Sunday’s Pretty Icons

October 17, 2011

Asos blazer from Jen of her waise choice (worn by her here), Club Monaco silk skirt & necklace
(wornas a bracelet), Rebecca Minkoff bag, H&M tights, Belle by Sigerson
Morrison flats, Pins and Needles bustier

A perfect sunny fall weekend: sleeping in both Saturday and Sunday, watching Arrested Development in bed, browsing through Granville Island market for hours, sipping wine with friends, and of course, eating heaps of good food. Finally getting around to wearing Jen’s beautiful Asos blazer was a plus too.

I really feel like I’m getting better at balancing out my life lately. I’ve created a pretty effective system regarding school work: instead of taking work home with me, I just stay at school overtime to get things done and then when I do get home, I can just relax and do whatever I like. I also stay later on Fridays to finish things before the weekend rolls around so that I can afford two wonderfully relaxed days like the ones I just had. The weeks are so stressful (and filled with sleep-deprivation) that having these laid-back weekends is a bit of a lifesaver.
I hope you all enjoyed my first ever street style post this Saturday – I’m planning to do a street style post once a week, so look for the next one this coming Saturday! Feedback is of course always appreciated. Hope you all had a great weekend!

• Reply October 17, 2011 at 4:30 pm

Your bag is to die for! i love the size and the colour. A beautiful pairing with your purple skirt.

Glad you're feeling more balanced about life lately – sleep is so important.

• Reply Ginger October 17, 2011 at 4:49 pm

Love the blazer and the top !! So cute !!
    Take a look at my last post if you wanna see some Moroccan caftans !!
    Right here:

• Reply JennaStevie October 17, 2011 at 5:01 pm

Your weekend sounds seriously amazing, it's good that you've found a way to balance things that works for you!!
    I looove this blazer, so gorgeous and it looks seriously stunning with that purple skirt. Great shots

• Reply SIENA.STYLE October 17, 2011 at 7:41 pm

i love your skirt!!

• Reply Leonie October 17, 2011 at 7:42 pm

This skirt is so pretty, love the color – perfect to team up with some black items.

To The Max(i)

• Reply Jessica Gitler October 17, 2011 at 7:48 pm

that blazer is awesome, i can't wait to see more of it!! also, all of your photos are very stunning, I really like this outfit!!

• Reply lisa October 17, 2011 at 8:44 pm

You look amazing. No sign of fatigue or stress in any of these gorgeous photos!

• Reply sharon lei October 17, 2011 at 10:50 pm

Such a luxe look. I LOVE your jacket… and the skirt drapes so beautifully too!

xx Love & Aloha

• Reply Marie a la Mode October 17, 2011 at 11:13 pm

GAH your blazer is beautiful! And I love the different textures and prints you used in your outfit. You look gorgeous as always : )

• Reply Cee October 18, 2011 at 1:19 am

I just love how you styled Jen's blazer, darling! I fell in love with it but sort of got lost when it came to styling it myself… You did such a beautiful job, I wish I had thought of jeweltones! The purple skirt and turquoise bag compliment the delicate details so perfectly, and the way they all glisten in the sun is just stunning. So glad you had a restful weekend ๐Ÿ™‚

• Reply Bella October 18, 2011 at 5:02 am

What a great outfit! Love the mix of textures, and that skirt is fabulous ๐Ÿ™‚
    Bella xo

• Reply Drummer and Band October 18, 2011 at 5:55 am

hi..regards from indonesia. please come to my music site….

• Reply Drummer and Band October 18, 2011 at 5:56 am

i was followed you number 298. follow back please.

• Reply Jazzy E (hivenn) October 18, 2011 at 2:14 pm

Love your hair! x hivenn

• Reply Izzy/Bella October 18, 2011 at 4:39 pm

Beautiful outfit and look! I love the green bag and the texture of the tights with the whole outfit.

• Reply Cara October 18, 2011 at 4:42 pm

Love Jen's blazer with that beautiful purple skirt! So gorgeous-and it sounds like you had such a lovely weekend, hopefully the sunshine we've had sticks around!
    xo Cara

• Reply tessa October 18, 2011 at 6:53 pm

love the lace blazer!
    giveaway! win the dress of your choice from LOVE

• Reply Jodi October 18, 2011 at 7:29 pm

cute combo!!! love the colors too!! xoxo J

• Reply Elekon October 18, 2011 at 7:51 pm

absolutely love how this outfit is out together plus beautiful model and photography! everything is chic!

• Reply aliciafashionista October 18, 2011 at 8:21 pm

You are seriously so pretty, and I love this outfit. Jen's blazer looks great with the purple skirt. Did you colour your hair? Maybe it just looks lighter in the sun. Arrested Development is a great show to watch from bed, Tobias is pretty much one of my favourite TV characters ever. Great to hear you've managed to balance out your life, I'm struggling with that lately!!! xo

• Reply brookemeagan October 18, 2011 at 9:33 pm

Hi Alexandra!! Thanks so much for stopping by. I did take quite a break in blogging, but I'm back! And it feels great! This sounds like the perfect weekend. I know exactly what you mean about balance. My boyfriend and I have been trying to get into a better routine so we can spend more of our time off on ourselves and each other. You look gorgeous and OMG that blazer is amazing! xo

• Reply Sandy Joe October 19, 2011 at 12:32 am

The lace blazer is unbelievable! Asos has done it again. Gorgeous.

x The Pretty Secrets

• Reply Alexandra October 19, 2011 at 12:44 am

I love all of the textures! You are just so pretty!!! And I really liked your street style post! ๐Ÿ™‚

• Reply devorelebeaumonstre. October 19, 2011 at 1:49 am

nice! x

• Reply SECRETE INTERVIU October 19, 2011 at 3:46 am

lovely outfit, especially the tight ๐Ÿ™‚
    by the way, mind to visit and follow me? I'll gladly follow you back ๐Ÿ™‚

• Reply Lynn {hearted girl} October 20, 2011 at 7:06 pm

Alex, you are so very beautiful! now that's some real rad texture play you've got going on. Jen's blazer is a divine topper for this whole look of cool elegance. did you get more highlights? your hair is gorgeous and glowing in these shots!

i did the same thing when i was in school last year, i found i could concentrate better there and had all the resources around for extra help too. i'm hoping you'll find the absolute right resting place with everything lades. it takes time to develop a rhythm to such a furiously paced beat. xoox โ™ฅ

• Reply Natasha October 21, 2011 at 7:08 pm

This mixture of textures is perfect! I love that blazer, what a great piece!!

Natasha ~ Required2BeInspired