Perfection

June 25, 2011
Oddly enough, I used to style myself in a much more “ornate” way than I do now.  As I’ve gotten older, I find that I tend to gravitate more and more towards simplicity.  In my opinion, this Sartorialist-shot woman’s outfit is literally perfection.  It’s not all the little details of her look that make the impact, but rather how she combined the few pieces that make up this look together.

I’m sorry I’ve been such a bad blogger this week.  If any of you follow me on Twitter, you might have heard me already ranting and complaining about this past week and a half.  Aside from dealing with some very unfortunate family-related news, I feel like I’ve been experiencing some huge upheavals in all areas of my life.  I’ve either received really bad news or really good news, and as a result, I feel like I’m on a constant, nausea-inducing rollercoaster ride.  I’m going to keep riding it out though and hope that everything figures itself out soon enough – it’s all I can really do at this point!  Hope you’re all having a great weekend 🙂

Image courtesy of The Sartorialist

• Reply Matina June 25, 2011 at 5:47 pm

alex, sorry to hear about the bumpy rollercoaster ride! i hope things start looking up 🙂 good luck on your run tomorrow!!! And I agree with you about that picture – perfection. everything about it.

xoxoxo wishing you all the best

• Reply Cee June 25, 2011 at 6:24 pm

I think your style has gone on the opposite trajectory from mine… American Eagle jeans and Gap t-shirts were high fashion in Winnipeg when I was growing up, and the fact that I wore sweaters instead made me look overdressed most of the time, but I feel like I've been searching for glamour since I was a teenager and I'm only starting to find it 🙂 That said, this outfit is pretty much perfection. I just wouldn't likely try it out myself.

Hope things calm down for you soon! And I can't wait to hear what the really good news is 🙂 And I have some for you, too- you won my giveaway!

• Reply Lynn {hearted girl} June 25, 2011 at 6:25 pm

awe girl, i'm not on twitter but sure hope all will be okay! i'm thinking of you and wishing you peaceful moments amongst what seems to be a rather challenging time. it's interesting that you chose to post about the way your looks have changed over the years, when you think about it there is also a link to refining the upheavals of life too.

life's combo has thrown you an ornate bone but i know you will polish, calibrate and fine-tune it to something much better in the long run. xoox ♥

• Reply Fifth Sparrow June 25, 2011 at 7:46 pm

Aww sorry that things have been so up and down for you, I hope they settle soon. It seems that things always happen all together which can be challenging and stressful, but they always have a way of working out how they're supposed to. Thinking of you! xx

p.s yes, this outfit is perfect! So chic and easy

• Reply A Fine Balance June 26, 2011 at 2:13 am

I'm sorry to hear things have been so crazy for you but i believe that things happen for a reason…good or bad. I hope things come back to a better equilibrium…xoxo

• Reply ELLESAPPELLE June 26, 2011 at 7:35 am

I SAVED THIS IMAGE TOO! SO BEAUTIFUL, CAREFREE & SIMPLE 🙂
    XX

• Reply GIRL AND CLOSET June 26, 2011 at 2:33 pm

Agreed, I adore a more simple and clean look as well, and this one is absolute perfection. Sorry to hear that things have been a bit of a roller-coaster ride lately, but hopefully everything will settle soon enough -sending hugs!! Enjoy this lovely & sunny Sunday. xx veronika

• Reply Bren @ B So Chic! June 26, 2011 at 5:00 pm

many hugs to you and some here's to hoping for a better balancing place in your life! xo

Bren
    B So Chic!

• Reply Huda June 26, 2011 at 9:00 pm

when it rains, it truly does…..wishing you the best.

• Reply J. June 26, 2011 at 9:12 pm

I love this outfit as well, really nice!