The Best

February 25, 2011

So this is it…my favourite collection out of Fall 2011 RTW. Hands down. Miuccia Prada is a genius.

Like lots of other fashion-obessees, sometime I see a collection that inspires and absorbs me almost in the same way a favourite book does. There was Balenciaga Fall 2010, Jonathan Saunder Spring 2011…and now Prada Fall 2011! I can not stress enough how much I love this collection. I think the appeal for me lies in thejuxtaposition of the entire collection: futuristic details with classic shapes, preppy school-girl elements mixed with extreme glamour, etc. And those boots are bound to be the next “it” shoes!

So I’m sure you’ve all heard the news about John Galliano’s suspension from Dior…so upsetting and unsettling. Check out this article if you haven’t heard the news yet. Check out Scott Schuman’s opinion on the whole matter too…I think he raises a few good points.

I really do hope it all gets sorted out soon and (fingers crossed) it was all just a giant misunderstanding. I’m sure we’ll hear more details in the next week or so.

Happy Friday everyone! I’m enjoying another beautiful day here in Vancouver…hope it lasts through the weekend (though you never know, the city’s weather is notoriously temperamental!). xoxo

Images courtesy of Style.com, The Sartorialist, Garance Doré

• Reply Trendy Feeling February 25, 2011 at 10:51 pm

OMG I love love love every single piece in that collection =)
    Kisses and Have an awesome weekend!
    XOXO

• Reply cryskay February 26, 2011 at 9:04 am

i absolutely adore that white coat. it is just divine!!! xo

check out my GIVEAWAY a la sparkle!

• Reply Fashion Cappuccino February 26, 2011 at 9:49 pm

Hi Alexandra! Prada was one of my favorite collections too! I adore the way the models hold their clutches so close…I don't like carrying bags so it reminds me of how I hold my own purse sometimes, haha :-). I'm glad to hear that you're enjoying good weather in Vancouver! Hope the weather stays that way! I heard about John Galliano on the satorialist and I'm pretty sure some of the details were exaggerated but who knows. Hopefully, John will be back to work soon. I hate to think he was being punished for a misunderstanding. xoxoxooo

• Reply Cee February 27, 2011 at 6:34 am

Hi Alexandra,
    I'm Cee from Coco and Vera. I was chatting with Lynn from Hearted Girl about a Vancouver blogger get together and your name came up, so I had to come by to see your blog. I love connecting with local fashionistas- it's so exciting to meet people who share your passion 🙂 The Jonathan Saunders and Prada collections were two of my favourites this season, too! [And I was also perturbed by the Galliano incident… hopefully more details will be revealed soon.] I'll be following your blog, and hopefully one day we'll all be able to get together to share ideas!

• Reply Chloe February 27, 2011 at 5:15 pm

I loove the mermaid-fishy-scale covered skirts and dresses! The sequin work is ahhhmazing. Love love love it.

chloe ** http://flowerponychloe.blogspot.com

• Reply Joanne Faith February 28, 2011 at 9:15 am

The prada collection is awesome – there are a lot of awesome textures and materials that you wouldn't expect to see together. Those red shoes are very cute too!

• Reply Taylor February 28, 2011 at 9:17 pm

i love your blog. it's beauty! Keeps me entertained for hours! check mine out at http://gloryandgloss.blogspot.com/