More often than not, I imagine up a look based off of an initial spark of inspiration from a single piece. For this particular casual-chic ensemble, it all started with this beautiful printed scarf —its burnished rust tone (does this qualify as marsala?) begged for easy, classic pieces so that it could really stand out, plus an equally polished and classic beauty look to tie it all together. Fortunately, Burberry’s latest Kisses line (now available at Hudson’s Bay!) has the perfect blush shade for this outfit, not to mention some other must-have pieces to add to your beauty arsenal—click through to see the step-by-step run down on this beauty look!
As iconic as Burberry is for its signature apparel (think the Burberry trench, knitwear or those covetable monogrammed blanket shawls), it’s equally known for its classic British beauty and the models who have come to embody Burberry beauty. I err towards the side of natural yet defined myself, and love to accent it all with a pop of colour. As luck would have it, thanks to Burberry’s incredible offerings now at Hudson’s Bay, this beauty look captured all of that, and it’s incredibly easy to pull off!
1. First of all, start with fresh skin—make sure it’s well exfoliated and moisturized well for a dewy complexion.
2. I then blended Burberry Fresh Glow in Nude Radiance No.01 across my entire face, which helps build this incredible glow-from-within effect that mimics natural daylight and hydrates as well.
3. I then concealed where needed, added a quick dusting of bronzer to the hollows of my cheekbones and added some dusty rose blush to the apples of my cheeks.
4. I did a quick cat eye (which to me, always screams classic British beauty) and coated my lashes with mascara.
5. I then really defined my brows with Burberry’s Effortless Eyebrow Definer in Ash Brown No.03, which is quite possibly one of my favourite products ever. I love the unique shape of the pencil, which helps mimic the natural fall of the eyebrow grain and blends seamlessly.
6. Finally, I topped it off with my shade of the moment: Burberry Kisses in Rose Blush No.89, which feels like my natural lip colour but deepened and enhanced. It’s seriously such a beautiful shade, and best of all, it comes in this incredible silky, hydrating formula.
This post was brought to you by Hudson’s Bay. The opinions expressed herein are those of the authors and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Hudson’s Bay.