Style

Pop of Persimmon

January 15, 2014
to vogue or bust, vancouver style blog, vancouver fashion blog, vancouver fashion, canadian fashion blog, alexandra grant, winter style, H&M toque, menswear shirt, free people sweater coat, gap canada ripped skinny jeans, old navy booties, lush cosmetics emotional brilliance

Jeans and bag c/o Gap Canada, coat c/o Free People,
brother’s shirt, H&M hat, booties c/o Old Navy,
necklace c/o By the Shore, lippie c/o Lush Cosmetics

Unlike yesterday’s full-grey outfit, sometimes I feel this irrepressible urge right around this time of year to break out the brights. The rain has been torrential for days, the skies are grey and it’s still getting dark around 4:30 every day. Brightening up your wardrobe is almost a must in order to brighten up your mood. I love neutrals, but there’s only so much black and grey I can wear day after day, particularly when it’s so gloomy outside.
I’m particularly fond of this punchy persimmon tone, especially because it’s something that I can pair with my lips (always a fan of coordinating lips with your outfit – something so retro and chic about it!). This Lush lippie in Strong is a year-round favourite. And while I’m all for full brights if you can pull it off, I personally find that keeping the rest of the look as toned-down as possible really lets the punches of colour pop. Next on my winter brights list? Chartreuse! I have one cashmere sweater in particular that needs to get broken out of the spring pile.
On another note, I had such a great little get-together with Jen, Alicia and Erin last night – I find chatting with my closest blogger girls helps infinitely in terms of getting grounded and gaining some perspective. I don’t know about you, but oftentimes I’m so in my own rhythm and patterns that I get too caught up with my work and/or start to see things from a limited point of view. Talking about why we’re blogging, bouncing ideas off one another and providing support to each other helps so, so much. If you don’t have a blogger circle in your city already, try to get one going! Even if you don’t have any other bloggers locally, make a point of visiting one or two blogger friends when you make your next trip to their city – being able to connect in person is honestly one of my favourite aspects of blogging.
On that note, there are a couple things I’m really looking forward to, particularly in early February. Can’t wait to experience it all and share it soon! Happy hump day everyone πŸ™‚

• Reply Kimberly January 15, 2014 at 2:05 pm

Love how you matched your lipstick to your hat – so pretty! This is a perfect casual look πŸ™‚

• Reply Adventures in Fashion January 15, 2014 at 3:43 pm

Casual yet cute β€” love it! xx

• Reply Hannah January 15, 2014 at 4:38 pm

Matches your makeup perfectly!
    Champagne Lifestyle on a Beer Budget

• Reply OceanWind January 15, 2014 at 4:56 pm

Beautiful colors, Love the location too, it feels as a part of an outfit!
    Just moved to Canada and miss so much my friends, not only my blogger girls. A blogger circle sounds like a great idea, don't know how to apply it though without looking as stalker since I hardly know anyone here!

OceanWind Blog

• Reply Naghmeh January 15, 2014 at 5:26 pm

love this outfit, and that coat is perfection!
    xo

• Reply Monika Faulkner January 15, 2014 at 6:07 pm

Matching your lips to your hat – so cute!! And I think when you love fashion, periodically "mixing it up" style-wise (even if you have a signature look) is gonna happen…I love my neutrals too, but I'll see someone wearing red (like you today, for example!) and suddenly I'm inspired to step outside the box!! Experimenting is all part of the fun!!

• Reply pretty little things January 15, 2014 at 7:58 pm

loving the pops of color with the hat and lips! xo

• Reply Naomi January 15, 2014 at 8:38 pm

Oh man I love your coat!

xoxo, The Occasional Indulgence

• Reply MizzJ January 15, 2014 at 9:19 pm

So true, a big thing that keeps me going as a blogger is connecting with others in the community!

That coat is so gorgeous and comfy looking!

• Reply Balkan style by M. January 15, 2014 at 9:34 pm

I love this look!

• Reply Rebecca Jane January 15, 2014 at 10:30 pm

I love this simple classic look with a pop of red.

• Reply Claire L. January 16, 2014 at 4:36 am

I love the color combination on this outfit! and beautiful background color <3

New Post: Casual Me
    xx, Claire from Vancouver, Canada

• Reply Erin at thesparkle.net January 16, 2014 at 4:41 am

STUNNER!!! loved hanging with you last night and I echo those words xoxo

• Reply Natali January 16, 2014 at 6:23 am

Fantastic coat and boots! You look gorgeous!

• Reply Rebecca January 19, 2014 at 12:52 am

The pop of color is soooooo adorable to an already chic look!

Rebecca

• Reply Krish Banzet April 22, 2014 at 7:11 am

Be sure to send your correct measurements to the makers because they are so detailed. My dress fits so well and I was reluctant to take it off after the fitting.
    Vera Wang Wedding Dress

• Reply Michael Ali September 2, 2015 at 4:07 am

I know where I'm going and l know the truth, and I don't have to be what you want me to be. I'm free to be what I want.Thankyou i really love it.

• Reply Michael Ali September 2, 2015 at 4:07 am

Thats a good' article, i usually amazed with' this thing, i asked myself about this opinion, I wish You'll a better articles that can make another people live..don't make the article feel rigit and isn't interesting and poor, i like to read this' article and i think this is "good".thank you' m'y brother...........

• Reply Zohaib Hashmi October 29, 2015 at 8:15 pm

really looking so pretty
    WonderShare PDF Editor 3

• Reply mahjong November 17, 2015 at 8:35 am

This was among the best posts and episode from your team it let me learn many new things
    mahjong games | agar io | pacman| kizi | hulk | geometry dash pc | sniper games

• Reply Honey Kim January 21, 2016 at 10:22 am

An incredible article you write, very very interesting and informative … I hope you will keep writing articles as good as this, so I gained extensive insight … thanks.!!!
    cool games| cool math games| 8 ball pool| sudoku| yoob| stickman games| unblocked games | shooting games| friv4school|
    happy wheels| fighting games

• Reply buy mobile app reviews May 6, 2016 at 3:45 am

buy even more reviews and first-class scores, and also enjoy your application gain unique acknowledgment at the application establishment.