Colour Therapy

July 6, 2011

So inspired by all these images from the streets during Paris Haute Couture Week.  I’ve been living in sweatpants and pilly mens cashmere sweaters because by some freak accident, I am sick again (seriously…what’s wrong with my body this year?) and I really needed the visual therapy of scenes of beautiful clothes.

I’ve been doing everything to get rid of this cold: Cold FX, Tylenol Cold, Neocitran, echinacea (disgusting), tea with honey, vitamins, resting, drinking four liters of water a day…nothing seems to be working and I’m running out of time because I’m going away for a girls’ weekend on Friday.  If anybody is able to suggest a magical cure, that would be great.

Hope you’re all enjoying your week so far, and again, sorry for being such a bad blogger as of late!  Studying has been pretty intense lately, and coupled with this bad cold, I’ve been pretty conked out.  Things will turn around very soon though 🙂

Images courtesy of Stockholm Street Style, STREETFSN

• Reply Fashion Cappuccino July 6, 2011 at 8:49 pm

Hi Alexandra! These pictures are so gorgeous! So much style inspiration and I feel like the streetstyle pictures are getting better and better, don't you think? I'm sorry to hear that you're sick! I hope you feel much better soon and try some hot tea with a little bit of honey? And be as comfortable as you can! Take care! Lots of love! xoxoxoxo

• Reply Aarti July 6, 2011 at 11:48 pm

Tumeric Milk works!

Ingredients
    2 cups organic milk
    1 tsp. turmeric powder
    1/4 tsp. ginger powder
    4 black peppercorns, crushed
    dash of cinnamon (optional)
    honey or other sweetener (optional)

Directions
    Place all ingredients in a saucepan on medium heat and bring to a boil. Simmer for five minutes, stirring frequently. Sweeten to taste, preferably with a healthy sweetener like honey or erythritol. Pour into a mug and drink hot.

I know it doesn't sound very nice and to be honest it really isn't very nice.. but it generally does the trick!
    Or very very strong ginger tea….

I hope you feel better soon x

• Reply Cee July 7, 2011 at 1:27 am

I sadly don't have any good cold remedies, just suggestions for things that might make you feel better- kraft dinner, lindt bars, etc.,- and not that will actually help you get better. Hopefully your cold will clear up before Vegas, although if it doesn't, I'm sure all the oxygen they pump into the hotels will clear our your sinuses 🙂 Seriously wishing I was in Paris after looking at these photos- more than I already was, I mean! I'm sure one of these colourful dresses would cure even the worst cold, if only temporarily 😉

• Reply A Fine Balance July 7, 2011 at 2:12 am

Awww darling…I have to agree turmeric milk is something my mom would give me when I was sick too.

Sleep lots!

Ps I think I need a turmeric coloured pleated skirt!

• Reply It's Strangely Me July 7, 2011 at 8:21 am

Unfortunately, I don't have any real remedies for you. I usually go for runs when I feel sick. I don't know why but when I 'rest' I just get worse so I like to stay busy.

I absolutely love the first photo, women look so god damn sexy in heels + dresses! Nothing like getting all dolled up and taking a stroll through the city haha.

I hope you get better soon, and enjoy your weekend with the girls!

B

• Reply Elekon July 7, 2011 at 7:01 pm

colour therapy is best treatment!:) loved all th images and styling, get well soon! x

• Reply Lynn {hearted girl} July 8, 2011 at 1:22 am

goodness gracious! all the patterns, poses and long legged lady strides are amazing Alex!!!! i feel therapeutically touched by seeing this revelry.

lovie, you're sick? noooooo, so sorry to hear that. i wish you well soon and hope that by the weekend it'll have all blown over. rest up, the girly getaway plans sound like such fun. i'm sure even if something is still hanging on by a thread they will spruce you up with pillows and great care. hey, try a blueberry tea…the one with liquor in it. seems to help my chest out when i've been sick and the warmth is super soothing. xo ♥

• Reply J. July 9, 2011 at 5:36 pm

What struck me first was how everyone is wearing such wonderful shoes! I'm so impressed!

• Reply Jen July 11, 2011 at 7:52 am

You always post the most amazing and inspirational photos Alex! Love the first photo, the one of Miroslava Duma and the one above her! I hope you're all better now and I'm pretty sure you ended up jetting off to Vegas, right?! Well, hope you had a blast and have a good, healthy week ahead!

xox