Heatwave

September 13, 2013
to vogue or bust, vancouver style blog, vancouver fashion blog, alexandra grant, vancouver fashion, canadian fashion blog, h&m grey top, slouchy layers, club monaco lace skirt, michael by michael kore heels, phillip lim for target bag

Club Monaco skirt, H&M tee & sunglasses, Michael Kors heels,

Again, I will never complain about an extra week of summer…but dayuuuum it’s hot! I know this sounds next to impossible because I’m talking about Vancouver, but walking through the city in the middle of the day brings back some serious memories of mid-July in Toronto…the air literally feels like a wall.
In a similar sense to the way I struggle to style looks in the depths of February (when the rain is never ending and there’s next to no light), I’m having a hard time getting dressed lately because it’s just so sticky and muggy! All I want are airy layers (like this oversized tee) and if I have to go fitted, I want something that’s completely light like this lace skirt.
If any of you are struggling through some similar heat waves, how are you coping? I mean I love the heat, but when your body’s priming for fall, it comes as a bit of a shock, right?

• Reply Sara Strauss {Sincerely, Sara} September 13, 2013 at 1:55 pm

I'm struggling because all I want to do is wear layers and pants, but it's much too hot for that. I've been wearing loose tees and shorts and a dangly necklace. Love your skirt!
    ~Sara

• Reply Petra September 13, 2013 at 2:33 pm

What a pretty outfit. Really like your skirt.
    Happy friday
    xo, Petra

• Reply Emma Finlayson September 13, 2013 at 3:16 pm

So cute! That skirt is perfect for a hot day!
    xo Emma
    *** AMAZING Giveaway on the Blog!

• Reply Alicia Halarewich September 13, 2013 at 3:38 pm

I wore almost this exact outfit yesterday. Grey tee with cream skirt. I love skirts or dresses or oversized tees for when the weather is this hot. Was incredibly humid last night!

Alicia

• Reply Hannah September 13, 2013 at 4:27 pm

Your skin is seriously so amazing. Love a good tee & lace.

Champagne Lifestyle on a Beer Budget

• Reply Melanie Liliana September 13, 2013 at 5:22 pm

It's been hot here too surprisingly! You look amazing as usual!! Have a great weekend x

iambornlippy.blogspot.ca

• Reply RoselyC September 13, 2013 at 6:44 pm

Imagine that sticky muggy weather all year round, that is my life. You are coping quite well. Love your sunglasses.

• Reply Simona September 14, 2013 at 8:50 am

You look fantastic Alexandra and I totally adore your crochet skirt <3

• Reply Sarah @ CoopersCloset September 14, 2013 at 3:43 pm

Just pretend like you're on vacation somewhere 🙂 I'm liking the casual top with the crochet skirt, good choice.

• Reply petal and plume September 14, 2013 at 3:53 pm

so gorgeous! your blog is very beautiful!

• Reply mousewings September 16, 2013 at 1:14 am

I really like the skirt. We're going through a late season heat wave in my city as well. I can't wait for autumn.

• Reply Pandora September 19, 2013 at 12:21 am

Oh dahlin'… I feel your pain. I'm from Texas and work outside most of the time in 90 to 100+ fahrenheit. Seriously, the best outfit I've found to help me get through this is as follows:
    1. a light and airy 100% silk midi slip-dress
    2. a lightweight white, pale grey, or neutral colored blazer
    3. straw or woven waist-cinching wide belt
    Flawless and foolproof. I also chug key-lime and peach iced tea like the devil. Essential for keeping cool. Honest.