Bright Moments On a Rainy Sunday

June 19, 2011
Somehow, summer still hasn’t come to Vancouver.  It’s really kind of ridiculous.  Mexico seems so long ago now and I’ve somehow shifted back into an early-spring mentality.  With July just around the corner, I am seriously hoping that Mother Nature wakes up and remembers what time of year it actually is.  In the meantime, I can only look to scenes from New York and Europe for some summertime inspiration.  Hope that regardless of where you currently are, they inspire you too!

Images courtesy of Mr. Newton,
Stockholm Street Style, Jak & Jil

• Reply Iza Guziuk June 19, 2011 at 7:34 pm

lovely photos

myonlyspotlight.blogspot.com

• Reply Jen June 19, 2011 at 10:12 pm

Great inspiration and lovely pops of colour! I literally just discovered Mr. Newton's blog a few days ago- I've seriously been hiding under a rock or something! Hope you had a great weekend Alex!

Jen

p.s. Also want to apologize for just ducking out of the store without chatting & saying bye the other day- a friend came to pick me up so I had to run. Will hopefully run into you again soon! xo

• Reply Cee June 20, 2011 at 12:25 am

Hasn't the weather been absolutely ridiculous? We should all be in our sundresses by now, and yet what was I wearing today? Oh yeah, pants, a sweater, and a coat. In mid-June 😛 I probably like winter clothes more than the average girl, but still, this is getting silly. Thanks for sharing these photos to remind me that summer still exists and is happening somewhere- our turn must be coming soon! Hope you're having a fabulous weekend.

• Reply Chelsey.Amanda June 20, 2011 at 2:55 am

The weather in Calgary has been just as depressing. Thanks for reminding me there's hope!

• Reply Bren @ B So Chic! June 20, 2011 at 4:01 am

and it's been ridiculously hot over here in Atlanta. like in the high 90s with super high levels of humidity. i can't wait for it to break, but with summer here there's not turning back. ugh. love the red skirt in the 1st shot!! so refreshing!

Bren
    B So Chic!

• Reply Fashion Cappuccino June 20, 2011 at 5:03 am

Wow, I haven't seen some of these photos! Thank you for sharing them Alexandra! I love the mom with her son! So adorable! Hope you feel much better soon! Tea and relaxing in bed helps a lot when I'm feeling under the weather too! Are you ready for tomorrow? Wishing you a fabulous start of a week 🙂 xoxoxoo

• Reply the nyanzi report June 20, 2011 at 10:57 am

great selection.

• Reply Naima Amarilli June 20, 2011 at 5:13 pm

I love first girl's sunglasses and bag, and the floreal dress of the second… well, i've to admit, ALL this bags are something special!

• Reply Ellie June 20, 2011 at 6:34 pm

Awesome photos, they're all great!
    -Ellie

• Reply Miri June 20, 2011 at 6:39 pm

Here in Germany, it's also cold and rainy, but they say that summer will be back soon 🙂

Love your inspirations, awe, I'd give everything to own that perfect Hermès bag!

Kisses
    Miri

PS: Follow me if you like <3
    Miri's Castle

• Reply glam fashionista June 20, 2011 at 9:51 pm

love the orange Hermes bag in this post

glamfashionistafashio

• Reply Sally June 21, 2011 at 2:16 am

love these looks! summer fashion truly is so bright and cheery!

love your blog-i'm following! check mine out!

s

sorelle in style

• Reply ida June 21, 2011 at 3:28 am

ha. this is cool. i just randomly picked a name from the comments at rumi neelys blog (fashiontoast), and i chose yours. and you're from vancouver!

i have lived here too since september 2009 (LOVE IT!) but i am from sweden.

check my blog out if you want, maybe you'll recognize some spots the way i did with your blog 🙂

take care, sweet blog btw!