Life Style

My First Wedding

September 16, 2013
to vogue or bust, vancouver style blog, vancouver fashion blog, alexandra grant, vancouver fashion, canadian fashion blog, phillip lim for target dress, h&m heels, club monaco clutch, elegant wedding style, wedding style, guest of wedding dress

Phillip Lim for Target dress c/o Target Canada, H&M heels,
ring c/o KV BijouClub Monaco clutch

Just a few snapshots from my first ever wedding this past weekend! I had such an incredible time, though despite my best efforts to pace myself, drink a lot of water and get some sleep, I felt like complete garbage all Sunday. Despite this particularly colossal hangover, everything was amazing – the ceremony was so touching, the dinner was beyond delicious and of course, the dancing and festivities were so much fun.
Because I’d never been to a wedding before, I really had no idea what to dress and was having trouble styling the dress I’d already picked. I had been envisioning this warm, balmy day and it was the exact opposite – chilly, foggy and decidedly grey. I threw on this Phillip Lim for Target dress on a whim five minutes before my cab showed up to bring me down to the reception and it just felt more fitting. Because of its beautiful sequin detailing and back, accessorizing could be kept to a minimum: a sleek clutch, strappy heels and a knot bun were all it needed!
A special thanks to the Wafai family for having me (and Caitlin and Emaan for being my dates) – had the best time! Hope you all had a great weekend too πŸ™‚

• Reply Courtney Erin September 16, 2013 at 1:44 pm

I can't believe this was your first wedding! And you looked perfect (sorry about the hangover).

Courtney ~ http://www.sartorialsidelines.blogspot.ca

• Reply Sara Strauss {Sincerely, Sara} September 16, 2013 at 3:44 pm

That dress is stunning, as are you!! The color is gorgeous on you!
    ~Sara

• Reply alison*elle September 16, 2013 at 4:16 pm

You (and your friends) looked gorgeous! Hope you had fun at your first wedding… at our age, there are many more to come πŸ˜‰

xo, alison*elle

• Reply shopandtwirl.com September 16, 2013 at 4:38 pm

That dress is so stunning on you! I'm so glad you had a great time at your first wedding!

• Reply Melanie Liliana September 16, 2013 at 4:46 pm

You look like you had so much fun at your first wedding! That dress is perfect too! I'm sure there are tons more to come in the future! x

iambornlippy.blogspot.ca

• Reply Hannah September 16, 2013 at 5:35 pm

I had my first wedding not too long ago as well! You looked beautiful, love the navy.

Champagne Lifestyle on a Beer Budget

• Reply Lisa September 16, 2013 at 5:45 pm

The dress looks great on you! Perfect choice for a late summer/early fall wedding.

• Reply Leah September 16, 2013 at 6:27 pm

You did a great job styling this dress for the occasion. You look beautiful.

• Reply Annick September 16, 2013 at 6:44 pm

That dress fits you perfectly! It was obviously a great choice! Loving your hair as well!

Bold Subtlety

• Reply Emma Finlayson September 16, 2013 at 6:53 pm

Love this dress on you!!!
    Glad you loved your first ever wedding!!!
    xo Emma
    **Amazing giveaway on now on the blog!

• Reply Carisa @ Bunnies and Pearls September 16, 2013 at 7:22 pm

I love weddings! they are sooo much fun! stunning dress, its actually the first piece from that collection that I really like!

carisa

• Reply RoselyC September 16, 2013 at 9:39 pm

You look stunning. That is a beautiful dress.

• Reply Jana September 16, 2013 at 10:47 pm

The Phillip Lim dress looks so gorgeous on you! Great job getting ready so quickly! Love the final look!

• Reply JennaStevie September 17, 2013 at 2:23 am

This dress is so gorgeous on you, love the sparkly detailing on it and the colour is perfect. You look so stunning! It sounds like an absolutely amazing time, even though it resulted in a brutal hangover, it was probably worth it πŸ˜‰

• Reply Jackie September 17, 2013 at 4:09 am

This dress looks fantastic on you!!! It's basically made to be worn to a wedding.

I can't believe that was your first wedding. I'm sure you had a ton of fun, based on the hangover the next day.

xoxo Jackie
    somethingaboutthatthing.blogspot.com/

• Reply Petra September 17, 2013 at 2:04 pm

Your dress is perfect. You look so beautiful. The color is perfect.
    xo, Petra

• Reply Mounette September 18, 2013 at 2:42 pm

very nice dress, hope you have a great time
    Kiss
    AurΓ©lie

Please vote for me if you want:

• Reply jasmynsimone.com October 16, 2013 at 10:17 pm

I love your style! I featured you on my new post about the Phillip Lim for Target collection. Check it out at JasmynSimone.com.