I love playing with beauty products as much as the next girl, but especially as I’m getting older, it’s never been more important for me to focus on my skin and what goes into my body. What I’m realizing more than ever this year is that there’s no one secret to healthy, youthful skin. Rather, it’s a matter of approaching health and beauty holistically. Click through to read my five top ways to keep your skin healthy and beautiful from the inside out!
1. You shouldn’t be surprised by this, but hydration is absolutely vital. I hear regularly that the #1 obstacle to staying hydrated is that it’s simply too hard to remember to drink enough, so I keep track of my water consumption using a water app on my phone and I try to drink my water as much as possible from a 500mL bottle so that I can track how much I’m having. If you don’t love the taste of water, there’s so many healthy ways to give it some flavour (and some added health benefits): fresh mint, lemon or even an herbal tea blend (just throw in an extra tea bag since the water’s cool) are all some of my favourite ways of dressing up my H2O!
2. Developing a solid meditation practice has not only had a major impact on the general quality of my life, but, as we all know, the more stress you have in your life, the more that emotional turmoil is reflected in your skin and in your face. Since I’ve learned how to manage my stress more effectively with a daily ten-minute meditation practice (complimented by breathing exercises throughout the day and at bedtime), I can literally see the stress lifted from my face.
3. Getting my food allergies tested with a naturopath has been one of the most health-improving and skin-clearing things I’ve ever done. Your skin is basically a barometer of your health and body’s equilibrium, so if it is flaring up, it means something’s off. I put off getting tested forever despite being so frustrated by having those exact type of flare-ups affect me, but when I finally learned what I was sensitive to (and cut them out as best as possible), I not only felt so much better, but I stopped getting reactive break outs too. Even if you’re not sensitive, just being aware of foods that feed your body and your skin and those that can aggravate your system can help you get in all the nutrition that you need for both your body and beauty!
4. And on that note, one way I make sure I get a quick hit of vitamins, minerals and nutrients first thing in the morning is by never skipping my juice. I almost always go for a green juice (celery, broccoli, kale, parsley, lemon and orange is my fave!) right after waking up with my hot water and lemon and can see such a difference in my skin since I made it a regular part of my routine. I also feel so much better in the mornings and have way more energy throughout the day.
5. Finally, while all of the above keeps my skin as healthy as possible from the inside out, I still need a moisturizer that will keep my combination skin hydrated and glowing. Since adding Biotherm’s Aquasource into my post-cleansing routine a couple weeks ago, I’ve noticed a huge difference in my skin. It literally plumps up and I’ve stopped getting some of that winter dryness that my sensitive skin experiences around this time of the year. Most importantly, it keeps my skin hydrated for hours on end thanks to Biotherm’s patented Life Plantkton blend, while also protecting it from environmental stress—even with a city as clean as Vancouver, it’s still a city and I definitely am aware of protecting myself from pollution.
Biotherm presents the new frontier in continuous hydration, introducing the all new AQUASOURCE: pushing the boundaries of hydration by creating the highest efficacy, coupled with breakthrough texture that melt on contact. Thanks to its patented LIFE PLANKTON formula, skin is soothed, protected, and cell regeneration is accelerated day after day. AQUASOURCE now provides 8 continuous hours of maximum hydration. From the moment of application moisture levels remain at their peak to offer 15 proven benefits. Discover the entire Aquasource range at Biotherm.ca.
This post was brought to you by BIOTHERM via Mode Media Canada. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of BIOTHERM.