The Oscars 2011

February 28, 2011

So who watched the Oscars last night? I feel like this year’s Oscars Awards ceremony was especially boring compared to past years, but like usual, I mostly was just in it for the fashion. I actually felt like a lot of the actresses really did a fabulous job with their outfits this year…for the most part, the dress choices were kind of fabulous, but some were breathtaking. Here are some of my faves!

Scarlett Johannson in Dolce & Gabbana

Natalie Portman in Rodarte

Mila Kunis in Elie Saab couture

Michelle Williams in Chanel Haute Couture

Mandy Moore in Monique Lhuillier

Jennifer Lawrence in Calvin Klein Collection

Hilary Swank in Gucci

Halle Berry in Marchesa

Cate Blanchett in Givenchy Haute Couture

Anne Hathaway in Vintage Valentino

A few girlfriends and I hit up the Oscar party at Cinema and had a great time watching the awards ceremony there. Congrats to Clio de la Llave, Jillian Crago, and the Donnelly Group for putting on such a fabulous event!

More than anything, I am just really proud of myself for pulling myself together and leaving the house. This is what I woke up to yesterday:

Seriously! Mother Nature stop screwing us around, it’s supposed to be spring in a few weeks!

Hope you all had a fabulous weekend! xo

Images courtesy of Elle.com

• Reply Mirela February 28, 2011 at 6:20 pm

Gosh i´m just inlove with Halle Berry´s dress, amazing!

xoxo

• Reply Iza Guziuk February 28, 2011 at 6:24 pm

i love Mandy Moore she look beautiful !!

• Reply Cicy February 28, 2011 at 8:23 pm

My favourite was Mila Kunis =) Super girly but fabulous at the same time.

• Reply Pop Champagne February 28, 2011 at 9:43 pm

I loved Mila Kunis's outfit, I just love her in general lol. and Oscar party! sounds like a fun time!

• Reply Marie a la Mode March 1, 2011 at 2:08 am

My favorite was definitely Halle Berry. That's so cool you watched The Oscars on the big screen!

• Reply cakesandshakes March 1, 2011 at 9:11 am

Good selection, my favourite is Cate Blanchett's dress, the woman is a STYLE goddess. However, the colour choice of Scar-Jo is a little… hmm… I will just say I think that colour just looks better on a brunette. However the dress itself is beautiful, and D & G are a very age appropriate choice for her, she's too young to do 'stuffy'.

cakesandshakes.wordpress.com

• Reply Fashion Cappuccino March 1, 2011 at 7:15 pm

I know what you mean! I was really bored from the beginning and didn't watch it until the end. I love the dresses and Jennifer Lawrence was my favorite! So glad to see you're having fun with your girlfriends! Wow, so much snow still! No worries, spring will come before you know it 🙂 xoxoxooxo

• Reply ELLESAPPELLE March 2, 2011 at 7:24 am

wow, wow, wow, michelle williams and cate blanchett are my faves. gorgeous. x

• Reply Viranlly March 3, 2011 at 5:45 pm

Mila Kunisss!!! OMG die!
    btw alex, sorry this is viranlly and i will no longer use my facebook acc at least for the next 2 weeks or so
    and i'd be super busy with school till then too 🙁
    sorryyy
    but after that DEFINITELY!

• Reply Kashaya March 4, 2011 at 2:30 pm

It's so fun to see what the stars are wearing at the Oscars.=) I think my favorite was Mila Kunis dress.