It’s sad but if I’m being honest, on a day-to-day basis I’m about as lazy as it gets when it comes to beauty. I just feel like I have too many things I’d rather be doing (hitting Dailey Method or the pool, taking off for a weekend adventure, etc) than sitting at my vanity agonizing over my beauty routine. That’s why I tend to gravitate towards products that seriously double-duty, so much so that on a regular day, I can limit my whole routine down to 5 products (so few that I can literally toss them into my gym bag, purse, etc). So without further ado, discover my beyond easy 5 product beauty tutorial, complete with a video!
Photo & video by Alicia Fashionista
First of all, like so much of beauty, I make sure my skin is in tip top shape before applying any makeup. I see my girl Amanda at Glow Dermal Therapy (who happens to be a Fairview neighbour!) to keep my skin clear and glowing and always apply a serum and lotion, allowing both to set in before kicking off. Once that’s all a-go though, I…
1. Use my foundation stick from Clinique to conceal where needed, blending in very well in circular motions to really let it sink into my skin.
2. Using the same stick, I do a quick conceal underneath my eyes and then prime my eyelids – I’ve noticed when I take the time to do this extra step, my eyes look so much peppier and awake.
3. I then grab my Charlotte Tilbury Fimstar Bronze & Glow (obsessed with this product) and do a quick contour by applying the bronze shade under my cheekbones, dusting off the brush and really blending well under my cheekbones, up into my temples and under my jawline.
4. Using the same product, I then dust the highlighter atop my cheekbones, blending well.
5. Grabbing the Filmstar once again, I grab a fluffy eyeshadow brush and apply the bronze shade to my crease, dusting off the brush and really blending well into a cat eye shape. I then grab the highlighter and do my brow bone as well as the inner corner of my eyes.
6. I then fill in my brows with Anastasia’s brow palette, brushing well as I go to really blend.
7. Using the same dark brown powder shade from the palette, I smudge some powder into my lash line and really blend it in well, smoking it out.
8. My final step for the eyes is to add lashings using a thickening mascara – love this one from Clinique.
9. I grab a tinted lip balm like this Clinique one (or even a really creamy-textured lipstick) and swipe it on my lips, using the tip to lightly pencil in to ensure a really clean shape.
10. Grabbing the same lipstick or lip balm, I then dot the colour onto the apples of my cheeks and blend really well.
And there you have it! A very natural look but still super pulled together and most importantly, effortlessly pretty and easy – what I always strive for when it comes to beauty.