Beauty + Hair

Wavy Hair Tutorial

March 20, 2015
Friday!!! I’ve had a really awesome week but am definitely ready for some laid-back girl time and lazy mornings with Matt. Like so many of us, my weekends are a pretty sacred time – I tend to still work through them but I really try to carve out lots of quality time to get outside, see my loved ones and relax. Because of that, I really rely on this wavy hair style because it gives my fine, straight hair some much-needed body and movement but takes 5 minutes max to achieve, perfect for the weekend! Click through to watch the video!

Hope you guys liked this little video tutorial, and definitely let me know if you make use of it this weekend – would love to know how it works on all different types of hair textures!
If you want more video content from me, subscribe to my YouTube channel here! And now, I’m gonna whip through this tutorial myself and then go for a rainy day walk with my sister – perfect balance of family time and, well…good hair. Hope all of you have an amazing weekend!

• Reply Erin and Katherine March 20, 2015 at 8:55 pm

Great tutorial! Love the lighting and set up πŸ™‚

Erin | Erin and Katherine Talk Beauty

• Reply Amie March 20, 2015 at 9:56 pm

You are so, so lucky! Styling your hair must be a breeze. Even though my hair is straight and fine, I have SO much of it, it takes about a century to style it no matter what I'm doing… I curl mine pretty similar to what you did above and my hair holds a curl pretty well so I never use hairspray (I personally hate putting product in my hair!), but I have to divide it in a lot more sections and it's much more time consuming! What size is that wand? PS: what foundation do you use? Your face is always glowing! xx

• Reply By The Shore, Life + Style March 21, 2015 at 4:32 pm

Oh yay, this is an awesome tutorial Alex!! I can't wait to try this!! Happiest weekend, love! xo

• Reply Jackie G March 22, 2015 at 7:49 pm

Great tutorial!! I actually just gave it a try and I like that it's a little different than my normal wavy hair routine. I'm curious to see how it holds up throughout the day, and if it's going to work tomorrow too. I don't use as much hairspray as you do, so it will definitely be different!

Jackie
    Something About That

• Reply Isabel Robertson March 22, 2015 at 8:43 pm

Amazing tutorial! I can't wait to try out this hair style!

Isabel

• Reply Elsie Alkurabi March 24, 2015 at 1:11 am

You and your desk set up is so beautiful!