate in the sun, ran in the sun, swam in the sun, read in the sun, slept in the sun…being the sunshine-baby that I am, this day was much needed in the midst of so many rainy days and so restorative.

H&M dress, wedges, & earrings, Urban Outfitters clutch,
Club Monaco necklace (worn as bracelet)

Oh H&M, I love you…this dress was FIFTEEN dollars.  Seriously…I spend that on an over-priced sandwich and coffee everyday.  I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, oftentimes the things that I find at H&M or Zara are the things I end up wearing again and again and again for years.  Proof that you can definitely dress for less and stretch your dollar’s worth over a long period of time.

Ah Third Beach…definitely my favourite beach in Vancouver.  Sheltered in a curve of the Seawall and home to the cleanest, freshest ocean water in Vancouver, it’s the best place in the city to rest and swim.  Hope you all had an amazing Sunday too!

• Reply Melina July 25, 2011 at 10:21 am

Thank you so much Alexandra, you´re so sweet!
    You are beautiful and I like your blog a lot!
    Wanna follow each other? Would be great to keep in touch 😉
    Have a great day!!

• Reply GIRL AND CLOSET July 25, 2011 at 2:06 pm

Gorgeous photos Alex, love that sun flare and the gorgeous light. Yesterday, was indeed an amazing day and I also spent much of it lying, sleeping, and basking in the hot sun -bliss!! And a big yay for H&M. I love their pieces and most definitley the prices as well. This dress is fabulous & I can imagine it styled in so many different ways, great purchase and you look beautiful in it. Have a great week. xx veronika

• Reply hélène July 25, 2011 at 2:46 pm

Great photos the weather looked AMAZING! And your hair doesn't look bad at all, isn't that beachy hair look something so covetable anyway? Oh and that dress is the perfect summer attire. Whenever i'm hesitating on a cheap item, i also always tell myself that's how much i pay for a stupid sandwich haha.

• Reply Jessica Gitler July 25, 2011 at 3:51 pm

love the dress as well, and I just love the way the sunlight was beaming in in your photos, so great!!
    jess

• Reply Curves ahead makeup July 25, 2011 at 5:04 pm

I bought that same dress and your right it was a freaking steal you look amazing

• Reply Meisha.Style July 25, 2011 at 6:23 pm

loving these beautiful pictures in the sunshine!

• Reply aliciafashionista July 25, 2011 at 6:34 pm

The Anneffect! Love love love, you look gorgeous as alwayssss. So glad we had some sunshine this weekend. That really was the perfect dress to wear out. And umm your hair looks just fine 😛

• Reply Cee July 26, 2011 at 12:52 am

You're so right about the H&M and Zara pieces… As much as I love the more expensive things in my wardrobe, it's always the inexpensive ones I come back to over and over. And I can see why you keep coming back to this dress, it's gorgeous. You couldn't have found a better moment to take the photos, either, sunscreen in hair or not (which really, I'm pretty sure no one is noticing but you). You look positively radiant with those rays coming down on you!

• Reply Lynn {hearted girl} July 26, 2011 at 1:41 am

Alex are you kidding me right now with those tremendous beams of light?! holy freakin' cow lady! it's like they are whisking and washing all around you and with such delightful rainbow rays. i am stupefied and utterly in awe. do not, under any circumstance, apologize for your hair. what the wah? no no no, it's awesome! see….even the sun wants to kiss it!

gorgeous as anything, what weather we have going on now, super stoked about it too. your dress is not only the best deal ever but super darn adorable on you too. happy week, it's a great way to start it up! xoox ♥

• Reply Leonie July 26, 2011 at 8:43 pm

The dress is beautiful!

I went to Third Beach once, but only because I got lost while searching for a friend. I should definitely hit it up soon… IF the summer temperatures are coming back!

By the way – I am following you now. Follow me back if you like 🙂

• Reply Lynzy July 27, 2011 at 11:35 am

These pictures are gorgeous with the sunlight creeping in! That dress is also so fitting for you and adorable! 🙂
    xo Lynzy

• Reply Ellie July 27, 2011 at 4:44 pm

I LOVE these photos! The dress is gorgeous, and I just love the lighting!
    Have a great day!
    -Ellie

• Reply Rosa July 27, 2011 at 6:19 pm

i agree! i love H&M and Zara (and they're opening a new H&M in Metrotown which means I will be a 5 minute skytrain away from amazing clothes all the time!!). You mustve gone to the beach on that one rare hot and sunny day this past weekend cuz now we're back to typical vancouver cloudy weather. lets hope for more sunny D!
    xox, R

• Reply Elegantesque July 27, 2011 at 9:57 pm

hahaha Sun ray and beach, seems like heaven in Vancouver hahahah your dress is really cute btw !

kisses
    hannah

btw, wanna follow each other ?

• Reply Marie a la Mode July 28, 2011 at 1:14 am

Ok, your beach photos are making me reeeeeeally jealous! Like, REALLY! Anyways, I love your dress you got for $15 at H & M (score!), it's so cute! And the lighting in the first few photos is beautiful.

• Reply Fashion Cappuccino July 28, 2011 at 1:42 am

Alexandra! The light in these photos are so beautiful and looks so dreamy! You look beautiful as always! I can't believe that that dress is only $15.00! What a deal! Yeah, I splurged a little bit too much on ASOS the other day, haha..I need new workclothes that I can wear everyday or that was the excuse I used! xxooxxoo

• Reply gillybeancandyjar July 29, 2011 at 1:55 am

wow the pictures with the sunshine are absolutely amazing. You look stunning! And I don't know why you're apologizing about your hair.. you look so good!

• Reply sharon lei July 29, 2011 at 9:40 am

You look gorgeous, hun! You're so beautiful!!! That's a fantastic dress and such a great price too. 🙂

xx Love & Aloha