Style

Cool it Down

March 4, 2014
to vogue or bust, vancouver style blog, vancouver fashion blog, vancouver fashion, vancouver style, canadian fashion blog, fashion blogs in north america, alexandra grant, winter style, brixton hat, winter layers, h&m coat, club monaco floral dress, club monaco cashmere sweater, zara booties, preppy chic, rebecca minkoff bag

H&M coat, Zara booties, Club Monaco dress & sweater,
Brixton hat, Rebeca Minkoff bag

Looking back on pictures from around this time last year, it’s hard to imagine we’re in the same month. I was traipsing about in the sunshine in light blazers and silk tops back then…a decidedly different scene from this one! By the time spring does definitely roll around, I’ll be all the more ready to go full-force with it given how long it’s taken to come.
In the meantime, working spring pieces in like yesterday’s post and today’s helps me feel like we’re not still in the midst of winter at the very least. Balancing it all out with a wool coat, wintery accessories and a cozy cashmere sweater helps keep the heat in…still very much needed!
On a brighter note, I will say that I’ve actually been kind of happy over the past week or so that the weather’s been kind of shitty. All I feel like doing is resting lately…I had such a busy February and I’ve quite frankly just gotten run down. This month, I’m really trying to master the art of productivity…rather than desperately trying to keep up, I want to feel like I can slow down a bit more. After wrapping up a week-long Harry Potter marathon and all in all just lazing about, I definitely feel like I’m getting on track with this new March goal.
Do you have any strategies for slowing down when things get a little too crazy?
Cool It Down – Velvet Underground

• Reply pretty little things March 4, 2014 at 2:15 pm

great look and I'm loving the color of your bag too! xo

• Reply Carmen March 4, 2014 at 2:36 pm

Really pretty combination, I like the bag 🙂

• Reply Natali March 4, 2014 at 3:38 pm

Love how nicely you have layered this outfit! Perfect hat and coat!

• Reply Annick March 4, 2014 at 3:50 pm

I can totally understand the need for winding down – I usually do it with what I call a girly night. I take a bath, read magazines, paint my nails, and have general silence in my apartment. Sometimes I really need to to recharge!

It's not even close to looking like Spring here either. It was -33 this morning, and it's March! But like you, I've spent the last few days watching movies, and resting, so it hasn't really been that bad. 😉

Great look Alexandra – I'm loving that hat!

Bold Subtlety

• Reply Hannah March 4, 2014 at 4:14 pm

I am loving the color of your bag!
    Champagne Lifestyle on a Beer Budget

• Reply Olivia Law March 4, 2014 at 4:25 pm

This is gorgeous – I love that jacket xo

• Reply alexcadycarter March 4, 2014 at 6:31 pm

I love this look, Alex! Of course I'm drawn to anything black and grey.

A day to myself is what I need to wind down. Whether that's a cheeky DIY or cleaning or doing nothing but watching Gilmore Girls all weekend long, a day to myself with no engagements is my wind down mantra!

• Reply Girl and Closet March 4, 2014 at 6:53 pm

Oh Alex, this outfit is extra pretty!! <3 And… I'm all about slowing down! Usually when I get too busy my health problems flare up, and I'm forced to take it easy… I guess, it's a blessing in disguise! Knowing I can only do so much helps me prioritize that which is most important to me!! xoxo

• Reply Kacie Ellis March 5, 2014 at 2:39 am

I'm loving the color of your hat!

• Reply t March 5, 2014 at 6:45 am

Nice coat!

• Reply rohit gopal January 29, 2016 at 6:30 am

There was no function on FB to price any sort of area at any type of provided time until the application of this new Facebook 5 star ranking. buy facebook fanpage reviews

• Reply Fake manager21 March 4, 2016 at 9:05 am

Are you eager to gain global popularity swiftly? Online community site Twitter may be the best way for you. buy 1000 twitter followers

• Reply Cheri May 8, 2016 at 5:26 pm

Excellent post but I was wanting to know if you could write a litte more on this topic?
    I’d be very thankful if you could elaborate a little bit
    more. Bless you!

• Reply Blake May 8, 2016 at 7:03 pm

As a bonus, I’ll be including section for doing Awaken The Gazebo.

• Reply https://tangrankalexa.vn/service/tang-rank-website-lot-top-viet-nam.html?replytocom=7042 May 8, 2016 at 7:22 pm

Ask questions and put up comments about your canine’s intestinal
    obstruction.

• Reply tsohost imap May 8, 2016 at 8:28 pm

There are so many characters to maintain him entertained from a
    humorous snowman referred to as Olaf to a pleasant reindeer and a family of trolls.

• Reply www.idc-clan.it May 8, 2016 at 8:38 pm

Amen to that!

• Reply Quyen May 8, 2016 at 8:40 pm

From this location we enjoy 10 Gigabits per second connectivity again to London Docklands.

• Reply http://mistresselite.com May 8, 2016 at 8:57 pm

Tsohost are amazingly fast to reply any queries from both those who know little,
    like me, to those who want advanced assist.

• Reply Milla May 8, 2016 at 10:05 pm

With the completely different type of information utilized in QuickBooks, thend (Network Data) file is utilised to retailer
    the trail for that QuickBooks firm document and can permit entry in direction of the organization submit to
    open.

• Reply Kenneth May 8, 2016 at 10:30 pm

The mail, database, DNS etc can also be separated and arrange in their very
    own environments.

• Reply Rhonda May 8, 2016 at 10:46 pm

He took a glass microscope slide and wrote on it 10-22-38 ASTORIA with ink.

• Reply glorifytv.com May 8, 2016 at 10:53 pm

I really like the film and so did our toddler so it’s nice to listen to it getting the success I think it deserves.

• Reply Flynn May 8, 2016 at 10:59 pm

Downside :- In line with Jon Von Neumann mannequin only one instruction gets executed at a time.

• Reply Zita May 8, 2016 at 11:54 pm

Keep in mind that anyone with Internet entry can view your Website online;
    be careful about how much personal info you provide.

• Reply Lina May 9, 2016 at 12:08 am

Pictures, video and explanation: what a wheel bearing is,
    what it does, the place it is, and the noise it makes when it is damaged.

• Reply web hosting zdnet May 9, 2016 at 12:13 am

I’ve done one thing close like I believe all of us have.

• Reply http://www.propertytrading.in May 9, 2016 at 12:47 am

We will only sell the very best high quality toner on the lowest costs,
    if your Samsung laser printer toner wants changing, place
    your order with us in the present day.

• Reply Oren May 9, 2016 at 1:29 am

Barcode expertise is easy and price effective.

Usage of barcodes reduces the variety of employees who’re liable to make errors
    decreasing rectification prices to regulate injury further.
    Barcodes cut back the operational and stock prices by improving the
    delivery of remedy to the sufferers, eliminating treatment errors, and tracking
    the shelf life of drugs.

• Reply Gracie May 9, 2016 at 2:27 am

I currently run 7 wordpress sites each under their very own domain and had been with
    justhost for about 3 years.